Action Required: Please provide your Tax Identity (30 days) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Action Required: Please provide your Tax Identity (30 days)

So I am sure most of you know Amazon is asking sellers with any type of volume for tax id. For the record I sold over 10k and probably 1000 transactions before this email came. I am curious if anyone has actually had the suspension handed down? I got woried like everyone else 12/26/11 but that day came and went, bluff from Amazon. Now with a new 2012 account I went for 5 months great. No issues at all. Until 5/9 I got this email saying give a tax id in 30 days or else... I dont want to service an account that is getting suspended. I WILL NOT ship out orders I don't get paid for. I know my 30 days are up and this past month I have been careful on shipments ( I have shipped a ton of orders after AMazon releases funds). I am sitting on my last 7 days now and cant decide if I should ship the orders or wait on Amazon. I really hate this 2 week disbursement thing. Has anyone actually been suspended for not giving the info or is Amazon not ready to lose that many sellers yet?? thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

I'am wondering this as well.
Old 06-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You have to realize that Amazon has NO CHOICE in the matter. This is an IRS requirement. If you go over 200 transactions and $20,000 and Amazon does not have a tax-id on file, they are required to withhold 33% of your gross earnings as "backup withholding". Amazon does not want to have that responsibility.

The only way they can avoid it is to have tax-id's on file BEFORE the accounts hit the threshold.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (06-12-2012)
Old 06-10-2012

Longevity: 80%

Yup what jeff said. this year ( 2013 ) if for sure unlike last year.
Old 06-11-2012

Longevity: 70%

You MUST pay to play.....2013 will be HELL for all the people that didnt and dont want to file. Welcome to the new age of online selling where the gov and state want every penny of profit.
Old 06-11-2012

Longevity: 68%

Could you update us on if you answered amazon and gave them your TAX I? Can Amazon block you if you dont? I really want to know
Old 06-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Of course they will suspend you. We're talking about a company that suspends you for reading their policies cross-eyed. Just do what's necessary to set up 1099 reporting and welcome to the new world as AmazonStealth said.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
AmazonStealth (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012

I cant push it enough, that now days if you want to play you need to pay. You can either do the constant cycle of selling a couple items and getting shut down, waiting 90 days, and doing it over again, or you can build an established legit account. I would break the requirement barrier for providing tax id in a few hours on amazon.

When you first realize that you need to pay taxes, it can be frustrating, but get used to it. If you want to make serious money and continue to make money...pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

^^^Worse yet, they might just delete your account and keep the money. Turn & burn accounts are OVER (Amazonstealth also pointed this out months ago).
Old 06-20-2012
Threadstarter  

Users here need to stop saying over and over again to give a tax ID. I am well aware as most of us are the new rules and so forth. What many of you FAIL to recognize is that some of us will not go along with it. There will be and are work arounds. I value this forum but you guys say the same thing over and over again. I am at 40 days since the email and they sent money successfully to my account after the 30 days passed. So no they have not yet suspended me. I am sure they will but not yet. I had 4 stealth accounts left over from 2011 and mine die slow (usually 6-8 months) These accounts are to ficticious people. There is no SS or EIN to provide. So I am going to ride this out and get as much $$ as possible. People with useful info to help likeminded people please reply. People saying over and over you MUST give tax info get lost we are not interested. And there is a way to beat their interview process. I havent cracked it because I havent taken it yet but some poepl e out here are getting by and keeping it hush.
Old 06-20-2012

Longevity: 82%

Turn and burn is not over that is for sure..There is always a way to stay stealth..
Old 06-20-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppy View Post
..........These accounts are to ficticious people. There is no SS or EIN to provide. So I am going to ride this out and get as much $$ as possible. People with useful info to help likeminded people please reply. People saying over and over you MUST give tax info get lost we are not interested. And there is a way to beat their interview process. I havent cracked it because I havent taken it yet but some poepl e out here are getting by and keeping it hush

Those telling you to give them an EIN are RIGHT ON THE MONEY,,,,we ALL Know about the Names and addresses on these accounts,,,and we KNOW that there is a way to give them a LEGIT EIN,,,No NEED to even Worry about an interview,,,"Cracking the interview",,,that is the MOST ridicoulous thing I ever heard

You are NOT interested in doing your own Leg work,,,you want Instant Gratification,,,an immediate Anwser,,,,sorry But it just does NOT work like that on this forum,,,Sometimes all that can be done is to Point someone in the RIGHT direction,,,

Then to top it all off you have the B@lls to come here and tell people who are trying to "Nudge" you in the right direction to "Get Lost",,,Really???,,who the F^ck are you?,,,nobody here Knows you, and nobody here wants to know you,,,You just got here, and already you are running LONGTIME Members who are trying to help you off threads,,,Are you Serious???

Just because you are not sharp enough to figure what posters are trying to tell you, does NOT nmean that you have some king of licence to tell members here to "Get Lost",,,,,

People like you should be left to wallow in there own ignorance,,,GREAT way to make friends though,,,I cannot see you getting much more help on this forum though,,,you may wanna Pack up and Roll out,,,you have OVERSTAYED your welcome,,,,

Last edited by slapped; 06-20-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2012

For all of you trying to work around the system, let me give you a quick story. When I first got into the game, I sold everything that was phake as hell and name branded to the max. I lasted for a couple months, made decent money and at eventually got the boot. I would then have to get new everything. It was absolute hell. I now do everything exactly opposite. I sell legit products, pay my taxes, and make more money than I could ever imagine in my wildest dreams. It is a long term and reliable solution. I can go to bed and wake up in the morning knowing I will be doing this for a longggg time, and on top of my day job I would be able to retire so young if I chose to. Do the right thing......

But to be honest, for all of us in it for the long run, maybe I should tell you to keep doing what your doing, because that only brings us more customers.
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
sfs600 (07-10-2012)
Old 06-21-2012
Threadstarter  

of course I have the balls to come on here and tell other posters how things are. You are all here for some reason or another involving suspension from ebay/amazon. Dont act all high and mighty and "I am so legit". You would not need this forum if your accounts were all in your own name address and social making more than you could imagine. I have never had a problem pulling in 6 figures part time from this so dont think I am scraping by on nickles and dimes amazonstealth. I came here to ask one thing. After they send the 30 day til suspension email will they actually pull the trigger and cut you off. This was to decide if I wanted to fill all my orders fast like normal or hold back as not to get screwed out of disbursement $$. That was it. I was more than happy to give other users info I have been looking for all year when my account passed 30 days and is now 40something with no suspension. That was all I asked. Nothing in there should have led someone to post GIVE THEM YOUR EIN. All I said is I am sick of that answer. It does not solve the issue for many of us and there is a work around as others have mentioned. Simple and plain.
Old 06-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppy View Post
of course I have the balls to come on here and tell other posters how things are. You are all here for some reason or another involving suspension from ebay/amazon. Dont act all high and mighty and "I am so legit". You would not need this forum if your accounts were all in your own name address and social making more than you could imagine. I have never had a problem pulling in 6 figures part time from this so dont think I am scraping by on nickles and dimes amazonstealth. I came here to ask one thing. After they send the 30 day til suspension email will they actually pull the trigger and cut you off. This was to decide if I wanted to fill all my orders fast like normal or hold back as not to get screwed out of disbursement $$. That was it. I was more than happy to give other users info I have been looking for all year when my account passed 30 days and is now 40something with no suspension. That was all I asked. Nothing in there should have led someone to post GIVE THEM YOUR EIN. All I said is I am sick of that answer. It does not solve the issue for many of us and there is a work around as others have mentioned. Simple and plain.
You keep asking the same question and getting the same response, so I dont know what else you are looking for. Amazon sent out all sellers the tax requirement around Christmas time last year. Most have not entered their information. For those that did, they plan on sticking around long term, so they have no issue paying taxes. The days of not paying are over. Since the message of entering tax information has been reiterated to death by amazon to the sellers, when they drop the hammer, they will drop it hard (aka suspensions galore).

You are right we are all here for one reason, but those making serious money follow the rules. They have learned their lesson, and now do things the right way, yes even on stealth/legit accounts. For your comment of "I make six figures", congrats if true, but one things tells me it isnt true. The fact that I bring in six figs, and I would never put an account that rakes in that much money in jeopardy, but simply not entering my info and paying the taxes, because they will close it sooner or later. And most likely at the very worst time.
Closed Thread