Missing FBA inventory - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-16-2013

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%
Default Missing FBA inventory

I sent a shipment to FBA that was received may 5th. In the shipment there were 20 items, and only 10 received of mixed sku's. Today they responded by saying that the weight of the box would not be equal to all inventory so the FBA ops team denied any missing inventory. They told me its my responsibility to make sure the weight is actual as sometimes the shipping carrier does not re-weigh shipments.
But I used your partnered carrier, amazon?

two items were 200$ cameras and the other 8 missing were 30$ items.

I responded by saying the box that was used was so large it would not fit on my scale and even on their shipping partner's scale for that matter. Being so large, it would of layed on ups counter and would of thrown off the weight.

This is a pretty large hit for me. How can I fight this?
And how can i prevent this from happening? so if I add 10lbs to each shipment, they will find another way to denie missing inventory
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2013
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%

If you are sure you have sent the goods, use their carrier, add some bags of sugar in the shipment to make the weight correct and then claim your missing goods. Play amazon at their own game...LOL
Old 05-16-2013
Threadstarter  

haha, anit that the truth. Im going to fight this the best I can. Maybe there is someone that has gone through it.

FBA is not good for me, one shipment has been "CHECKED-IN" for 5 business days so far and there response is that they need to research this and that takes 10 days.

Did I tell you about a shipment last month that was was delivered, but never added into inventory?

Dont use FBA people.
Old 05-18-2013

FBA may have it's down falls but you will get a lot more orders and make a lot more money doing FBA. That is if you find the right products to sell. One of my items I only make 25 cents on but I sell 100 a day. That's $750 a month. I have the same item listed cheaper as seller fulfilled and am lucky to sell a few a day.

You have to keep track of your inventory. Once I noticed there were 100 units not accounted for and Amazon said they accidentally destroyed them. They reimbursed me but if I didn't ask them they would have not notified me.
Old 05-18-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Kelly441, try not to let everyone know how good it is ... LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
Kelly441 (05-18-2013)
Old 05-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post

I responded by saying the box that was used was so large it would not fit on my scale and even on their shipping partner's scale for that matter. Being so large, it would of layed on ups counter and would of thrown off the weight.

And how can i prevent this from happening? so if I add 10lbs to each shipment, they will find another way to denie missing inventory
Next time, check here what to do before saying a thing to them

Old 05-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Next time, check here what to do before saying a thing to them

They claim they are going to have someone from their FBA ops team call me, any tips?
Old 05-22-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
I sent a shipment to FBA that was received may 5th. In the shipment there were 20 items, and only 10 received of mixed sku's. Today they responded by saying that the weight of the box would not be equal to all inventory so the FBA ops team denied any missing inventory. They told me its my responsibility to make sure the weight is actual as sometimes the shipping carrier does not re-weigh shipments.
But I used your partnered carrier, amazon?

two items were 200$ cameras and the other 8 missing were 30$ items.

Anytime I ever had an issue with inventory, I sent the copy of the receipt of what i ordered and what I shipped. I had a run in with them once, and they requested it. Now it would be a bit more tricky since I am running it under another business but still get my goods through my real name.

Do you have anything stating what you purchased that you can provide them and how much it weighed?? Why are you using such a large box??? Can that be reduced?? I have never had issues with the weight thing, but I have with missing inventory. I wait about 5 days after they have received the shipment and then I do my own numbers and email them. I always find missing stuff, but sometimes, they catch it before me. Just depends. It is something that HAS to be stayed on top of if you choose to do FBA though.