EIN - Address Question - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%

I also have a question about ein's I'm going to be starting a llc now i have 4 ebays and 4 amazons at the moment in all diffrent names and addresses running great for the past couple months i was just wondering can i add a ein to more then one ebay and amazon once my sales goes over $20,000 a year. i was thinking about saying all my employee have ebay and amazons for me. what do you guys think. Thank you guys for all the info above it was useful!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
Ok I basically have the same question, my ex has an ein that has never been used with amazon. It is sole p so its his legal first and last name and the address is an apt that we lived in two years ago lol. But its still an active ein. I have an amazon account that is over a year old and that is asking for tax id info by sept 30th.

Should I add the ein?
What does everyone think
why not change the address on the ein to avoid trouble?
Old 08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
why not change the address on the ein to avoid trouble?
I could do that. If I did that, with the ein being his first and last legal name which is of course different from the Amazon Stealth account would that be enough? Would it be a problem or you think that they would accept it if the address at least matched?
Old 08-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

Just spoke with an accountant and he said that changing the address on the EIN or getting a new EIN with the other addresss is fine.
Old 08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew7676 View Post
Just spoke with an accountant and he said that changing the address on the EIN or getting a new EIN with the other addresss is fine.
If you have an accountant do you happen to know if you can have more than one EIN number per person? Cause the IRS gov site says this about EINS
Sole Proprietors

You will be required to obtain a new EIN if any of the following statements are true.

You are subject to a bankruptcy proceeding.
You incorporate.
You take in partners and operate as a partnership.
You purchase or inherit an existing business that you operate as a sole proprietorship.

You will not be required to obtain a new EIN if any of the following statements are true.

You change the name of your business.
You change your location and/or add other locations.
You operate multiple businesses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So basically stating that opening up another business (registering a new one) isnt an option to be able to get a new EIN. Says right there that operating multiple businesses you dont get a new ein.
Old 08-30-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
If you have an accountant do you happen to know if you can have more than one EIN number per person? Cause the IRS gov site says this about EINS
Sole Proprietors

You will be required to obtain a new EIN if any of the following statements are true.

You are subject to a bankruptcy proceeding.
You incorporate.
You take in partners and operate as a partnership.
You purchase or inherit an existing business that you operate as a sole proprietorship.

You will not be required to obtain a new EIN if any of the following statements are true.

You change the name of your business.
You change your location and/or add other locations.
You operate multiple businesses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So basically stating that opening up another business (registering a new one) isnt an option to be able to get a new EIN. Says right there that operating multiple businesses you dont get a new ein.

u can have as many as you like as long as you have the proper paperwork/documents to backup all those EINs
Old 08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
u can have as many as you like as long as you have the proper paperwork/documents to backup all those EINs
This is very interesting news, I suppose the irs site says you are not required to does not say that you can not.
I may actually try and do this then it is actually a very very good way to keep older accounts that are now getting slammed with the provide tax id. Better than loosing them.

I do have another question tho, opening and registering another business to get the new ein...does that not give you another sales tax account?
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
This is very interesting news, I suppose the irs site says you are not required to does not say that you can not.
I may actually try and do this then it is actually a very very good way to keep older accounts that are now getting slammed with the provide tax id. Better than loosing them.

I do have another question tho, opening and registering another business to get the new ein...does that not give you another sales tax account?
yes it is a new sales tax account. the irs does not care how many business or ein you open. they encourage you to open as many as you want. the more businesses that open, the more that pay them $. you are opening a new entity, totally aside of yourself (this is the whole point of incorporating, to free yourself of liability in most cases)
Old 08-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew7676 View Post
So, can someone please answer my original question? Will Amazon to trouble of trying to link my amazon registered address with my EIN addresss? Has anyone had experience with this?
Did you read jeffweico's reply?

Amazon 'sends' the info of the EIN to the IRS.

The IRS either says yes to agree on the info OR no.

What amazon does NEXT has not been spoken about here yet that I am aware.

However, it is past time you get more info on tax matters from a forum.

That is not our place.

Given you are speaking of having your wife involved, take PROFESSIONAL TAX advice.