DSR Ratings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-16-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Question DSR Ratings

Been a while since I've been here. Been doing great both on Amazon & eBay and always thankful for everyone's help on here & of course couldn't do it w/out Aspkins eBooks.

But I'm having an issue with eBay's DSR rating system and after speaking to customer service rep, they pretty much told me that buyers can leave you a 1 or 2 DSR rating for any ridiculous reason from not liking the color of a doll's dress to not not liking a manufacturer''s packaging which has nothing to do with me or how I perform as a seller.

I sell collectible toys & dolls and for the past year I've been selling only brand new factory sealed items that I get from directly from distributors which is why I'm upset to see my 2nd low DSR rating because the buyer didn't like a doll in a Disney Princess 10-PC Set which is the same identical set if he were to order it from Disney since I get all my Disney merchandise from Company D since I'm a cast member. So if that's how it is, I'm closing out my eBay account for good until they remove or adjust the way they evaluate their sellers.

I'm not the one who manufacturers or designs these things so why would I need to be responsible for that? On Amazon, the couple of times a buyer left a neutral for not liking a product, got removed right away because of their feedback policy not allowing reviews of a product so my Amazon account is always flawless. But after talking to 2 ebay reps, they said all I can do is report them which I did, but that doesn't change my rating and these buyers left me + feedback for the items so that's what I don't get with their DSR system.

Is that system mainly to be a Top Rated Seller? or can an account get suspended for that? If it's that easy to ruin a sellers reputation even though buyers give + feedback for that item & even if a seller maintains 100% 500+ feedback, can still get suspended because of the DSR Ratings which can be given by someone who had a bad day or from people who feel like being an @$$. If it's like that, then anyone can basically take out their competitors in a blink of an eye.

So is it really like that? or am I mis-understanding what the reps said?

Either way, I don't agree with the rating system so as I was googling on how to close out my account, & found a thread on here saying that it would be a stupid thing to do that so before I close out the account, just wondering why wouldn't it be okay to close out the account?

btw, fee's are always paid, no restrictions, no limitations, so the account is all good and everything, it's just that I'm not down to sell my comic con exclusives & other items on a site where competitors can take you out that easily. & Wouldn't it just be easier to close out the account before there's any damage or risk of a suspension to the account? If my account gets 2 more low DSR ratings, then it would get suspended from what I understand.

Aside from that account, I have an additional 10 eBay accounts in perfect standing, 5 that are top rated sellers so I have back up. I just don't want any of my accounts to be at risk of a suspension so rather cut a finger to save the hand.

So I'll wait until I read what the veterans and experienced sellers advice on this matter before closing out the account to make sure I don't do something I'll regret later.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2013

Longevity: 66%

Low DSRs will knock your TRS status out quick. Then you will have the issue of being at below standard rating and get your selling limits cut. It will eventually lead to suspension if the DSRs do not go back up. I wouldnt close the account because youll lose sll of your hard work.. .if you really dont care about the account then go for it.
Old 02-17-2013

Longevity: 65%

OP you are correct, buyer can give you low DSR just for kicks. Technically these are anonymous ratings so you are violating eb policy by even acknowledging they are from a particular buyer. So in effect you are violating policy by questioning the policy. Yes, this is the warped, Patrick McGouhan Prisoner-like world of ebay we live in. But watcha-gonna-do?

Last edited by zoneout; 02-17-2013 at 04:27 AM.