Negative amazon balance liabilities - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-24-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Negative amazon balance liabilities

I have a negative balance on one of the Amazon accounts.i sold books on the account and so a large portion was also sold to university bookstores.towards the end of the season a few of those stores couldnt sell it and wanted to return it and also 1 shipment of bulk books got damaged by courier service during shipment which caused a refund.however by then they had already disbursement the balance so the A to Z resulted in negative balance
Total negative balance as of now is $5000
they tried charging the card but the bank didnt authorize,
-the card was for a normal bank credit card,though will expire in 6 days
-bank account where disbursement was made is also closed (was a us bank acc and address on it is my old one where ive already moved from)

Will they try recovering it in future or its done and Should just ignore their emails about the negative balance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2013
roberto

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Negative amazon balance liabilities

They will pass it on to debt collectors.

In my opinion you should pay it off. Because if you dont that just the same as stealing which is illegal.

i know this cause i spoke to them. if its low amount like <$5 i doubt they will do anything

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-24-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Roberto is correct, why should you have the $5k, unless they have deleted accounts in past and they owe you. If so deduct this amount and pay the balance. Was this a ghost account.
Old 10-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Something is not right in your story.

Are you try to run away from that 5K from Amazon or you are want to pay the balance that you own?

By the way you are asking, you want to run away from it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-24-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2013
Threadstarter  

its because bookstores are usually slow to deal with.so say i shipped them a bulk order of 20 books.and they want to return it ,it might happen 20 25 days after delivery .same for damaged book return.By then amazon had already disbursed the amount in the account
5k seems high but if its only a few percentage points in total sales its very much possible
Old 10-24-2013
Threadstarter  

My pointin this is do people here usually pay the negative balance or leave it.I have never dealt with one before which is why i am asking .if it has to be paid .plus is there an alternative method to paying them rather than the card

no its not to run away,it was a cross border bank account and was opened especially for the account and now theres no disbursement in the account and its been idle for 2 months with no other transactions

plus do they even charge the bank account for recovery or would they just use the card.If they use the bank account to make the charge then it makes sense putting balance in there after the card expires
Old 10-24-2013
roberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alim View Post
My pointin this is do people here usually pay the negative balance or leave it.I have never dealt with one before which is why i am asking .if it has to be paid .plus is there an alternative method to paying them rather than the card

no its not to run away,it was a cross border bank account and was opened especially for the account and now theres no disbursement in the account and its been idle for 2 months with no other transactions

plus do they even charge the bank account for recovery or would they just use the card.If they use the bank account to make the charge then it makes sense putting balance in there after the card expires
amazon and paypal do the same thing, they will pass it on to debt collectors. and the debt collectors will take from your house whatever they feel like.

you agreed to it in the terms and conditions..

i had negative balance once, so i call them askign what they would do if i dont pay it. they say they will pass it onto debt collectors.

they can get your address using bank via credit reference agency so long as you gave a legit name or address.

the worst they can do is report you to government for fraud. then you wont be able to open anymore bank accounts

Last edited by roberto; 10-24-2013 at 09:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
alim (10-24-2013)
Old 10-24-2013
Threadstarter  

yes its a legit name but the address is changed.I went to US to make it so they didnt need my tax details for the account but have my name and old address which was rental and which I moved from.
To be precise its $4700 i owe.
Old 10-24-2013
roberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by alim View Post
yes its a legit name but the address is changed.I went to US to make it so they didnt need my tax details for the account but have my name and old address which was rental and which I moved from.
To be precise its $4700 i owe.
If you used legit name, then they can use that name to get your address from credit reference agency.

Those debt collectors wotn have trouble finding you even if address was rented.

Credit reference agencies know how many bank CURRENT accounts you have (but not savings), which names you used and which addresses you used !

All that data is available to them.

Its not worth it, if they find out you have been using someone elses address you will be in even more crap. The person whose house you rented iwll get threatening letters to start off with (paypal/ebay tactic as well as amazon) then that person will just forward all your info to amazon if they know it (thats if you told them, otherwise they will probably just call cops because you used their address to get them in trouble, i know i would).

I once owed ebay £12 final value fees and they sent a threatening letter about 60-100 days later (dont remember exactly how long) which said they will send debt collectors if i dont pay it.

I SH*T you not, ask anybody else, for just £12 they will still go after you !

I think legally they have to wait a certain time (i think its 60 days in uk) before they can go after you.

Last edited by roberto; 10-24-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2013
roberto

Heres what will happen:

1) Amazon will notify credit reference agency that you owe them a debt, this will murder your credit rating. You wont be able to get any loans or hardly be able to open bank accounts (unless savings)

2) You can contact the credit reference agencies and deny the debt, it is your right. But amazon can also fight back to.

3) Some stupid debt collection company will be scouring around peoples credit files to see if anyone owes debt (cause thats what they do). This could also be debt collectors in canada as your a canadian citizen.

4) the debt collector will contact amazon and tell them "we will get your debt for you if give us like 20% of what he owes and will do the rest for you"

5) amazon will say ok, then day after day you will be harassed.

Even if you moved countries you debt stays with you and can be seen by debt collectors.

Someone owing £12 debt is NOT appealing to debt collectors but i bet $5000 would be !

to conclude: the higher the value the less likely you can get away

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-24-2013 at 11:47 PM.