Thinking of switching to amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-22-2013
455 455 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Thinking of switching to amazon

I usually sell on ebay and it is hit or miss, and since I have never used amazon before I don't necessarily have to care about being stealth. I have some general questions though that I wasn't able to find searching.

Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay? If I make a generic amazon account and confirm my bank and cc, and sell, let's say, a hundred dollar sports card or toy (anything that isn't vero or high risk like electronics), will I actually get paid and have nothing bad happen?

With the confirm shipment button, do you have to have a tracking number to confirm shipments?

Lastly, does Amazon ever ask for my social security/ID scan like paypal does, if so, at what dollar amount in sales do they usually do this?

Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 02-23-2013
TonyAlmeida's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,153
Thanks: 511
Thanked 408 Times in 319 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay?
To me. Yes, it is harder than eBay as new seller

Quote:
With the confirm shipment button, do you have to have a tracking number to confirm shipments?
You don't need tracking number to click the confirm shipment button. But you need to provide a tracking number per their policy.
Quote:
Lastly, does Amazon ever ask for my social security/ID scan like paypal does, if so, at what dollar amount in sales do they usually do this?
Everyone say Amazon is at 200/$20K
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2013
Kelly441's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,457
Thanks: 104
Thanked 165 Times in 133 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455 View Post
I usually sell on ebay and it is hit or miss, and since I have never used amazon before I don't necessarily have to care about being stealth. I have some general questions though that I wasn't able to find searching.

Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay? If I make a generic amazon account and confirm my bank and cc, and sell, let's say, a hundred dollar sports card or toy (anything that isn't vero or high risk like electronics), will I actually get paid and have nothing bad happen?

With the confirm shipment button, do you have to have a tracking number to confirm shipments?

Lastly, does Amazon ever ask for my social security/ID scan like paypal does, if so, at what dollar amount in sales do they usually do this?

Thanks for any advice.

I would recommend you read Amazon Ghost and read the forum here and do stealth accounts anyway. It takes a long time to get an account established agin if you get canned. Run two or three so you can have others to fall on if you get the ax on one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 75
Thanks: 27
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455 View Post
Is Amazon a lot less hard on new sellers than ebay?
Amazon is a lot harder on all sellers, new and old, than eBay. You can be a great seller but still have bad numbers according to their stupid metrics. You have to take returns from customers.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking to Create an Amazon Acc As Well Batman Amazon 1 01-31-2013 06:31 PM
Switching IP's jwoody8 UK eBay & Paypal 4 11-02-2012 05:10 PM
How did Amazon ban me? I am thinking about getting Ghost brew7676 Amazon X 15 05-24-2012 06:15 AM
computer switching stevesokol21 eBay Discussion! 10 12-11-2011 10:39 PM
IP Switching proownuevo UK eBay & Paypal 1 02-03-2011 10:26 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts