Use Dongle From Previously Suspended Acct ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Question Use Dongle From Previously Suspended Acct ?

I want to create a new acct and use the same dongle I used on a previously suspended acct. I didnt log IP's in the past so a previously used IP may come up at some point.

Are IP's allocated regionally or nationally?

If they are shared nationally, then as far as I can see it shouldnt be a problem as the location of IP's will vary by hundreds of miles and they cant suspend everyone who ends up with a previously burned IP. This should also be good for operating stealth in a different city.

Thoughts ?

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Use Dongle From Previously Suspended Acct ?

Why take the risk, just throw it away and get a new one on a different network. Costs on £14.99
Old 11-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I already have dongles on all other available networks, each allocated to it's own account so I don't have to check or worry about crossed IP's.

My account was canned 10 months ago and having the ability to use the same dongle on a new account means an extra account for me.

I was going to use multiple VPS's for remote access and ease of use but it appears that this can also be acheived using multiple dongles, plus they are somewhat less risky than using VPS's.

So in order to understand the risks, Can anyone shed any light on how dongle IP allocation works ? Is it regional or National ?

If I used my dongle in Brighton, Would I get a different IP range than if I was in Wales or Newcastle ?

Howay Man !

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 11-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

The whole point of a Dongle is to be able to run MULTIPLE accounts on 1 device! If you could of been bothered to take 20 seconds to log the IP addresses you could keep running on the same dongle.
Old 11-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Actually Metatrade raises a good point!

I mean if I'm on one mobile network using a mifi and a ip address that was allocated to me on say Tuesday in July last year suddenly it is reallocated to another user this month (18 months on) who are using a same or similar mifi on the same network and logged onto their ebay account. Wouldn't this be a link? Surely not?

If the account/pc is totally cleaned up and making sure no other infos could be linked i.e clean photos/new photos new everything else as per a proper stealth technique, technically as long as the old account it never logged into or used again, he should be able to use the existing dongle on the new account.

MM78 is right that with multiple accounts on one dongle, one has to record the ips regularly each time as multiple accounts are being used in succession but if only one account was being logged into then the transition from the old burned account to the new one should be a minimal link?

Its worth a try if you can afford to metatrade, it would shine some more light into possible linking practices at ebay. If the account does go down then at least its a little more insight into dongle networks here in the UK
Old 11-12-2013

Longevity: 67%

You need more then just ip to ban you. Banned ip address alone will not ban you or link you on ebay.

Last edited by Dunersdunes; 11-12-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@metatrade, I would still use the dongle personally but if you are concerned, swtich networks and get new dongle for business - best to be clean.

@Dunersdunes, while the likelihood is true of just IP linkage ALONE being a reason for ban, best to be safe than sorry
Old 11-12-2013

I agree rsot but that one ip alone just lets them look for similar products pics etc. Banned ip only works if u was selling dvd now ur selling audi car engines. Lol. Where u changed niche completely where ebay would say yeah this guy is noway associated with this othet guy who used this ip. Lol
Old 11-12-2013

Also tmobile prepaid as of 2 days ago now gives you free 2.5gb of hotspot on ur phone at 4g lte speeds for 60 a month usd. Good deal real good. Dont need to use real name either signing up since its prepaid and lots of ip addresses as well just trying to help since tmobile just started this
The Following User Says Thank You to Dunersdunes For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes I could create multiple acc's with a single dongle but for me the benefits are:

Ease of use - No recording IP's.
Eliminating the possibility of accidentally crossing IP's and losing accounts.
Less liklihood of linking - different network providers and IP range.
No need to rely on a staff member to log into the server and cross check IP's before logging in.

It's Amz I was talking about and not Ebuy, but I guess it's pretty much the same thing.

I think different rules apply with the AMz bots when connection is via a dongle. It appears that the IP's are recycled much more frequently with a dongle and the location of IP's also varies by hundreds of miles. I would imagine much more leeway is given to geolocation tracking - So accounts in different cities shouldn't be a issue.

It could be useful to run a program that displays the IP in the taskbar and also run a keylogger type program that takes snapshots every few minutes. I would be able to track back at a later date and make a list of used IP's and previous activity.

So back to the question - Does anyone have a better understanding of how IP allocation works with broadband dongles ?

Old 11-14-2013

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
The whole point of a Dongle is to be able to run MULTIPLE accounts on 1 device! If you could of been bothered to take 20 seconds to log the IP addresses you could keep running on the same dongle.
Um Yeah!

I would think logging IP's is essential to stealth accounts. I log my IP no matter where I am, hotel Starbucks etc....