eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Thinking of switching to amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/56985-thinking-switching-amazon.html)

455 02-22-2013 05:16 PM

Thinking of switching to amazon

I usually sell on ebay and it is hit or miss, and since I have never used amazon before I don't necessarily have to care about being stealth. I have some general questions though that I wasn't able to find searching.

Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay? If I make a generic amazon account and confirm my bank and cc, and sell, let's say, a hundred dollar sports card or toy (anything that isn't vero or high risk like electronics), will I actually get paid and have nothing bad happen?

With the confirm shipment button, do you have to have a tracking number to confirm shipments?

Lastly, does Amazon ever ask for my social security/ID scan like paypal does, if so, at what dollar amount in sales do they usually do this?

Thanks for any advice.

TonyAlmeida 02-23-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay?
To me. Yes, it is harder than eBay as new seller

Quote:

With the confirm shipment button, do you have to have a tracking number to confirm shipments?
You don't need tracking number to click the confirm shipment button. But you need to provide a tracking number per their policy.
Quote:

Lastly, does Amazon ever ask for my social security/ID scan like paypal does, if so, at what dollar amount in sales do they usually do this?
Everyone say Amazon is at 200/$20K

Kelly441 02-23-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 455 (Post 424335)
I usually sell on ebay and it is hit or miss, and since I have never used amazon before I don't necessarily have to care about being stealth. I have some general questions though that I wasn't able to find searching.

Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay? If I make a generic amazon account and confirm my bank and cc, and sell, let's say, a hundred dollar sports card or toy (anything that isn't vero or high risk like electronics), will I actually get paid and have nothing bad happen?

Thanks for any advice.

I would recommend you read Amazon Ghost and read the forum here and do stealth accounts anyway. It takes a long time to get an account established agin if you get canned. Run two or three so you can have others to fall on if you get the ax on one.

crocus 02-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 455 (Post 424335)
Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay?

Amazon is a lot harder on all sellers, new and old, than eBay. You can be a great seller but still have bad numbers according to their stupid metrics. You have to take returns from customers.