Buyer asking me to lower the price - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-13-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Buyer asking me to lower the price

Hello all,

A buyer send me an email and asked me if I could lower the price with 15 Euros +/- 16% off original price. I offered a 5 Euros discount, but he send me another question and said that he would take the product immediately if I lowered it with 15 Euros.

There are only 2 people who offer the product, me and another guy. My original price was already 5-6 Euros lower than the other one, so if I lower it with 15 Euros, it will be 20-21 Euros lower.

I don't know what to do. I feel bad if I say no because he kinda insists, and I am also afraid that Amazon will limit my account if I don't do him the favor, maybe it is Amazon employee testing me :(.

What would you do in this situation? The Amazon feels are already a bit steep (20% I believe + I have to add money for shipping the product).

Please I need advice asap, I want to give him his reply within 24 hours, sorry if I sound demanding, don't know what Amazon's policy is when it comes to buyers asking discount.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2013

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Buyer asking me to lower the price

AZ will not do anything to you for not agreeing to the customers request.

Experience says that this customer will be a headache from start to finish for you.

Just tell them that your listing is at it's best possible price and cannot discount it any more.

When you bend over for people like this, they have a habit of negative feedback, AZ guarantees, complaints, and returns with you paying to ship the item back; only to discover the returned item is no longer sellable.
Old 11-13-2013

Longevity: 60%

My personal opinion...

Don't get garage sale bullied. If you were selling an item on Craigslist then I would expect this kind of question from a potential buyer. However you are selling your product on Amazon, a website that takes a commission from all sales and you have already set your lowest price for the product. Don't give in to his demands, you will only set yourself up for more trouble down the road from this buyer. Be firm and let him know that you've already set the price as low as you can go and if he's not interested in the product at the price being offered then someone else will be later.

I agree with Phd, if you give in then he will not only pay you less money but will probably want to return it later damaged/used in which you would not be able to resell.
Old 11-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Ok, so he can not send the conversation in which I refuse to lower the price (more than I've already done), and Amazon won't suspend me because of turning down a customer's request? I don't want to get into trouble, it's going well for a few weeks now
Old 11-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

With this kind of question/customer just make no answer need and forget it. Or else you will get trouble with this buyer
Old 11-14-2013

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

If you want a quick sale, go for it. Otherwise, you mean you and another seller are the only ones selling it? Is it worth keeping this instock over a few bucks? Consider that also.

Disagree with all others saying this buyer will be a problem. I typically get wheel and deal customers who want more then one, or if an item is used. Depending on where the moon is, is if I offer a discount. Never had a problem with those types of buyers. I'll lose 10$, but I just sold two items.

You do not have to agree to a discount if you choose not too.
Old 11-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post

Please I need advice asap, I want to give him his reply within 24 hours, sorry if I sound demanding, don't know what Amazon's policy is when it comes to buyers asking discount.
A discount on top of a discount...what is this...online haggling? Forget this buyer - you will have others.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Dude, just ignore the guy. The buyer seems an asshole. Just think what amazon would do in the same situation. Amazon is not e bay
Old 11-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

I agree that you shouldn't discount the product any further but reply to the guy and be firm but polite and professional.

Just say I'm sorry but the price indicated is our best price we can offer all of our customers and cannot be lowered any further.

Regards
xxx

If he replies asking further for discount etc, just reply using the exact same wording, they eventually stop.