Need your OPINION on AMAZON EBAY situation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-14-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Question Need your OPINION on AMAZON EBAY situation

Hey Everyone!

Here's the situation, I've been on Am@zon for the past 2 years almost. I've maintained Featured Merchant for most of that 2 years time. Everything has been GREAT when featured merchant status is active and to be honest as a 1 man business it keeps my hands more than full. It's hard to keep up sometimes with Amazon alone and featured merchant status.

Here's the catch, when my ODR hits 0.90% or higher I lose the Featured Merchant status . This is just my experience on the numbers and isn't a concrete example for everybody. However when I'm not featured merchant until this ODR drops below roughly 0.85% my sales plummet so drastically that it's almost like being out of business, still far better than nothing but hard to cope with at times.

My question is to you all. If you were in my shoes would you add another eB@y stealth account or Am@zon stealth account to your arsenal to supplement the times of extremely low sales volume? And why?

I have a stealth account for both Am@zon and eb@y but they both have zero feedback and haven't sold anything although they are at least a year or so old. My time is very valuable so I would like to maximize efficiency. Where do you think I would be better off during this void of high sales volume? And why?

I really appreciate all your comments/suggestions/advice you can give!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Need your OPINION on AMAZON EBAY situation

Address the issue of ODRs

What makes you think you could cope with extra accounts

Go over the business plans first.

Repair where needed. Then expand

Old 10-14-2013
Threadstarter  

@greenie, let me ask you, has your short term ODR EVER been over 1.0% ?

When you are dealing with over 700 transactions in 2 months window there's a high probability there will be at least 7 irrational customers that jump the gun before you can apply customer service.

Like I said I maintain EXCELLENT ODR , featured merchant status, and all other metrics for the majority of my time on Am@zon so I know what I am doing. You cannot always control compulsive ignorant buyers that do not know what they are doing or how to use the website or are non responsive.

So do you only hold 1 account? And to clarify I'm not trying to 'expand' my business, I'm simply trying to maintain what I have without the drop off from irrational buyers. This is not a short term plan, this is something to add to my arsenal. My ODR will drop with time. Your responses are all very much appreciated.

Last edited by freedomrains; 10-14-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

700 transactions in 2 months...you have 2 choices...

Spread the risk over several accounts or lower the volume (+ spread the risk)
Old 10-14-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

My sales are similiar at least amount of items between Amazon and Ebay The last 3 months I have been doing around 900 items a month

And besides the hours on the computer some days 12 hours straight , followed by another 6 hours packaging

Now when ur doing volume u need to be accessible to your customers, to them u need to set it up where it seems to them that they are the only sale u do a month.

I try to answer every question resolve every situation instantly within 5 minutes of receiving an email it needs to be addressed.

It is stressful but u need all the right tools to be able to stay connected

I have 4 cell phones with 5 carriers one had 2 sims . So at all times I have 5 IP s ready to go to log in any account no matter where I am , with this business u need to be always working no matter where u are because either amazon or ebay give any lead way for error, it's almost not practical.

So when home I operate off of two PC s and do all main work , listing, withdraws and such on them and on their specific user account

I have every Amazon and Ebay email sent to my Iphone message inbox so now every account is consolidated into one , this makes it so much easier to deal with if not I couldn't do it because buyers expect u to be at ur computer 24/7 and often impatient

When I leave the house I have the 4 phones with me, pretty much they are with me at all times even when I sleep.

As soon as I receive an email I have 5 IPS ready to go at all times and always clear cookies on my phones browser after logging out so I'm ready to log back in and reset IP as soon as log out as well.

But that's the key I find is exceptional real tine customer service , by answering a question or sending a refund and resolving all issues within 5 minutes turns a negative into a positive 99.9% of the time.

It's exhausting but online is much more demanding than a brick and mortar because customers often over react because they can't go physically back to a shop and talk to a manager, and for new buyers the sense that they are being scammed is always in their mind.

So now there are so many devices to keep u in touch with ur buyers in real time , if u keep on top of emails instantly u will find your Amazon and Ebay accounts in great standing

Most buyers are not used to sending an email and having a resolution in minutes they are shocked and extremely pleased.

And also you should never have ur income dependent on one account you need many and enough that ur income Is consistent and growing even if accounts go down u need enough back ups to always move forward, one account works great but not long tern
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
freedomrains (10-14-2013), TonyAlmeida (10-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

DMshark25, Dude get a life, over the top. Going out with 5 phones, WOW, you must have big pockets...
Old 10-14-2013

Longevity: 70%

My advice is simple and I believe the best solution for you. Find an item you can sell that you make very little profit or just break even, something you can sell that is not likely to be defective or receive complaints.the item should be ranked in the top 100 of it's category. Also, you want to do FBA on these items, you will always be a features merchant with this item. The items aren't hard to find, look for small electronics , that's where I find these items, but I'm sure there are plenty in other areas . I have one account that has an ODR of .02 percent. I don't give into any of those idiot buyers on that account.

Of course the other option is to just convert all to FBA, problem solved and you will cut your labor hours dramatically

Last edited by Kelly441; 10-14-2013 at 09:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
freedomrains (10-14-2013), TonyAlmeida (10-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2013
Threadstarter  

Hi Kelly,
That is an extremely smart option, do you think 1 single item (cheap/break even) item will give a good buffer to pad the ODR % ?
How many of these transactions do you average roughly a day of these filler transactions?

Great info everybody! Anything more to add, please keep it coming this really helps battle the irrational buyers that burden and hurt honest hard working sellers.
Old 10-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
DMshark25, Dude get a life, over the top. Going out with 5 phones, WOW, you must have big pockets...
Whatever is needed to feel secure with business in DM's shoes, I would be tempted to do the same if it means peace of mind and $'s coming in...
Old 10-15-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Whatever is needed to feel secure with business in DM's shoes, I would be tempted to do the same if it means peace of mind and $'s coming in...
I have plenty of dollars on sales, amazon 100% health, and a life outside amazon. WE WORK TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO WORK!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Except your list of experiments would stop that ever happening LOL