amazon prime keeps causing me to get banned. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-10-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default amazon prime

I have seen Ebay sellers doing that for years selling 1000s of items this way. I wonder how do they stay alive?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2012

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

im surpised the buyers dont get pissed and want the difference in price or cause other issues when they see an "amazon" box at their door. hah.
Old 12-12-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I have seen Ebay sellers doing that for years selling 1000s of items this way. I wonder how do they stay alive?
If they don't have an Amazon seller account, Amazon wouldn't be able to squeeze them. They would just keep opening new emails and new prime accounts.
Old 12-12-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
im surpised the buyers dont get pissed and want the difference in price or cause other issues when they see an "amazon" box at their door. hah.
The vast majority don't care because the pricing isn't included if it was marked as a gift.

If somehow the pricing was included, they think that is what they paid and that's the end of that. I don't check everything on my statement line by line. Do you? Once I order something that's pretty much it.

Some ask about the discrepancy and it is easily explained away.
Old 12-12-2012

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
If they don't have an Amazon seller account, Amazon wouldn't be able to squeeze them. They would just keep opening new emails and new prime accounts.
Still, that's $79 for each account that Amazon will be getting... which is still better for you in the long run rather than paying shipping for each item. I can see why Amazon has this rule.
Old 12-19-2012

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon5o1 View Post
Where does it say this is their rule to not be able to use Amazon Prime to dropship?
It's in the policy section of Prime on Amazon's own website. This activity is prohibited. The reason they do it is because they don't want you using services like eBay or other competitors to sell their merchandise. It's their decision no matter how stupid you or anyone else thinks it is.
Old 12-19-2012

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacka_man View Post
Still, that's $79 for each account that Amazon will be getting... I can see why Amazon has this rule.
More banned accounts = more fees collected. Just wonderful.
Old 02-14-2013

Longevity: 71%

I've been doing this for years and Amazon just recently started cancelling my prime every 3 weeks or so since the Christmas rush! The cost isn't an issue it's just annoying! OP or anyone else have a solution yet?
Old 02-14-2013

IMO, this is a lousy way to run a business. I would hate waking up in the morning and logging into amazon to find my account bayonetted every couple of weeks. But thats just me.
Old 07-16-2014

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: amazon prime keeps causing me to get banned.

I know someone making 6k a day in sales selling on ebay and using amazon prime as there dropshipper
Old 07-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine1 View Post
I know someone making 6k a day in sales selling on ebay and using amazon prime as there dropshipper
And? Continue with the explanation
Old 07-16-2014

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
smell bs here, you know how many addresses that is, the system would flag the account immediately
Old 07-16-2014

Quote:
I don't believe you, that's over 2 million $ in sales a year.
He must be creating several new accounts every day - and new prime accounts at $90? every time - or he is Amazon employee who has a solution.
Old 07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post
He must be creating several new accounts every day - and new prime accounts at $90? every time - or he is Amazon employee who has a solution.

I sort of believe him. There's a bunch of sellers that have like 25,000 items listed from Amazon. It's probably the same guy or the same few people making a killing. I don't see how its possible dealing with returns and price changes and everything. Either it's a huge operation or they have one killer algorithm.
Old 07-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdp View Post
I sort of believe him. There's a bunch of sellers that have like 25,000 items listed from Amazon. It's probably the same guy or the same few people making a killing. I don't see how its possible dealing with returns and price changes and everything. Either it's a huge operation or they have one killer algorithm.
The way to see what their volume is, is to use Terapeak using the "research your competition" option. Enter the eBay User-ID and choose the 90 day time frame. That will give you their volume over the last 3 months. Divide the total $$$ sold by 3 and it will tell you how much they are doing on average per month. Multiply by 12 and you have their yearly sales volume. The number won't be EXACT, but it will be CLOSE.

Then, look at a few of their items. See what they are selling them for and go to Amazon to see what the cost it. That will give you an idea of their profit margin.

I have done this for a few sellers, and I can tell you that some of them are willing to accept a 5% profit margin on these sales. I don't know about you, but that is not business that I want. 5% or even 10% may be normal for many retail shops, but with the customer service issues and returns, that could lower your margins to 3% - 7% very quickly.

Still, this DOES seem to work for some folks. Using a credit card that gives you cash back to pay for items can boost your margins. Just make sure of what the yearly limits are, because most of these cards have limits of some type. Also, with a large volume, your PayPal fees will drop. You can use the eBay/PayPal fee calculator at EcommerceBytes.com to see what the exact profit would be on an item: EcommerceBytes Fee Calculator for eBay and PayPal

Be sure to add in a percentage for your costs, such as the number of Prime memberships you will burn through, internet connections, etc. Then you can make an informed decision as to whether or not it is worth it for you to do this.

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-17-2014 at 02:02 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
evicktd (07-23-2014), PolMart (04-26-2016), tilpatin (11-19-2015)
Old 07-22-2014

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unteagle View Post
i buy stuff off amazon and dropship through ebay. I use amazon primes free shipping. I keep getting my account cancelled for using prime to resell. Any way around this?

I've been using gift cards but one, I have to pay $5 a card and two I don't get the rewards points on my credit card.
Yes, don't use Prime for Drop shipping, that's the way around it. It's against their rules and they track everything, so you'll continue to get suspended. Charge your buyers for shipping or pay for it yourself and your accounts will not get suspended.

Prime is one of their huge money makers, they're always updating it to add more content to make it more appealing. They're going to pay attention to their platform.

As to why they care and you making millions, they don't care. Their revenue dwarfs yours 10,000 times over and they have many sellers that make more than you on their platform that bring in more than you do and respect their rules. In short, they don't care if you make a 1/2 million on their platform or not, they know you need them and it's not the other way around so they set the rules.

They will have bots monitoring your account for patterns on your shipping, if you use prime every single day and your shipments are going all over the place, that will raise a flag. You can't avoid this, they'll catch you every time.
Old 07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
smell bs here, you know how many addresses that is, the system would flag the account immediately
Do you know how to get a free prime account ? Do you know how to get a free .edu account ? Do you know an administrator from a .edu school that can make you a constant flow of .edu emails if you paid him . from what I know .edu gives you 6 months free of prime membership. Lets say 200 accounts prime accounts each having gift cards to pay for the merchandise do you think 4 purchases per day per account will flag you..doubt it...you can round robin this whole operation,. go to ebay type in search 2 day shipping there is 30k items and you know 90% is all being drop shipped from amazon prime .. There is a seller who has 14k items all being droped shipped from amazon prime how do you think they accomplish this .. is some thing that you don't know how to do and they do and for you to say I smell bs is ignorance until you give it some thought

Last edited by machine1; 07-23-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT IM TAKING YOU TO SCHOOL

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

FREE for 6 Months

Then 50% Off Prime

FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
Deals and promotions exclusively for Students
Earn a $10 Credit when you refer a friend
Unlimited instant streaming of 41,000 movies & TV episodes
Borrow FREE Kindle books
Access to over a million songs and hundreds of playlists, ad-free.
Old 07-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Do you know an administrator from a .edu school that can make you a constant flow of .edu emails if you paid him
Not everyone has this type of hookup so you need to stop acting like everyone has the ability to get unlimited .edu accounts!

Quote:
from what I know .edu gives you 6 months free of prime membership. Lets say 200 accounts prime accounts each having gift cards to pay for the merchandise do you think 4 purchases per day per account will flag you..doubt it...you can round robin this whole operation,. go to ebay type in search 2 day shipping there is 30k items and you know 90% is all being drop shipped from amazon prime .. There is a seller who has 14k items all being droped shipped from amazon prime how do you think they accomplish this .. is some thing that you don't know how to do and they do and for you to say I smell bs is ignorance until you give it some thought
All of this giant rant is really irrelevant because if people don't have the ability to make unlimited edu accounts as you stated above....then there's really no point in moving on with this rant.
Old 07-23-2014

Quote:
Do you know how to get a free prime account ? Do you know how to get a free .edu account ? Do you know an administrator from a .edu school that can make you a constant flow of .edu emails if you paid him . from what I know .edu gives you 6 months free of prime membership. Lets say 200 accounts prime accounts each having gift cards to pay for the merchandise do you think 4 purchases per day per account will flag you..doubt it...you can round robin this whole operation,. go to ebay type in search 2 day shipping there is 30k items and you know 90% is all being drop shipped from amazon prime .. There is a seller who has 14k items all being droped shipped from amazon prime how do you think they accomplish this .. is some thing that you don't know how to do and they do and for you to say I smell bs is ignorance until you give it some thought

I've already tried opening multiple accounts and separating orders through the accounts. They linked the accounts, waited for the trials to end, charged me for prime on all the accounts, and then closed them! So I don't think this method works.
Old 07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdp View Post
I've already tried opening multiple accounts and separating orders through the accounts. They linked the accounts, waited for the trials to end, charged me for prime on all the accounts, and then closed them! So I don't think this method works.
u started drop shipping the account right away .. u didn't bother to have some cheap items being sent to that address you can find items for 99 cents with free shipping and have them sent to that address and wait 30 days then start dropshipping the items slowly 1 a week 2x week 3 week etc patience to do something like this . One thing I learned being on this forum is patience is key
Old 11-12-2015

Longevity: 74%

I have been tracking this guy(eBay Feedback profile for remeloo) on Terapeak and looking in to his listing and all of his listings are from amazon under £20 so it is clear this guy overusing amazon prime. But Terapeak told me he have over 32.000 transactions over 90days. It must me doable.

In last couple weeks I found 4 other sellers on Ebay doing same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to koncret For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (03-06-2016)