80% positive with 5 ratings = FEATURED - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 404
Thanks: 50
Thanked 99 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default 80% positive with 5 ratings = FEATURED

So this guy, Chinese seller OF COURSE, is featured with only 5 total feedback and 80% positive ratio. The next person I hear saying that illegals are taking all our jobs is getting a punch in the face.



Seller's name is bestal.

(Glitch so amazon link deleted).
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,657
Thanks: 25
Thanked 401 Times in 337 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default

on amazon its not about feedback much its mostly about volume to become featured
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 404
Thanks: 50
Thanked 99 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

i agree, but c'mom, how many of us on our accts have been featured by the time we are at only 5 feedback? Or even 10? I'm currently at 7 on my new account with less than a 5% feedback rate, meaning quite a lot of sales for the amount of feedback I have.. definitely not featured yet though =/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-24-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 81
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

umm,

just a thought but would it not be better to use anonym.to if you are going to link to Amazon from this site?

It is easy to track the referrer when going to a new site and this site would not be a good referrer to pop up f you are logged into an Amazon account.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to studio For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-24-2013)
  #5  
Old 07-24-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

@studio1one

Good catch.

Anonym should have worked.

I'll check it out.

Link deleted for the moment.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,657
Thanks: 25
Thanked 401 Times in 337 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
i agree, but c'mom, how many of us on our accts have been featured by the time we are at only 5 feedback? Or even 10? I'm currently at 7 on my new account with less than a 5% feedback rate, meaning quite a lot of sales for the amount of feedback I have.. definitely not featured yet though =/
i got featured at 40 feedback and a friend of mine at 37 i believe it was.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 81
Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

it always used to be 90 days and then you got featured, has it changed?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-24-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,929
Thanks: 4,602
Thanked 7,057 Times in 6,428 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Hmm so it is highly possible that the seller aged his Az account - only a matter of time before he gets axed with that rate of feedback
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 404
Thanks: 50
Thanked 99 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Yeah, you are probably right on the aged account thing come to think of it. But we have seen time and time again China sellers with less than 80% keeping solidly active accounts and remaining featured. Amazon bends the rules for them, nothing new there.. I just thought it was crazy that he was featured with that few feedback, but I've seen stranger I suppose =P
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-24-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Hmm so it is highly possible that the seller aged his Az account - only a matter of time before he gets axed with that rate of feedback
Did you look at the seller? He states he is doing B2C business. He might have bigger plans

LOL

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 691
Thanks: 34
Thanked 218 Times in 152 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

this is a concerning trend that I have noticed a lot in the uK recently. I know im stealth but my feedback is always over 96% in the consumer electronics category. Im not trying to rip people off like these guys.

A lot of china sellers are setting up sleeper accounts. They get one or two feedback and leave the account for 5+ months. They come back when it gets featured status and they gun the account. Im pretty sure its about 5 sellers in the Uk but they just stick up a thousand listings at the lowest price, get featured and ride it until its time for an accounts change.

Its concerning as eventually amazon is going to catch on and its going to make things more difficult for everyone. It could be of some use in the short term but this really is a game changer as there is no way amazon are going to allow this to continue.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-24-2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,265
Thanks: 62
Thanked 84 Times in 76 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%
iTrader: (0)
Default

One time I was checking out competitors and noticed a local business who I had dealings with when I was employed.....I remember seeing them with less then a handful of feedback and them being featured. Alot of the items I viewed they were not the cheapest either so I'm sure sales were not noticeable by amazon. I remember cussing them out and amazon out.
It was like as if they called Amazon and asked to become featured..and mean while I busted my ass to become featured.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-25-2013
bboard's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 233
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
this is a concerning trend that I have noticed a lot in the uK recently. I know im stealth but my feedback is always over 96% in the consumer electronics category. Im not trying to rip people off like these guys.

A lot of china sellers are setting up sleeper accounts. They get one or two feedback and leave the account for 5+ months. They come back when it gets featured status and they gun the account. Im pretty sure its about 5 sellers in the Uk but they just stick up a thousand listings at the lowest price, get featured and ride it until its time for an accounts change.

Its concerning as eventually amazon is going to catch on and its going to make things more difficult for everyone. It could be of some use in the short term but this really is a game changer as there is no way amazon are going to allow this to continue.
I hope this isn't true

If this is true, this is bad ... Amazon will start taking serious precautions against this by restricting sellers and withholding disbursements
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-25-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,929
Thanks: 4,602
Thanked 7,057 Times in 6,428 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Did you look at the seller? He states he is doing B2C business. He might have bigger plans

LOL

Yes but with that kind of rate of feedback, his bigger plans look like a flop so far...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-25-2013
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 404
Thanks: 50
Thanked 99 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboard View Post
I hope this isn't true

If this is true, this is bad ... Amazon will start taking serious precautions against this by restricting sellers and withholding disbursements
I have a great idea for a serious precaution they could take. Don't let China sellers sell directly to our US market! I would laugh myself into insanity if Amazon has to shorten the leash on every seller because of the BS that China sellers are pulling.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How bad are 4 out of 5 ratings? kockedoff Amazon 16 04-18-2013 02:51 AM
DSR Ratings darko310 Subscriber Discussions 2 02-17-2013 04:24 AM
DSR Ratings arshavin eBay Discussion! 6 12-15-2012 07:40 PM
'featured and featured plus' why are only powersellers allowed to use it? lucy Auction Listing 2 04-18-2010 07:45 PM
featured first or not dburnside UK eBay Suspensions 3 01-25-2010 12:47 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts