Amazon restricts dvd's - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to adrianr03 Send a message via Yahoo to adrianr03 Send a message via Skype™ to adrianr03
Default Amazon restricts dvd's

hey all today all my amazon accounts received a e-mail saying that they have restricted many of the dvds. does any body know if this will just be in the short term as it coming up to xmas and they just want to protect their customers .

Customers trust that they can always buy with confidence when they make purchases on Amazon.co.uk. In order to preserve customer trust, we have implemented a policy affecting certain DVD titles that are considered to be at a high risk of being counterfeited.

Your listings are among those that are affected as a result of this policy. For your convenience, we have compiled a list of the titles/ASINs for which your listings have been removed:
Download Now

You will not be penalised for this removal, but we request that you refrain from attempting to re-list against these ASINs until further notice.

Please note that certain sellers may be permitted to continue to list against these ASINs. However, Seller Support will not be able to provide further information or to approve requests to relist.

As a reminder, the sale of counterfeit products, including any products that have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured, is strictly prohibited and may result in the cancellation of your listings and/or the suspension or removal of your selling privileges. Please ensure that you are sourcing and selling only authentic products. We recommend that you obtain information from your sources of inventory about where they purchased the product, and that you use additional caution and diligence if you are approached by any new sources of DVD inventory.

For more information on this topic, see our Anti-Counterfeiting Policy.

We appreciate your co-operation in this important matter.

Best regards,

Amazon Services Team

it also states that seller support wont be able to approve requests to relist. so even if you are selling the real item and not copys looks to me they wont approve no matter what to accounts that got this e-mail. i received this e-mail on several accounts how ever they are not very old
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Amazon restricts dvd's

Discussed topic with few ppl and felt that this was in prep for Christmas. Whether this stays on...only time will tell. Not much can be done now.
Old 10-01-2013

Longevity: 80%

100% holiday season thing. Will reopen it around january or so. They are restricting a lot of items/categories to protect buyers from "fraud" during the holiday season as we all know that major money will be making around that time.
Old 10-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If you look at the Amazon Seller Forums, this is nothing new. Amazon has been restricting certain DVD titles for a while now. Maybe they have ramped it up for the Christmas season, but I think they will continue this policy even after Christmas is over.

Some restricted titles become un-restricted after a period of time, such as new releases. Some titles that are heavily counterfeited remain restricted, probably indefinitely.

Given the number of people trying to sell counterfeits on Amazon, I'm surprised they still allow the marketplace sale of DVD's at all.
Old 10-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

This is their opening to reduce 'foo-foos'.

Our feeling is it will be ongoing for the future.

We shall see.

Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

It is NOT just DVD's, and it is NOT new, this has been going on for a While, and I have seen NO indications of this reversing, as a Matter of fact they seem to be restricting More and More items everyday
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
It is NOT just DVD's, and it is NOT new, this has been going on for a While, and I have seen NO indications of this reversing, as a Matter of fact they seem to be restricting More and More items everyday
Agreed.

This is like a cull.

Amazon is weeding out that which ( or whom) offends amazon.

Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Wait for the Toy category to have some holiday restrictions too...
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Smoking is bad for your health, rsot.

You talk bad talk
Old 10-02-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Are you saying that Amazon won't reverse their restriction on the DVDs for the OP?

OP, how many DVDs were you selling and what % of your inventory did that involve? I sell some DVDs but on a very low and slow scale.. haven't been hit with this trouble, but want to know if something triggers it.
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Are you saying that Amazon won't reverse their restriction on the DVDs for the OP?

slapped is making the observation that amazon is tightening their stance on what they are allowing to be sold on their platform. He expects no change of heart.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
n8zzz (10-03-2013), slapped (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

I absolutely do NOT see Amazon reversing this, only adding more and MORE items to their restricted list. As a matter of fact, I actually believe that this is how Amazon in the future will control the sale counterfeited items. Up until now they were trying to figure out who is selling counterfiets and suspending them, what it seems like they are starting to do is just the OPPOSITE, restrict the items, then look for sellers who are selling those restricted items that they believe are selling genuine items and allow those sellers to sell those items in the Amazon Marketplace,,,I say this based on the fact that I actually have Amazon accounts that are able to sell a particular item in the Amazon Marketplace, and others where the EXACT Same item is BLOCKED,,now there might be another explanatioin for this, but I do not see it,,

Last edited by slapped; 10-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I totally agree with Slapped on this one. One of the reasons Amazon has been so successful is that buyers TRUST Amazon. Once a buyer makes a purchase and finds out they received counterfeit goods, that trust is gone. Amazon does not want that. So, I also do not expect that to stop.
Old 10-03-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Slapped you are correct, I have one account 20k feedback and all is fine. Another account selling the same title with 2k feedback is restricted from selling that DVD. One advantage it creates less competition for the more established sellers and I suppose a more secure marketplace for amazon.