Ebay Issues with new sellers' account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-16-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Exclamation Ebay Issues with new sellers' account

This is unbelievable!

So I decided to sell on eBay. I had 10 items or 1000$ , whichever comes first. So I thought to myself before I sell anything let me call ebay and see if they can increase my limit. So the agent told me okay well you will have to send documents if you want us to increase your limit. I said that's fine I can do that. Oh and by the way the agent said I will temporary limit your account for now until you provide all the documents. I was like WTF but said nothing.

I sent documents to eBay and next day I am getting an email "Based on the information that you have provided us we are not comfortable allowing you to continue to sell the same items you were previously on the site ..." I was fuming with anger so I called the next day and asked them how can you deny my appeal to increase limits if I have yet sold one single item.

The rep was puzzled, confused and didn't know what was it all about. So he told me he left a note and will send all of my documents to the vetting department again. Then next day I get an email FR91000 to contact them by phone. Well I called right now and the rep is telling me that eBay did not like my supplier info. I was what is going on. What are you telling me/ That I can't even sell a house hold item now? I am a new seller trying to sell on eBay.

He ignored what i said and told me he is transferring me to the department that denied my appeal. What appeal? I haven't sold anything yet and now not only that I can't increase my limit but my account is suspended from selling.

Old 02-16-2013
Banned

Longevity: 66%

LOL READ This link and read post #11

I was just joking about this last night with Zoneout!!!!

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-accounts.html

Next time don't call you should learn that! Asking to raise the limit without selling anything? Come on man!

Dude you start off small, build up feedback, wait the 90 days to earn their trust and wake up to a higher limit! WTF were you thinking man? How long you been on this site for? OMG!

WOW!

"hi ebay I didn't sell nothing yet but I want higher limits!" you put your self on the radar man!!!! COME ON!

I had called up ebay after 3 months! I had sold over $2.5k had 100 feedback+ positive! Asking about the limit cause I had a message on ebay. So I called up, then they raised it cause I had everything verified already on paypal! And they asked me about my supplier if I got enough and I told them simple, my friend ships from USA so customer get their products FASTER and I am in EU!

Limited account went from limited to UNLIMITED!

Stan I don't want to hear it man!

Do you just wake up and say "How can I provoke ebay today?" "How can I make things worse?"

It's like posting high risk items and calling up ebay "hey guys what you think of my auctions eh? You'll never catch me!"

Last edited by GhostWhoWalks; 02-16-2013 at 03:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
stanislav (02-16-2013), vxmotorsport (02-17-2013)
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Hahahah I love you GhostWhoWalks! You are so funny and positive and very helpful to everyone here! Glad we have you here
Old 02-16-2013
Banned

Stop flipping me off

Go to my $1 store thread!!!! In everything! Go READ EVERYTHING!!!!!

Build feedback! After 3 months, and selling stuff! Watch it go over! Call up ebay, act like an idiot with an IQ of 85 or less! And you should fly with flying colors man!

You been on here for ever man.

I just can't wait to see what the others will write! Why would you even call them up and try to do that with a newer account? What makes you so special in their eyes?

You have to work your way up the ladder! You sell a few things, wait a week or 2, sell some more, (do this with 10 accounts) rotate them, these 2 accounts this week, next week these 3, the week after the last 5, 3rd week those 1st 2 again. I mean come on dude. Common sense!

If someone else is selling the same items as you on ebay they don't care cause that guy/person has feedback build and no bs complains etc.

Please man, try again! Why would you post this here? You know you messed up!

Most people get their limits raised after months, earning ebay trust, selling items, tracking numbers being uploaded, feedback being left. No complaints, good standing account!

Aspkin if you are reading this make a baseball bat in the smilies to beat sense into other members!

Oh hey Stan you still reading? lol
-----------------------
UPDATE

Can you see where you messed up Stan??? Can you learn from this mistake??? Am I going to have to see this again?

*breathing technique is not working any more*
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Never underestimate me After days of the runaround given to me by Ebay's customer service imbeciles I was finally able to reinstate my account today LOL! The more I call eBay the more I understand how eBay's Trust and Safety operate. I love taking risks but I get real upset when things don't go my way.
Old 02-16-2013
Banned

Dude I just updated that last post.

Stan if you got one warning on the account, guess what? It stays on there!!!! You get one more bs as a new account bam I think you just might be toasted!
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's like posting high risk items and calling up ebay "hey guys what you think of my auctions eh? You'll never catch me!
Actually that is precisely what I sell. I had a brand new account with 30 items limit. I listed all of them the same day I created my eBay seller account. Then waited until I got more than 10 feedbacks and then called eBay and they raised my limit. Rep told me my account passed with flying colors LOL!
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Go to my $1 store thread!!!! In everything! Go READ EVERYTHING!!!!!
LOL! I've read your thread about 2 days ago. I have even gave your thread 5 stars. Dollarama store is located literally 700 meters away from my house!
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Build feedback! After 3 months, and selling stuff! Watch it go over! Call up ebay, act like an idiot with an IQ of 85 or less! And you should fly with flying colors man!
I always act like an idiot when I talk to eBay reps the first time. It's so difficult to pretend though. They always ask me if I know how selling limit works. I usually respond by saying that yes I have read everything about selling limit on eBay's help page. But you don't have to wait 3 month in order to pass with flying colors. Anyways I think I am already divulging too much information here.
Old 02-16-2013
Banned

Thanks man! 5 stars! I was wondering who that was!!!!

Anyways Stan this is confusing, this account you are talking about, that got kicked. Did you post 30 items first on the first day? I mean I've posted the first day also but not high risk, and you did 30 items or 10. Or did you not post anything before calling? 10 feedback and a short few weeks is too early. Still.

@ "it's so difficult to pretend though"
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I just can't wait to see what the others will write! Why would you even call them up and try to do that with a newer account? What makes you so special in their eyes?
I think everyone has their own strategy in the way they operate their Stealth accounts. What applies to you may not necessary apply to me. If you have to wait 3 month until you have had enough feedbacks doesn't mean that I have to the same in order to get the similar results.
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
Thanks man! 5 stars! I was wondering who that was!!!!

Anyways Stan this is confusing, this account you are talking about, that got kicked. Did you post 30 items first on the first day? I mean I've posted the first day also but not high risk, and you did 30 items or 10. Or did you not post anything before calling? 10 feedback and a short few weeks is too early. Still.

@ "it's so difficult to pretend though"
No, so far none of my relatively new accounts got booted. The account with 30 items is another account I was talking about but this account had 10 items. I didn't sell anything on it and just called right after I made it into a seller account to see if I could increase selling limits. But instead I got it limited and had to fight for days for them to reinstate it.
johnnyreed22 (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

In fact I have probably called at least 30 times to increase my selling limit but yes it is true if you sell branded items or high risk items and you ask for your account to be reviewed then you are playing with fire. I the more you deal with Trust and Safety the more you become good at understanding how they evaluation is working. What red flags they are looking for when they are evaluating your account.
Old 02-16-2013
Banned

True true ture for the 1st part. But why risk it you know?
---------------------
So you got it back bravo!
-----------
They are not looking for red flags but IF something happens again they'll probably be like "okay first time this, now that" they could not saying they will.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
stanislav (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Actually no. I know exactly why they did not want to reinstate my account at first. Something was wrong with my supplier information but I got it sort it out.

So I know exactly what I am allowed to list and what's not. Anyways I am just glad I wont eBay's ruthless way of dealing with their new sellers. I was furious because I have done nothing to circumvent their policies and what they were accusing me of was unfounded.

If I knew that it was my fault I wouldn't even bother calling them back but this time I've done nothing to deserve it.

I mean can you just imagine, you become a seller, you haven't sold any item, you call ebay and they suspend your ability to sell.

This is why I was fighting for my account because it was Absurd!
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

All I know is that eBay's first line of defense is their customer service.

Not to say that I haven't spoke with some kind and decent people but it's rare. I think Trust and Safety lady was fair though. At first she did try to come up with any excuse not to let me sell in their category but I had good arguments against her accusations.

It's difficult for me to blame them though. They don't want to lose their job either so they do what they are told.

It's is the higher up management who comes up with policies against innocent sellers like me that should be blamed Sure I understand eBay's side.

They are protecting themselves from future fraud but it's obviously not set up correctly.
Old 02-16-2013

Longevity: 67%

I talked with a PP rep one time and she told me she hated PP.

I said, "why are you working there," her reply, "I need the money."

When their own employees hate the joint then you know it is bad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
stanislav (02-16-2013), zoneout (02-17-2013)
Old 02-16-2013
Banned

Good job Stan.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostWhoWalks For This Useful Post:
stanislav (02-16-2013)
Old 02-16-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post

Excellent advice.

I alway's act like a moron on the phone, like I don't understand the basics, I even ask questions like "how do I change my category?" "what happens if I don't get any bids, do I still have to pay fees?" "how many pictures am I allowed to post?"

Bombard them with questions right off the bat.

Another technique I use: Act like you have bad cell reception. Every couple minutes say "what was that my phone cut out". Make them repeat themselves a few time. This is especially important for MC999 verifying phone calls. . .why you ask? Let me explain. . .it's a good tactic because if they hit you with a question that you need a second to think about, it allows you a delay. You can then tell them your phone is cutting out, it's hard for me to hear you. . .give you time to come up with the proper response. It won't look fishy because you've already asked them to repeat themselves a few times on very basic stuff. I will even go so far as to press my mute button in the middle of talking so that they ask me to repeat myself.

Do not make anything easy on them, but at the same time, never make it obvious that you are an expert stealth user.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (02-17-2013), GreenBean (02-16-2013), zoneout (02-17-2013)
Old 02-16-2013
Banned

Corleone! LOL At times I act smart like a person with a HIGH IQ and ask them a question I know they can't answer!

At times I go where you guys at? Oh India oh cool nice country (5th world country). They ask me where I am from I tell them. They must feel like crap after it! LOLLLLL Either you act like an idiot or put them down without them knowing it! And I feel so bad for them, you know they try hard and so on. Not their fault but ebay is trying to save money by getting people from 5th world countries who can't understand enlgish! Then you get that "Was Sahklasjfaoiwekl able to help you?" I don't want the guy to lose his job!

There are times I call off of skype, and I download stuff cause when you call from skype and talk to them it cuts out a lot and they ask me to repeat. So they don't want to be on the phone with me longer! lol
Old 02-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post
Excellent advice.

I alway's act like a moron on the phone, like I don't understand the basics, I even ask questions like "how do I change my category?" "what happens if I don't get any bids, do I still have to pay fees?" "how many pictures am I allowed to post?"

Bombard them with questions right off the bat.

Another technique I use: Act like you have bad cell reception. Every couple minutes say "what was that my phone cut out". Make them repeat themselves a few time. This is especially important for MC999 verifying phone calls. . .why you ask? Let me explain. . .it's a good tactic because if they hit you with a question that you need a second to think about, it allows you a delay. You can then tell them your phone is cutting out, it's hard for me to hear you. . .give you time to come up with the proper response. It won't look fishy because you've already asked them to repeat themselves a few times on very basic stuff. I will even go so far as to press my mute button in the middle of talking so that they ask me to repeat myself.

Do not make anything easy on them, but at the same time, never make it obvious that you are an expert stealth user.
Pointless and unnecessary. Do you actually think they care one way or another ? If they can verify all of the information they will reinstate you account regardless of how you act or how many questions you are going to ask them.
Old 02-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@stanislav

If it works for a stealther, then it is no more pointless than your efforts.

Bottom line is making stealth work for each seller.

We all do things differently.

That is why we manage to come up with work arounds.