Newbie - I Want To Get Back On - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Newbie - I Want To Get Back On

Just read the guide and have a few questions. I'm not tech savvy, so have decided to get back on with as few steps as possible.

My plan:
1) Get a new computer.
2) Get a smart phone with new number (I need one anyway)
3) Use another address (not sure what route to take, probably from a relative.)
4) Use a variation of my name, which should work since my last name is so common.
5) Get new bank account with credit card in my "new" name.
6) Get new email address. This should be easy
7) Request that my IP address be changed from my current provider.

Does it matter that the billing on the new phone will be in my real name?
Will using a variation of my name cause any problems? Is it possible to use a current bank account never associated with Amazon, and change the name on the account from, for example, from Tom Smith to TY Smith?

Have I missed any steps?

What should I do with the old account which I have been using to buy products?

By the way, I'm so far impressed with the guide, especially the part about fingerprinting. I would have never considered it without buying the guide.

Cataqua
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2013

Longevity: 64%

1) You don't need a new computer, you can reformat and reinstall your OS, this is surefire

2) You can use google voice number instead of a real number, but your solution works

3) Yes, any other address will work, but if you choose a family member's address, I suggest looking into whether or not you have ever had anything shipped to that address via your suspended account, or if that family member has logged into their account from your address.. In general I prefer to not use family members and just get a mailbox somewhere (costs us $15 a month)

4) Should be fine

5) Should be fine but I would just get a dba or llc instead and open the bank account and Amazon account in that name

6) Yes

7) Yes - keep in mind that some users say that you would need to spoof the mac address of your modem... If you want to be 1000% safe, you may consider swapping your modem completely if that's a viable option for you..

Your billing address/name on your phone you use will not be seen by Amazon. In general, when in doubt, ask yourself if a company could legally give out your information to anyone who requested it. Can you take someone's phone number and find out their name/address/etc? No. Neither can Amazon, nor would they go through this effort with every single seller.

Lastly, yes you did miss a step. You need to have a plan for inputting a new EIN number if you have already burned your SSN from your last account. That info is all over the forums and very easy to accomplish anyway. Goodluck
Old 06-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 62%

My account was closed in 2009. I don't think I ever gave Amazon my SSN. If I use my SSN, will they then know my name and close the account?

I already have a DBA, let's say my company is called Lucky Gem, that was never linked to Amazon, and has a bank account that was never linked, but the business account name on the bank statement is "Real Name dba Lucky Gem" Will Amazon be able to link me by my real name, especially since it will not match the name that I use to open the Amazon sellers account?

Thanks for the all the help.

cataqua
Old 06-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

All the steps are nice and simple

Suggest avoiding use of relative's address - just use a variation or new address...or post office box if you can afford it and are concerned about returns.

Does it matter that the billing on the new phone will be in my real name? No it does not matter - Az can cannot see that info right now.

Will using a variation of my name cause any problems? Unlikely - as long as other info is different

Is it possible to use a current bank account never associated with Amazon, and change the name on the account from, for example, from Tom Smith to TY Smith? Dont need to change the name of the account - make sure bank will handle deposits in different names
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
n8zzz (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013

Longevity: 64%

If the last time Amazon saw your name was back in 2009 and they never got your SSN, I'd imagine that you could use your real information in regards to that, especially if your name is very generic. I used a variation of my name with my EIN # because my SSN was dead at that point, had no problems with it.