Amazon Buyer trying to scam me, advice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Send a message via Skype™ to Ukdirect
Default Amazon Buyer trying to scam me, advice?

I wanted to get everyone else's thoughts on this one, sold an item on one of my Amazon seller accounts.

After a week the buyer opened a return case saying the item was faulty and he wanted a replacement and compensation, we no longer stock this item and after reading the tone of his email I issued him with a full refund and offered to send out a prepaid return envelope for the faulty item.

They emailed back after this saying that a refund isn't good enough, they want a replacement item and compensation, I again tried explaining that this item is something we no longer stock.

They send a couple more emails of a similar tone each time opening a return request for the already refunded item, to try and just end this madness I sent an additional £10 good will gusure to them and thought it was finished with.

They have now open an other three return cases all against the same item demanding compensation for faulty goods and left negative feedback for us claiming we won't give them a refund

Looking for everyone's thoughts on this one? Personally due to the tone in their messages and the clear lies in their feedback I'm thinking report them to Anazon customer services as a buyer trying to bribe us for more money but I also don't want to shine a spotlight on my ghost account.

What does everyone else think?

I should have added the item only cost £14
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Contact Seller Support. They will taken care of it
Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

Does another seller sell the same item, if so buy it and send it out again recorded. Sometime I think its sellers pretending to be buyers

Hope it works out
Old 05-20-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsco View Post
Does another seller sell the same item, if so buy it and send it out again recorded. Sometime I think its sellers pretending to be buyers

Hope it works out
Personally I think it is a seller who is aware of amazons customer matrics as they seem to be sending alot of pointless emails on a regular basis and they keep opening return requests
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 73%

Best thing to do is to contact Amazon now about this buyer. You can also reply to his negative feedback and fully explain the situation so your customers can see.

Are you able to cancel that goodwill gesture refund or has amazon already processed it?
Old 05-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You do need to shut this kind of buyer down - contacting Amazon is a good move - the buyer does not see you doing any "goodwill gesture" - he or she is out to manipulate you and get advantage
Old 05-26-2013

Longevity: 65%

To add a little here, the smarter buyers will target sellers with a low number of feedback, knowing that it hurts their metrics and score in a much larger way. They know the seller will bend over backwards to make sure that their new (or new'ish) account remains in good standing.
Old 05-26-2013

Longevity: 80%

From my POV you already made a mistake by issuing refund before buyer returned the item and giving additional refund. That makes you look weak and led to the additional returns if you ask me.

Contact amazon and let them know what is going on asap. You cannot block the buyer so you cannot stop them from buying from you.
Old 05-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Contact Amazon,,This type of thing seems to be getting more Widespread,,,

We Sellers also need to know the "Game". I have also have had more than one Buyer, Buy an Item and then make some sort of Bull@hit claim and DEMANDING an Immediate refund.

My response is ALWAYS the Same, I will send them a Prepaid return Label and they need to return the item, Then I will Refund, Scammers NEVER want to send back the item, and will do and say ANYTHING to avoid it,,,what they will NEVER do is open an A-Z Claim or Escalate the case to Ebay, because in BOTH cases they will be told to return the item BEFORE getting a refund.

if they do NOT return the item, they will Lose their claim/case, and the Scammers KNOW This, Ebay and Amazon also KNOW that scammers do this to Honest sellers EVERY Day so they will give all those nasty Emails and comments NO WEIGHT and REMOVE them from your feedback,,

Sellers NEED to realize this,and stand up to these SCUMB@GS

Last edited by slapped; 05-26-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-26-2013

Longevity: 66%

Good if it works this way but amazon specially side with buyers.... Ebay on other hand will look st things this manner
Old 05-27-2013

Longevity: 77%

Sorry to be blunt but what the hell are you doing. If you have already issued a full refund why are you sending them an additional £10 voucher? You say they have left negative feedback so there is nothing else they can do to affect you. Your behavior will just encourage this buyer to try the same in the future.

You should have issued a full refund and then either ignored them or reported to amazon,.
Old 05-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukdirect View Post

They emailed back after this saying that a refund isn't good enough, they want a replacement item and compensation, I again tried explaining that this item is something we no longer stock.
What does everyone else think?

I should have added the item only cost £14
Buyer saw you coming.

After the refund the matter should have ended. Soon as the buyer came back with more demands, your response is 'Thank you for shopping with me. I have taken your issues to Amazon.'

Then you deal with amazon. You do nothing more with the buyer. Dealing with them does you no good at all.
Buyer played you. But you let him
Old 05-28-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

I contacted Amazon customer services regarding this buyer, after 24 they responded to say they have looked into the buyer and confirm that they arn't a repeat complainer or Amzon seller.

They have advised be to be as polite as possible with my reponses to the buyer and to try and resolve any issues the buyer has to get them to change the negative feedback.

In the mean time this buyer is opening 2-3 return requests per day and sending random emails daily.

I'm still sending nice responses but when will this ever stop??
Old 05-30-2013

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 69%

a-z claims never ask for items to be returned

always go to customer support and feedback can be removed as well due to backmail
Old 05-31-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.v.limited View Post

always go to customer support and feedback can be removed as well due to backmail
This buyer isn't opening A-Z claims he keeps opening return cases, I went to customer support and they said that they won't remove the feedback.

This is why I like to run 4 amazon accounts rather than one, small minded buyers who can effect someone's whole business
Old 05-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.v.limited View Post

That's a huge hit against the seller for this kind of claim - cant even receive the product back when this kind of claim is done
Old 06-07-2013

Longevity: 88%

I come here to see if AMAZON makes any improvement on thier A-Z claim handling process.
Looks like it's still the same, always side with buyers, don't see any hope on AMAZON... just need to wantch out and forget then move on.

-
Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Worse still is when A-to-Z claims come and the seller gets account deleted - can't even TRY to resolve - double screwing
Old 06-09-2013

Longevity: 70%

This is why I preach to buy small inexpensive items to resell only to build up orders and feedback. I sell 300-500 small items on each stealth account per week and my ODR is like .02 percent. I can afford to be stern with unreasonable buyers and take many negative feedbacks with no concern.

Also, why not use FBA? A buyer can not file an A to Z claim and the returns are handled through Amazon, not you.
Old 06-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
Also, why not use FBA? A buyer can not file an A to Z claim and the returns are handled through Amazon, not you.
It is possible that the product would not be accepted by FBA if risky item (not saying that it is but maybe so)...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ChristinaC (01-14-2015)