Negative Account Balance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-31-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Negative Account Balance

I sold a few iPhones on Amazon back in November of last year. I haven't been buying or selling anything on Amazon in months. Now 79 days after one of the phones was shipped I received a buyer email saying "hello plase ,I need my money back thanks and tha number phone". I disregarded this as a scam and didn't even reply but then received an A-Z Claim. I represented my case and submitted tracking information and it was sided in my favor but then two weeks later it was reopened and "seller funded". My account now has a negative balance of $540.00 for a brand new iPhone that was delivered December 3rd, 2012. My credit card expired in November of 2011 and all of the other accounts have been closed because I lost my wallet.

My question is, I am still disputing this claim but after reading about how the A-Z is heavily in the buyers favor feel like I will lose. I care NOTHING about this account but I am really worried about it hurting my credit. Has anyone ever heard of Amazon reporting to the credit beureas? Also, do they send these accounts to a collections agency? I am ready to take Amazon to court over this but if they haven't actually taken any money from me I don't think I can sue them.

If anyone has ANY information on either it hurting my credit or collections please let me know. I filed a police report so I could get some more information on the phone being activated and the officer said if they haven't taken any money from me not to worry about it. I feel like this isn't very good advice. Thanks so much!

By the way, I just discovered this site, so this is not a stealth account it is a legit one. With all of my personal information attached to it. They can't get my money but they may be able to report me to a credit agency...

Last edited by gamecock3; 03-31-2012 at 07:24 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. I am sure other folx will chime in. Sadly, I don't know what AZ does about collections.
Old 04-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks! Yeah I really hope someone chimes in. After hours and hours of googling either amazon damaging someone's credit or collections I can find very little info on either. I am taking this as a good sign but I also know this is a rare situation to have a negative balance. The sad thing is I am a good honest seller and shouldnt be in this ridiculous situation. That's the reason I am ready to get an attorney and sue Amazon but like I previously stated I havent lost anything other than I'm sure my account. That's fine with me thought I don't trust those theifs anyway. I will NEVER buy or sell anything on Amazon again, atleast with my personal information. They offer NO protection for sellers. I'll be reading the Amazon Ghost ebook here very soon!
Old 04-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

it may be the same situation as on ebay/paypal ie the rules surrounding how to treat collectors would be the same..lots of posts on that, alot of them say to ignore....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-01-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
it may be the same situation as on ebay/paypal ie the rules surrounding how to treat collectors would be the same..lots of posts on that, alot of them say to ignore....
When you say collectors, do you mean the emails amazon sends about updating my credit card information or do you mean a third party collections agency. If you ignore them want they just ruin your credit? I can't find any information where it says Amazon uses collections agencies to collect negative seller accounts. I found some posts saying it use to use Certegy but I believe they stopped doing that after the company lost 10,000 people's account information and they were used for fraud. Does anyone have any information? Thanks!!
Old 04-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I mean a collection agency...

I do not have experience of if/how az collects...so hopefully someone will add comments soon...

all I was saying is 'if' they do use them, the advice on posts will be the same...and there are alot of posts a sub member can access.
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 84%

i have an amazon account from a year ago, legitimate own real account, had a negative balance of a reasonable amount

get an email every week.....its the same one blah blah blah

no letters, calls or anything at all from any kind of collection agencies whatsoever, so from my own experience they just dont bother

this is UK BTW
Old 04-02-2012

Longevity: 70%
Send a message via AIM to gamingboy Send a message via Skype™ to gamingboy

not sure about the collection agency but if your still on a non-stealther, why don't you care about your account?
Old 04-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,035 Times in 771 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

As far as I am aware it can't hurt your credit as you did not sign a credit agreement when you signed up.

As this is a real account they are likely to send you debt letters, but you can just send a "prove it" letter to the agency, it's called a CCA request(in the uk)

I wouldn't advocate this behaviour normally, as everyone should pay their debts, but in this case it sounds like you've had a tough time.
Old 04-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

There are people that would love and account on Amazon and be able to sell iphones...lol

Have you tried contacting Amazon?
Old 04-03-2012

this is really sucks, have very similar situation, buyer can not return after return window closed in amz. so they file A-Z, what is the reason the buyer indicate in the A-Z? item not as described?
Old 04-03-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes I have contacted Amazon, I have basically written a novel to them over the last three months. The buyer claimed they never received anything. Which is complete bull crap. They sent me this message "hello plase ,I need my money back thanks and tha number phone".

I can prove it was delivered and I can prove it was activated the next day but that is not good enough apparently. Well it was at first and then they went against their own rules and refunded the buyer with my money. Which is the exact reason I don't care about my account.

I am angry and disgusted with the unprofessional way I have been treated. This is obviously fraud that Amazon is promoting there fore I don't want to EVER do business with them again. I will never buy or sell anything on their site again and will highly encourage all of my friends and definitely family to do the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to gamecock3 For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (04-05-2012)
Old 04-06-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all the insight, it makes me feel alot better. I am still going to try to prove this person activated my phone under their account and sue them for fraud. I will fight this to the end lol
Old 04-06-2012

Time for a police report.......
Old 04-07-2012

Longevity: 84%

call up 5 O he will return your money like a shot if hes got any sense
Old 04-07-2012

Longevity: 80%

you have proof buyer activated the item. Sue their a$$ for the money. you may also be able to get damages for fraud from the buyer as well. You can also try appealing the case with amazon seeing that they cited with you first them changed their minds for whatever reason.

If its your credit you're worried about I wouldnt be worried about it. Im sure amazon doesnt have your SSN as I would expect one to say they did.

I have a buyer on my case right now about an item they purchased back in august of last year.
Old 04-18-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

I had a negative balance on my first amazon account when it got banned, they tried to withdraw the funds from my bank account but I had no money in there to be withdrawn and after that one attempt; nothing. So I wouldn't worry about them trying to get it back with debt collectors etc.

If you have debt collectors letters coming or emails just send them this response recorded delivery and enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee. (for UK)

"I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number xxxxx.

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is an offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested."

Or if you don't want to respond just ignore them.