New Amazon user- need some help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default New Amazon user- need some help

Hi all,

I am not writing here because i have been suspended from amazon but i have just made an amazon account to try to broaden my sales away from ebay.

I sell in a competitive market which is consumer electronics and i am after some general advice and tips about using amazon.

The first thing i notice is that amazon make it compulsory for you to offer standard delivery for just over £4. On ebay i make it a rule to only ship items by next day tracked delivery which is quite expensive considering the size of some items. Also the fees on amazon appear to be quite a bit higher than with my ebay shop.

Anything i should know about why amazon is good. i.e what makes it as good as or better than ebay?

cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I sell mainly on ebay but I just started selling on few other sites one being amazon and I like amazon, the buyers are not as needy I feel, there isn't a million questions hardly any complaints and I get a little more for each item than ebay. I feel like the buyers just buy the item and that's it on amazon , ebay I feel like u need to hold the buyers hand from beginning to end and after doing everything for that feedback. Amazon I don't get much feednack and it doesn't seem as important as ebay .
Old 06-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon, depending on what you sell, can bring more sales and higher profits than eBay. You cannot charge more for shipping, so you will have to add any additional costs into the product price.

Amazon also will not put up with any nonsense - behave unprofessionally and you are GONE! Where eBay will give you a warning, Amazon just closes or even deletes your account. AND - AS A SPECIAL BONUS - if your account is deleted, you can forget about seeing any of the money they are holding. You can call them, email them and complain to your mommy and it will do no good. They will not even discuss the situation with you.
Old 06-01-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Amazon, depending on what you sell, can bring more sales and higher profits than eBay. You cannot charge more for shipping, so you will have to add any additional costs into the product price.

Amazon also will not put up with any nonsense - behave unprofessionally and you are GONE! Where eBay will give you a warning, Amazon just closes or even deletes your account. AND - AS A SPECIAL BONUS - if your account is deleted, you can forget about seeing any of the money they are holding. You can call them, email them and complain to your mommy and it will do no good. They will not even discuss the situation with you.
Thanks i will definitely keep that in mind
Old 06-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

amazon is a really different selling platform from ebay.

Go over their site. Read right thro' seller central & other pages. They have policies in place that not even they know about. Dont let yourself be caught.

You have to conform to their rules and do it their way.

Done well, you could make money. Do not expect to race in, sell up a storm.
Your customer service has to be outstanding.

Ask on here, before you think of doing anything that might damage your amazon account.

amazon takes no prisoners. Read carefully what jeffweico said. Avoid that happening to you.

Old 06-02-2013

Longevity: 70%

Totally agree. Profits double that of Ebay and yes you don't get stupid questions or hardly any.

The only downside is feedback, buyers don't tend to leave feedback but as long as you abide by their rules then is bingo.
Old 06-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

First sale came throughld with a much higher profit than ebay. I guess i should read their policies now to make sure i don't get suspended. That said, there is always Amazon Ghost
Old 06-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by geg1700 View Post
First sale came throughld with a much higher profit than ebay. I guess i should read their policies now to make sure i don't get suspended. That said, there is always Amazon Ghost
Start reading.

Dont be tricked amazon is easy even with the ebook.

Old 06-03-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

just a quick question. I am reading one of the new seller pages and it states that "Your Amazon seller agreement requires that the price at which you list a product on Amazon.co.uk and the other terms of your offer must be the same or better than for the same product offering on your other online sales channels."

Do they actually check this? I'm not even sure they even know the prices on my ebay shop? I have chosen to price my items on amazon higher than on ebay due to fees and shipping etc. Is this an issue?
Old 06-03-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Well said geg1700