Amazon Suspended, but no notification? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Amazon Suspended, but no notification?

It's been a while since I've been on this forum. I'm back because of a few hiccups this month in my stealth operations :( But this forum is always immensely helpful in putting my mind at ease.

Anyway, I have a stealth Amazon account that's nearly 3 years old, rarely more than 3K a month, Tax ID verified, passed all the review BS (twice), 100% positive feedback, customer metrics all good, etc etc.

Yesterday morning, I listed an brand new iPhone 5S, sealed in the original box. I didn't think it'd be a big deal since I have a long established selling history and no negative feedback.

I logged in this morning to find an alert that says "you account has been suspended, refer to the email from Amazon for details"

Except there's no email. No notification. I've had no communication from Amazon at all regarding this. And under my "inactive" inventory, I see my iPhone listing as "blocked", but my other "active" listings are all still there (but not searchable on the site).

I'm not exactly sure what happened here. I've never had an account suspended with no message accompanying it. I had no idea it was suspended until I logged in. Has anyone dealt with anything like this? I sent a message to Amazon Seller Support, and am awaiting a reply.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: Amazon Suspended, but no notification?

Weird, usually Az sends emails, well at least generic ones. Let see what seller support has to say. Sounds like a glitch in the system.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Just email seller support and explain that you didn't received any email from them and there is no notification in your seller account regarding this suspension. Provide them with your good history/feedback etc.....

75% that you can get your account back but don't list that iphone 5 again
Old 11-08-2013
roberto

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Just email seller support and explain that you didn't received any email from them and there is no notification in your seller account regarding this suspension. Provide them with your good history/feedback etc.....

75% that you can get your account back but don't list that iphone 5 again
i doubt it, once account suspend 1% chance to get account back i would say.

Appeals never work in my opinion, but there is small chance of it working if you were suspended for defect rate >1%

Last edited by roberto; 11-08-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
i doubt it, once account suspend 1% chance to get account back i would say.

Appeals never work in my opinion, there is small chance of it working if you were suspended for defect rate >1%
I have couple accounts with this happen and all of them was reinstated. So for me, with suspended and no email, I got all my account back
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I have been able to get accounts reinstated also. So, I have to disagree with the post above about there being less than a 1% chance.

It all depends on WHY the account was suspended. If the violation is minor, or if there is a problem with your "Order Defect Rate" then you CAN get the account back, it is just a matter of writing up a plan to assure Amazon the same things that triggered the suspension - for example, slow shipping - won't happen again.

On the other hand, Amazon also has what they consider to be SEVERE violations. Then it will be much more difficult to reinstate the account. Severe violations include selling counterfeits, being rude to Amazon's customers or employees, ANY type of foul language, etc.

Since you have nothing to lose by TRYING to get the account back, it makes no sense to simply abandon the account.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-09-2013)
Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 69%

Agree with the others. A nice professional email to Amazon and ill bet 100$ you get your account back no problem.
Old 11-08-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Yes, I have also got accounts back, professional business like email, asking reasons for suspension and that you will look at your selling techniques once you receive the response. Also mention you think the reason is the i-phone for your suspension and explain this is a genuine product and can supply the necessary paperwork to show this. Good luck and let us know.
Old 11-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Amazon reinstated the account. Apparently only licensed Apple sellers can sell "new" condition iPhones. It was some kind of automated suspension.

Bullet dodged. Thanks again.
Old 11-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Congratz JakeGill - good you got the second chance, dont retry as you have stated
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 70%

For me it meant that it was an automated suspension. Call Amazon and ask why. Mine was suspended because of words I used in a listing. I called Amazon and they said not to use those words and my account was un-suspended.
Old 11-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeGill View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Amazon reinstated the account. Apparently only licensed Apple sellers can sell "new" condition iPhones. It was some kind of automated suspension.

Bullet dodged. Thanks again.
Glad to hear that OP.

Maybe Roberto didn't know the different between the suspension with no email and the real one.
Old 11-10-2013
roberto

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Glad to hear that OP.

Maybe Roberto didn't know the different between the suspension with no email and the real one.
i didnt, its actually first time i heard of this kind of suspension without notification.

all my suspended accounts were never reinstated even when i appealed