Ebay removed one of my listings? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-18-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Amazon removed one of my listings?

Hey guys, need some advice about whether I should contact Amazon:

I recently had a listing removed and got this message:

We have removed this listing and you may no longer list it on Amazon.com:
We took this action because we have received customer complaints about this listing. Our policies state that all items offered for sale on Amazon.com must be authentic. Any item that has been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured is prohibited. For more information on this policy, search on "Prohibited Content" in seller Help.

Thing is, I have sold over 100 units of this product and have had 20 Positive reviews of it. They are authentic, but I sell at a lower price and make only 10% margins. My seller rating is 100, and I have not had a SINGLE return request nor A-Z Claim. NONE of my customers ever contacted me about any issues AT ALL, WHATSOEVER. I am totally confused?????

Should I contact Amazon to discuss this? Or bad idea?

Thanks in advance all fellow "stealthers"!

Last edited by tintin; 11-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Ebay removed one of my listings?

Are there other sellers selling this item actively right now?
Old 11-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
Hey guys, need some advice about whether I should contact Amazon:

I recently had a listing removed and got this message:

We have removed this listing and you may no longer list it on Amazon.com:
We took this action because we have received customer complaints about this listing. Our policies state that all items offered for sale on Amazon.com must be authentic. Any item that has been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured is prohibited. For more information on this policy, search on "Prohibited Content" in seller Help.

Thing is, I have sold over 100 units of this product and have had 20 Positive reviews of it. They are authentic, but I sell at a lower price and make only 10% margins. My seller rating is 100, and I have not had a SINGLE return request nor A-Z Claim. NONE of my customers ever contacted me about any issues AT ALL, WHATSOEVER. I am totally confused?????

Should I contact Amazon to discuss this? Or bad idea?

Thanks in advance all fellow "stealthers"!
Is there an appeal button in your account? If yes, just do it but you need to explain in detail and professional manner. Nothing to lose if the account already suspended.

Also, Please edit your thread title. It said eBay instead of Amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013
Threadstarter  

No, there are no sellers that I see selling that particular item at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Are there other sellers selling this item actively right now?
Old 11-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Edited, sorry for the typo.

I don't see any appeal buttons. My account is still running and my other listings are still active - in fact, sold other items today.

So, what should I do? From what I learned here, better to shut-up than risk calling Amazon, Paypal or Ebay :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
Is there an appeal button in your account? If yes, just do it but you need to explain in detail and professional manner. Nothing to lose if the account already suspended.

Also, Please edit your thread title. It said eBay instead of Amazon
Old 11-18-2013

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%

His account wasnt suspended, they just dont want him selling this item.

Could be someone, something, contacted Amazon and said the item was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or your not an authorized dealer.

It does seem like your past history has had a role in keeping your account alive. Props to Amazon for not just deleting your account.

If you can provide your docs saying the item is legit, then I would email Amazon with the info and build a case.
The Following User Says Thank You to user3657 For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013
Threadstarter  

I see. So I am lucky as Amazon usually suspends accounts for items that they deem risky?

I do have receipts so I could send them, but they are in my real name while my Amazon is stealth.....

Which I think means I can do nothing :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
His account wasnt suspended, they just dont want him selling this item.

Could be someone, something, contacted Amazon and said the item was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or your not an authorized dealer.

It does seem like your past history has had a role in keeping your account alive. Props to Amazon for not just deleting your account.

If you can provide your docs saying the item is legit, then I would email Amazon with the info and build a case.
Old 11-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I see. So I am lucky as Amazon usually suspends accounts for items that they deem risky?

I do have receipts so I could send them, but they are in my real name while my Amazon is stealth.....

Which I think means I can do nothing :(
Given this information, I would recommend AGAINST contacting Amazon about it.

One way I think you may be able to sell these on a different stealth account would be to have the distributor you are purchasing the item from write the receipts in a business name. If Amazon shuts down your listing again, you could appeal since the receipts would show the business name as opposed to the banned name.

HOWEVER: You must be 100% sure the items are authentic if you want to do this. NO distributor is going to admit their items are counterfeits, they will all swear up and down their items are the real deal, so their word means little.

If this is a POPULAR item, I would question why there are no other sellers. It MAY BE that the brand owner does not want their items sold on Amazon or eBay REGARDLESS of their authenticity. Amazon is not likely to fight them if this is the case. So, they send you the generic letter about non-authentic items being prohibited rather than explaining the true situation. I am not saying this is definitely what is happening, only that it COULD be the reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013

Longevity: 80%

What could have happened is a stealth company employee purchased something from you..

ive had ppl from microsoft buy from be before, apple, and nintendo. weird thing is they use the company main address to chip the items to...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013
Threadstarter  

How would one prove they are authentic. I mean, I have sold over 100 units and gotten 20 + reviews for them. Not one single return or defect and no A-Z claims at all.

100% of all my orders shipped on time, seller rating (100), all messages resonded to in under 3 hours!! I bend over backwards for these buyers.

Perhaps this is why I am still active and NOT suspended lol.

C'est la vie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Given this information, I would recommend AGAINST contacting Amazon about it.

One way I think you may be able to sell these on a different stealth account would be to have the distributor you are purchasing the item from write the receipts in a business name. If Amazon shuts down your listing again, you could appeal since the receipts would show the business name as opposed to the banned name.

HOWEVER: You must be 100% sure the items are authentic if you want to do this. NO distributor is going to admit their items are counterfeits, they will all swear up and down their items are the real deal, so their word means little.

If this is a POPULAR item, I would question why there are no other sellers. It MAY BE that the brand owner does not want their items sold on Amazon or eBay REGARDLESS of their authenticity. Amazon is not likely to fight them if this is the case. So, they send you the generic letter about non-authentic items being prohibited rather than explaining the true situation. I am not saying this is definitely what is happening, only that it COULD be the reason.
Old 11-18-2013

Longevity: 70%

I know from experience with this type of warning you will be suspended in 4-6 weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-18-2013
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

If your account is not suspended then I would also advise against contacting them. If they removed your listing then a closer look could lead to an account deletion if they don't like what they see.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013

Longevity: 80%

my opinion defers from these guy, i think you should contact seller performance and see if you can get some information especially if this is your main selling item. If you don't you will probably get suspended later on anyways but at least by contacting then you are trying to see what the problem is as you have no customer returns according to your statement and 100% rating with superb metrics for this particular item.

If they were going to suspend you they would have so the warning is an indication of something is wrong and someone complained.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. I am going to let my next disbursement go through before deciding whether or not to contact them. Maybe I will act dumb to see what is going on lol. But I have that gut wrenching feeling that my accounts days are numbered.........
Old 11-19-2013

Longevity: 77%

There is some bad advice here. I always contact seller performance and it has never negatively affected me. I don't understand peoples thinking on this. It looks better to amazon if you are actively trying to resolve issues rather than ignoring them.

This case sounds like a competitor has complained about the product. Is it a generic item that has been branded by the competitor? If the manufacturer complains then that is normally treated more seriously and you get an instant ban. In cases where it is someone's word against yours they usually block you from the listing and you get a warning as in this case

I have had plenty of these warnings and the accounts are still fine although getting 3 on the same account is normally the kiss of death. Find out what the problem is from amazon as sometimes it is as simple as a glitch. When you find out what is wrong you can correct it.

Last edited by barrycruan; 11-19-2013 at 03:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
There is some bad advice here. I always contact seller performance and it has never negatively affected me. I don't understand peoples thinking on this. It looks better to amazon if you are actively trying to resolve issues rather than ignoring them.

This case sounds like a competitor has complained about the product. Is it a generic item that has been branded by the competitor? If the manufacturer complains then that is normally treated more seriously and you get an instant ban. In cases where it is someone's word against yours they usually block you from the listing and you get a warning as in this case

I have had plenty of these warnings and the accounts are still fine although getting 3 on the same account is normally the kiss of death. Find out what the problem is from amazon as sometimes it is as simple as a glitch. When you find out what is wrong you can correct it.
Exactly. Treat this as a business.
Either you know if this is a 'proper' item and is listed correctly, or you know that it isn't.
Maybe AZ's way of checking to see if item is authentic. If you act to reinstate, the item is probably good, just be ready to prove it.
If you don't act, AZ may watch your listings more closely, and if the word "ph&ke" shows up in feedback, they may come after you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phd For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. I am going to let my next disbursement go through before deciding whether or not to contact them. Maybe I will act dumb to see what is going on lol. But I have that gut wrenching feeling that my accounts days are numbered.........
Knowing Amazon, I would be on that feeling - let the account cool for now - sell other things
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

To follow up on my previous post...

Calling Amazon is FINE. What COULD hurt you is giving them the receipts with your name on them. First, since you have been banned under that name previously, the chances of this killing your account is pretty good. It could also affect your ability to sell this item on any new stealth accounts since you are the only person selling this item. It might be different if you were one of 50 sellers.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
tintin (11-19-2013)
Old 11-19-2013
Threadstarter  

I am just gonna sit tight and wait for my next disbursement to pass through. Then I will act dumb and at least ask whats up. Regarding my receipts, I will be able to get new ones from my supplier with my "STEALTH" name. Will keep all posted. Thanks again guyz/gals!!