How can I delete my card from Google Checkout? Buyer's remorse @ the price of $1,000! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 11-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default How can I delete my card from Google Checkout? Buyer's remorse @ the price of $1,000!

Hi all-

In short, I left ebay for Bonanza and started using Google Checkout. I have never used GC before. Anyway, I sold 10 bottles of a popular cosmetic item @ $99.00 a piece...the order totaled nearly $1,000! I was very diligent in the way I handled it and the lady received it safely.

About two days later she basically says "Oh, I found these for a lot less somewhere else, so I am gonna go ahead and send back 8 of the bottles to you and you can just refund me for those". Yeah, seriously...it's on her time..

Anyway, that wasn't about to fly, but I told her to hold on while I see if that's a possibility because I have a no refunds/returns policy and if, by chance, I allow it, there is always a 20% restocking fee. ANOTHER day passed and now she emails me saying that she used the item and it's not "the same" and is "⊗⊗⊗⊗"...what a "HUGE" surprise....I had had enough at that point and said to just send it back. I didn't want her pulling a chargeback AND for me to be at loss for my inventory. It was clear that she regretted her $1,000 purchase...really irritating because I waited a while before I started using the profits from that sale.

Anyway..I credit her back $800 and she is acting as shady as ever...I feel like a charge back is coming on and I simply cannot afford that. I am broke as it is...buyers are scamming me left and right and I have finally decided not to sell online WHATSOEVER. I have done away with Paypal, ebay, and now I want to do away with Google Checkout. I'm not blaming GC, but I just can't deal with the online stress...people are disgusting nowadays..it's pathetic.

Anyway..I deleted my credit card..but I'm pretty sure GC is linked to my bank account..is there ANNNNNNYYY possible way to "unlink" this? How do I just completely do away with this? I just KNOW this lady is trying to think up something and I feel so vulnerable and unprotected. I have read horror stories of sellers losing thousands to GC.

Any advice? Please help! I want to do something ASAP and leave ALL of this online selling in the dust. I don't ever intend on doing business online again...just way too stressful.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebee View Post
people are disgusting nowadays..it's pathetic
It seems more and more are learning the "freedom" that online shopping provides, for sure

I'm fighting with over $1600 worth of "free shoppers" right now. Gets frustrating at times to be certain

What I would do for your piece of mind: Call your bank and tell them you think you compromised your bank account number and CC online. Ask them to change the account numbers and get you a new card

Then nobody can touch them anymore
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
deebee (11-12-2010), jeffweico (11-11-2010), MadSam (11-12-2010)
Old 11-12-2010

Longevity: 89%

100% What I do every time I lose an account or something - report the card and any associated bank accounts stolen.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadSam For This Useful Post:
deebee (11-12-2010)
Old 11-12-2010
Threadstarter  

Ok you guys. I think I am going to do that..but how many times can you do that without your bank getting suspicious you know?
Old 11-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

That's a suspicious questions as it is deebee - don't try to play the bank for fools - if they catch on to antics, you will get the boot. Banks are notorious for blocking suspicious people. Do it once or twice but don't look at this 'policy' as being a standard saviour.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
pod (11-12-2010)
Old 11-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebee View Post
Ok you guys. I think I am going to do that..but how many times can you do that without your bank getting suspicious you know?
I wouldn't say it was stolen. I would say you left your purse somewhere. Like maybe a restaurant, or better yet, the food court at the mall.

It happens.
Old 11-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That's a suspicious questions as it is deebee - don't try to play the bank for fools - if they catch on to antics, you will get the boot. Banks are notorious for blocking suspicious people. Do it once or twice but don't look at this 'policy' as being a standard saviour.
I'm asking because someone said that EVERY time they have this issue, they always just call their bank up. I don't do that...this is my first time considering it.