Am I ready to start over or is there more to it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-04-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Am I ready to start over or is there more to it?

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and like many hear eager to get selling again on the mighty Amazon.

A year ago my Amazon account was suspended/blocked. Either way I got game over email, appealed etc and got nowhere. It made a huge income for me and when I lost my account thought it was game over :( I made enough over Christmas not to work the rest of the year if I wanted to!

In the mean time I have been focusing on building my own website but the sales I make are nowhere near that of what I did through Amazon. I am now ready to get back on there and selling again.

I have been reading through this any many other forums about the steps you need to take to start selling again.

If I do all of the following should I be okay? I have only ever sold on the UK site. If there is more to it than this then I will buy the Amazon Ghost ebook. I just want to check first if I really do need it or not? The way people seem to talk about Amazon is like they are better at tracking people down than the FBI, lol!

What I have done so far:

-Set up a brand new LTD company at a new address (it is an office 20 mile from my previous address so not a residential address like before as I feel it will give a more professional look) I will still work from the old address as before though and just plan to use the office for storing stock) I am assuming when I sign back up and they ask for a name and address I can just put in the business name and address?

-Opened a new business bank account with a different bank so I have a fresh account and card. I was with Barclay's before and now Natwest so the banks are different. It has been opened in the name of the new business and business address given for bank statements etc.

-I used to operate as a sole trader. So was VAT register before. I have de-registered and as I now have a LTD company have a new VAT number.

-Set up a new land line phone number at the new address as I feel it looks less suspicious than a forwarding number going to my house phone number that was used on the old account. I will however set up a 0845 number for customer services forwarding to my home phone as I will still work from there.

-Bought a new laptop and dongle (I used to be with Virgin Media who have said they cannot change my IP address) so decided I may as well use a different provider all together and the cheapest option seemed a dongle.

-Set up a new Google e-mail account (would using the email address for my business actually be better as it looks for professional)?

-Bought different stock to before so although I will still be selling clothing, won't be the same clothing as before.

-Re written my terms and conditions etc so they are worded differently.

-Re written standard copy and paste emails for customers asking how to send us a return.

-Re written any standard product information I would use. For instance instead of 100% cotton t-shirt I've changed it to medium weight t-shirt made from 100% cotton.

I really can't think of what else I realistically need to do?

Its been a while so can someone fill me in on:

Based on having a Pro Seller Account...

Will Amazon ask me for any person details like a home address, or because I am a business only ask for the business address and details? From what I remember the only address they ask for is the one you operate from?

Because clothing is a category you have to be approved for last time round they wanted to look at my eBay account to see what I sell etc. This time I will show them my website. The domain is registered to my old address. Would they go as far as checking who a domain is registered to? If I need to I will change the domain name and register that to the new address as well and update my returns address on the site to the new address.

Will they ask for the business owners name? I have actually opened it in my fathers name, so other than the Surname the first name, age, etc will all be different. We do however live at the same house, so if they do ask for the business owners home address how do I get around that because this is the address I used on the old account.

I have gone through a lot of effort so far to prepare opening my new account headache free and without any comebacks.

Ideally all I want is one account that I can slowly build up, adding a few products a week and start selling on without the worry of waking up one morning to find its been linked or suspended. I assume that as long as I send out orders on time, stay on the ball with it all and keep my customers happy I shouldn't have any problems. I know you are never guaranteed an easy ride, but if your products are legit and you keep your customers happy should be able to sell on there headache free. I went wrong before because some of my products were t shirts with trademarked images on that my supplier failed to inform me were not official merchandise. For instance a t-shirt with Jay-Z on. I have a new supplier now and all merchandise is official and licensed.

I have also been booted off of eBay for the same reasons. Was around a year ago too. Should the same steps see me selling back on there / using Paypal again without any issues?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!