Back to Back bank closures. Will paypal find me? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-05-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Back to Back bank closures. Will paypal find me?

Well I have been using BOA and HSBC for months with my stealth paypal accounts. On Wed I got a call from HSBC which I missed but they said to call them back to verify some activity but couldnt log into my online banking. When I called they said they were closing ALL my accounts and that paypal contacted them regarding fraud with them (they are all stealth). They said they were running an investigation and wouldnt know anything for 7-10 business days and at that time I would be issued a check for the remaining balance. I figured damn but I still have other accounts. I woke up this morning to log into my BOA account and same thing. They told me they were chosing to end their relationship with me. No explanation, told I would be issued a check tomorrow. I had run up quite a decent amount in fees to ebay which I never paid bc id just close the accounts. Now im nervous that the banks are going to give paypal all my info and they are going to come after me, or worse. Anyone who can help please. I need info bad.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

The bank can not turn over your information to Paypal without a court subpoena so you have nothing to worry about on that end. Exactly how many accounts with each bank did you have?
Old 11-05-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
Well I have been using BOA and HSBC for months with my stealth paypal accounts. On Wed I got a call from HSBC which I missed but they said to call them back to verify some activity but couldnt log into my online banking. When I called they said they were closing ALL my accounts and that paypal contacted them regarding fraud with them (they are all stealth). They said they were running an investigation and wouldnt know anything for 7-10 business days and at that time I would be issued a check for the remaining balance. I figured damn but I still have other accounts. I woke up this morning to log into my BOA account and same thing. They told me they were chosing to end their relationship with me. No explanation, told I would be issued a check tomorrow. I had run up quite a decent amount in fees to ebay which I never paid bc id just close the accounts. Now im nervous that the banks are going to give paypal all my info and they are going to come after me, or worse. Anyone who can help please. I need info bad.
Sound like you must have been doing something pretty extreme like not shipping the products maybe? Don't have enough info, if you add a little more details we might be able to come up with something.,,
Old 11-05-2010
Threadstarter  

had 4 with each at the time but had used and closed a bunch in the past with them. I mean my paypal fees alone would be high. And there have been times when there was buyer fraud and false disputes filed and i knew it so i just abandoned the account. I just dont want a letter rolling in saying i owe paypal 25k in fees and bull****.

Ive always shipped my items. In fact these accounts right now im using in question have no disputes or anything on them.

Last edited by SaiJin; 11-05-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-05-2010

Longevity: 78%

Wow, for real? They coming after you like that? You must be selling drugs or something (lol)
No but really, opening and closing multiple accounts AT THE SAME BANK is clearly not a smart move. Paypal is friends with banks all across the world, the bank is not your friend. I've never opened more than two accounts at the same bank, plus you skipped on paying PAYPAL?? Your brave...
Old 11-05-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,529 Times in 2,184 Posts
Activity: 75%
Longevity: 91%

Huh? Banks hate PP.

But banks DO have to cover their behinds. The more bad things you do, the more risk you run like Sdot.

Me? I'd just pay eB off and move on to the next account, This way everyone is happy and I'm not jeopardizing my Bank accs.
Besides, if eB did their job, they are entitled to their fees.
Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

@HowYaLivin - banks are your great friend if you operate properly. Few bad moves and yup, termination.

I have no idea about the OP's modus operandi but rest assured, they won't share your info with PP unless fraud and subpoena involved - hopefully you were not playing around like that.

If all your info with eb and pp is stealth, collectors will call and mail you at your registered info(s).
Old 11-05-2010

Banks hate Paypal? How you figure that? Then why do business with Paypal then? I clearly don't see how you got that one...

@rsot, exactly

So when a bank closes YOUR ACCOUNT for you, your clearly no longer friends (lol)
Old 11-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok now that we have this pretty squared away what do you think will happen with my money. In total its between 2300-2600 total. HSBC is doing a "fraud investigation" and BOA says they will issue me a check tomorrow with my remaining funds after investigation. There is absolutely nothing fraudulent about the accounts aside from the names dont match up. No disputes or anything. My fear is that they will just say ok we're sending back all the money to paypal then im screwed. Lose money AND people have items. The weirdest thing about this is not one of the accounts is limited. In fact im actually still selling on them as we speak without a problem.
Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
There is absolutely nothing fraudulent about the accounts aside from the names dont match up.
That, to banks, is fraudulent activity. And they probably closed the accounts because they're worried about money laundering.
Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

That's also true - when multiple deposits come in with diff names totaling 1k and over in U.S., it CAN be rough. Losing relationships with 2 prime banks is bothersome too but you should be able to get your funds.
Old 11-05-2010

Wow that sounds like some crazy shyt. How did that happen? I know for a fact if paypal call a bank, the bank won't just end all relations with you, hell the bank won't even give your information to paypal. Matter of fact, if you didn't use your real name and all paypal had was the account number (that is closed) the bank will tell paypal the account doesn't exist.

I think it's more to this story than oweing fees...

I've opened and closed ton of accounts (countless at the moment) with BofA and they never mentioned terminating relationship and they what I request without question.. Matter of fact... If you call the bank they will block all payments from paypal for you.

I still think that there is more to this... Banks just don't drop their customers... you must have been a VERY high risk.
Old 11-05-2010

Longevity: 89%

They won't give your information over without a subpeona, period. Fees will not warrant a subpeona. I suspect the REAL reason the banks are ending their relationship with you that they are not disclosing which has happened to me once, is because they suspect you are using PERSONAL accounts for BUSINESS purposes. The thing is they generally do count PayPal and such as business activity it's just because they can't look at every single transfer that it goes, but when so happens that their attention is brought to the account and they look into it they don't like what they see.
Old 11-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSam View Post
They won't give your information over without a subpeona, period. Fees will not warrant a subpeona. I suspect the REAL reason the banks are ending their relationship with you that they are not disclosing which has happened to me once, is because they suspect you are using PERSONAL accounts for BUSINESS purposes. The thing is they generally do count PayPal and such as business activity it's just because they can't look at every single transfer that it goes, but when so happens that their attention is brought to the account and they look into it they don't like what they see.
You sir are a genius. I read that and i think thats EXACTLY whats going on. When HSBC called and I called back the first thing they asked was where the funds were coming from. I said paypal and they were like so this is like a business you have. I kinda danced around the question and he said he would take off the block. Then the next day is when I started hearing about fraud and such. I was actually kinda surprised when they said that but also said I would be receiving a check within 7-10 business days. I mean what kind of investigation is that. BOA wont tell me anything except that they are ending the relationship. The more I think about it and reading what Madsam said that seems to be the most logical answer.
Old 11-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
Well I have been using BOA and HSBC for months with my stealth paypal accounts. No explanation, told I would be issued a check tomorrow. I had run up quite a decent amount in fees to ebay which I never paid bc id just close the accounts. Now im nervous that the banks are going to give paypal all my info and they are going to come after me, or worse. Anyone who can help please. I need info bad.
So because of sour grapes with ebay/paypal you decide to stiff them for fees.
And then you complain about banks protecting themselves by closing your accounts.

Did it ever occur to you to not stiff ebay for fees because of possible consequences like this.

IF paypal is really hacked off about this, you might not see your money. Has happened before. paypal are cracking down on cases like yours. One day someone doing just this is going to lose.

To be really honest, it sickens me you boast about stiffing ebay for fees, then crying because you might get caught. That sort of behavior stuffs every thing for sellers really hurt by ebay.
Old 11-05-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

There's something you're worried about that you don't want to share... paypal, or any organization who contacts your bank, without your permission, and gets account activity, information, etc... and does not have a subpoena/warrant signed by a judge... and who is allowed such information by the bank... I just don't believe you. Banks in the USA do not work like that. However, if they are choosing to end their relationship with you, you must be doing something really, really bad. Suspicious transactions, ip address concerns, ID something or other, really, really bad credit, checksystems whatever..... there is something here you're not telling us.

First of all, the bank would never say, "oh paypal contacted us"
Second, if paypal even tried, the banks would give them nothing, not a name on the bank account, nothing.

Seek other banks, and be wiser in your decisions in the future.
Old 11-05-2010

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
You sir are a genius. I read that and i think thats EXACTLY whats going on. When HSBC called and I called back the first thing they asked was where the funds were coming from. I said paypal and they were like so this is like a business you have. I kinda danced around the question and he said he would take off the block. Then the next day is when I started hearing about fraud and such. I was actually kinda surprised when they said that but also said I would be receiving a check within 7-10 business days. I mean what kind of investigation is that. BOA wont tell me anything except that they are ending the relationship. The more I think about it and reading what Madsam said that seems to be the most logical answer.
You can’t go near a bank these days without hearing a couple dozen mentions of the word fraud, and then a few honorable mentions of money laundering and anti-terror laws. Don’t worry, regardless of what may be an obvious thought - just receiving deposits in a different name to the name on the account is NOT a fraudulent activity – but it is certainly suspicious if they happen to come across it, fortunately they can’t review every transfer that comes in.

However, I hope this doesn’t happen to you in case you do have any payments yet to reach the accounts they are closing and let this inform many others who receive deposits in different name. I had numerous accounts with this bank that had received a lot of deposits and had many more deposits that had just been initiated when the bank decided that I was using these personal accounts for business purposes and said they were going to close the accounts and send me checks for the outstanding balances. The accounts that had already received the deposits were fine and had checks sent out in my name for the balances in full. However there were other accounts that were yet to receive the deposits at the time they were closed, so I hoped that the transfers would just get returned or possibly deposited if they made it in time. Instead they did accept the transfers but in the name of the stealth accounts they were coming from, they didn’t deposit them they sent me 8 checks in the different names on the stealth accounts.

This was in the days where I used names to entertain myself and believe me it was not fun trying to call up to explain my name as Indiana Jones! Anyway, there was nothing they would do to change the name on the checks or return the amounts or do anything about it – so I was stuck with 8 checks for around 1k each. In the end, my only option was to go the other side of the city (you know what I mean) and convince someone to cash the checks without ID in exchange that they can keep one of the checks – worse fees than PayPal L
Old 11-05-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

And I forgot.... don't worry.... hsbc and bank of america are not the only game in town. I believe it's already been said on the thread, but I've said it a lot on other threads... a good relationship with your bank will prevent this kind of thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
Bluemag66 (07-18-2013)
Old 11-06-2010
Threadstarter  

haha man greenbean i swear you always have something smart to say whenever i post or just you delete my posts. I never once bragged about stiffing ebay. Not sure where that came from. But please enlighten me with your most perfect explanations.

If I have a paypal account that goes gets limited and they want SS# and I owe ebay fees that I KNOW wont save the account. Please tell me why I should go out of my way to send ebay the money when it will do no good. Dont act like youve never stiffed ebay accidentally or on purpose but you are the great one right.

If I have a stealth account and a person files a dispute stating not as described or some BS I know isnt true like a guy once filed a dispute a months after for an ipod saying it looked used when I CLEARLY stated in the listing it was used and had Hi Resolution pictures of the small scratches. Of course paypal sided with him so sometimes I would just walk away from the account for complete BS dealing with buyers.

No I didnt do it all the time but 2 years with BOA and HSBC the times probably added up. Thats why I asked the question.

But anyway. Im not leaving anything out. The more I think about it the more im realizing I kinda filled in the holes myself and maybe created a theory. HSBC actually never said anything about paypal until I did. So it wasnt like they were just like oh its paypal fraud. And BOA isnt telling me anything. I am thinking its def the business on personal accounts thing.
Old 11-06-2010

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
There's something you're worried about that you don't want to share... paypal, or any organization who contacts your bank, without your permission, and gets account activity, information, etc... and does not have a subpoena/warrant signed by a judge... and who is allowed such information by the bank... I just don't believe you. Banks in the USA do not work like that. However, if they are choosing to end their relationship with you, you must be doing something really, really bad. Suspicious transactions, ip address concerns, ID something or other, really, really bad credit, checksystems whatever..... there is something here you're not telling us.

First of all, the bank would never say, "oh paypal contacted us"
Second, if paypal even tried, the banks would give them nothing, not a name on the bank account, nothing.

Seek other banks, and be wiser in your decisions in the future.
I dont know i had a customer in the past a long time ago who i got a greendot debit card for they was w/d money from paypal to the card and paypal called up greendot made up some BS lies and greendot frozze the account and refunded the money back to the limted paypal. Paypal will call and lie there ass's off to banks they will do what every they can to steal money out of your bank or get your banks shut down! Its funny how a stupid Co. like paypal can call up a bank and all sunden the bank has to close your account just cause a rep from paypal says a few lies about you. Its kinda like paypals over all the banks or something. u would think it would be illegal to do this. wonder what kinda info paypal gives the bank to make them belive there really paypal reps.
Old 11-07-2010
Threadstarter  

^^^^^^^^
exactly. if paypal calls and says we think you should look into this account the bank may do it. Then they may get scared looking at the accounts and close them. I have to call tomorrow to get an update but the whole ting is still weird again not one of my paypal accounts is limited or has any disputes.
Old 11-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
haha man greenbean i swear you always have something smart to say whenever i post or just you delete my posts. I never once bragged about stiffing ebay. Not sure where that came from. But please enlighten me with your most perfect explanations.

If I have a paypal account that goes gets limited and they want SS# and I owe ebay fees that I KNOW wont save the account. Please tell me why I should go out of my way to send ebay the money when it will do no good. Dont act like youve never stiffed ebay accidentally or on purpose but you are the great one right.

If I have a stealth account and a person files a dispute stating not as described or some BS I know isnt true like a guy once filed a dispute a months after for an ipod saying it looked used when I CLEARLY stated in the listing it was used and had Hi Resolution pictures of the small scratches. Of course paypal sided with him so sometimes I would just walk away from the account for complete BS dealing with buyers.

No I didnt do it all the time but 2 years with BOA and HSBC the times probably added up. Thats why I asked the question.

But anyway. Im not leaving anything out. The more I think about it the more im realizing I kinda filled in the holes myself and maybe created a theory. HSBC actually never said anything about paypal until I did. So it wasnt like they were just like oh its paypal fraud. And BOA isnt telling me anything. I am thinking its def the business on personal accounts thing.
If this post was your first post, I would have given you an entirely different answer. This post is a better description of your situation. Try to write that that as often as you can, then we'll both enjoy the forum