How soon can I relist my old inventory ... from a previously banned account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-27-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default How soon can I relist my old inventory ... from a previously banned account?

I know selling the same products as a previously banned account can get you banned again (because Amazon suspects it's you coming back on the seller platform again) ... but after some time has passed I'm sure it's ok to relist your old inventory ...

I ask because, in Novmeber 2012 I reopened a brand new seller account on Amazon it was doing great ... until I decided to relist my old invetory (those 2,000 books from that previously suspened account) and I got linked overnight and deleted

So, my question is, how soon can I relist those books (they are worth alot on the Amazon marketplace) without getting linked and banned? I heard that you have to wait 3 months ... is that true?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2012

Longevity: 93%

Spread the books over a few Amazon accounts.
Old 11-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasreed View Post
Spread the books over a few Amazon accounts.
thanks but I really don't want to spread books over several accounts if I can help it.

Besides, I know for a fact that after a "certain amount" of time has passed you CAN relist inventory from a suspended account and not get immediately banned again ... but exactly what that time frame is, I don't know

So, I'm wondering if anyone here does ...
Old 11-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

If you don't want to spread them out, your best bet is to sell new items, then toss the old stuff in at random.

Also, I would check for the rarity of the books that you have. The rarer the item, you will most likely be linked to a banned account. But, if there are thousands of the same books and you mix it up a bit, you could be safer.
Old 11-29-2012

Longevity: 66%

Hm... I don't get this. How do they know you're the same seller by just looking at the inventory? I mean, if you've sold dvd's previously, how they recognize you again? There are millions of sellers that sell dvd's.
Old 11-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post
Hm... I don't get this. How do they know you're the same seller by just looking at the inventory? I mean, if you've sold dvd's previously, how they recognize you again? There are millions of sellers that sell dvd's.
I have heard that Amazon's computer intelligence CAN and DOES scan a seller (especially a new seller's) inventory to see if there is a over 50% identical match from a recently banned seller, (because Amazon is not stupid and KNOWS that recently banned sellers usally try to get back on Amazon)

... and I know they can do this because it happened to me

I listed approx. 2,000 ex-library books during the summer on a (now) banned seller account (that account got banned because I was being stupid and accidently entered the bank number of a previously suspended account)

About 2 weeks later I wanted to get back selling on Amazon so I created a brand new seller account and started relisting all the exact same inventory from my recently banned account all over again

... and within less than one day my account was DELETED (I was blocked out and couldn't even log it)

I guess Amazon is smart and knows that even though a seller account was brand new with a different address, if all the inventory is the same, then, it must be the same old seller back again
Old 12-08-2012
Threadstarter  

One last quick question on this topic ...

Is the rumor true that can and/or does look for a 53.5% match or greater in inventory to all blocked accounts in the last 90 days?
Old 12-09-2012

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboard View Post
One last quick question on this topic ...

Is the rumor true that can and/or does look for a 53.5% match or greater in inventory to all blocked accounts in the last 90 days?
where is the rumor comes from?
Old 12-09-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post
where is the rumor comes from?
from this article

How to Get a Amazon Seller Account Back - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
Old 12-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Read the article - some similar concepts but that 53.5% is just stated - I would not take it as source...or maybe try and see, report back.
Old 12-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Read the article - some similar concepts but that 53.5% is just stated - I would not take it as source...or maybe try and see, report back.
I will try it, but how should I best try it?

I obviously don't want to lose my new account (I might get linked to my past account and then end up getting deleted again) but hey, if it happens then it happens ...

Do you think it's best it I MIX the inventory with some new some old ... like list a page of old inventory, then new, then old, then back to new ...

If I mix it, with some inventory new some inventory old ... will the odds of being linked go down?

Has anyone every tried this with their old inventory when they make a new account and get back selling on Amazon?
Old 12-10-2012

Longevity: 77%

I'm not sure about the 53.5% rule but you could list a lot of items that ou do not have and make sure you are the most expensive by a long way. That could drastically lower the percentage for you.