Need to resell on Amazon! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-20-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Need to resell on Amazon!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post my situation and am hoping/praying that someone here can help me.

My brother had an amazon and ebay accounts and he sold for 5 years. He was selling authentic hair and skin items. At first his business was doing very well, but with competition, he had to lower prices. It affected how much labor he can hire, and eventually people complained about shipping delays and mistakes in shipments. Amazon and ebay kicked him do to poor performance.

He tried to resell using a new bank account and new business name, but we were totally naive for using the same computers and same internet lines with same IP addresses. lol. We should have known better...

so i have decided to help my brother and start a new amazon business, found a new address, got new computers and new phone number and internet lines.

questions...

1. If I decide to create a new business under my name instead of my brother's name, but we live in the same address, can amazon and ebay find out and suspend our account?

2. Does amazon and ebay check credit history, address history of business owner and try to match it with sellers who have had amazon accounts suspended?

3. can I use a debit card that i establish with a new checking account with a bank as credit card information to sell on amazon or ebay?

I would appreciate any feedback from anyone because we have so much merchandise that we need to move just sitting.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Amazon and ebay are different companies. Start thinking correctly.

Dont do business with your brother if he managed to ruin one business already.

How are you to know he will not repeat the same errors?

Sorry to sound harsh but you have a lot of work to do to start again on either selling platform. You can not use the same methods for both.
Read a lot more to try to grasp what I mean
Old 06-21-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. All the best as you around, get informed, and/or get the ghost guide for help.
Old 06-22-2012

Longevity: 70%

Everything needs to be 100% fresh, new and squeaky clean from being linked or tracked. Everything from phone number to bank account. Learn from the past, and dont make the same mistake twice. Also buy the guide, and read the forums....dont rush into it, and take your time. Good luck!
Old 06-22-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 68%
Default clean account

Well i got the Amazon Ghost guide and read through it and have a good idea what i need to do.

I have found a new address, will use new computers, have a new phone line installed with new DSL lines. I will also create a new incorporation and business name.

But i have a question.

Can amazon or ebay trace previous addresses of new users through bank statements, phone records, and credit reports?

Even if i start a brand new acct, my previous address and phone numbers are the same as my brother's. I could use other immediate family members name and information as well, but the previous address and phone number information would also be the same as my brothers.

thanks!
Old 06-22-2012

Longevity: 69%
Default You should be fine now

"Can amazon or ebay trace previous addresses of new users through bank statements, phone records, and credit reports? "

From my experience no or at least they wont bother.

I recently started a new account after being suspended: I used my mom's address, a different phone number and opened a bank account under my wife's name. I then used the debit card from my wife's account as the "charge card". I even use the same (work) computer that my previous account was suspended from. The only thing I did was clear my cookies once and Amazon never recognzied me.

However, I logged on to check my suspended account at home using my home computer. I then logged on with my work computer via my VPN at home to test how well amazon was at IP tracking. They did link me and suspend my new aco**** associating it with the suspended one This is most likely because the VPN bounced off my home router and they linked me that way.

I then wrote the CEO's office after my appeal failed and explained that the accounts were not related and they reinstated me.

I honestly think that if I change my IP address (by releasing and renewing) that Amazon will not be able to track me at my home. The only reason they did link in the first place was because I logged on to both seller accounts (suspended and good) on the same IP address on the same weekend.