eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   VMWARE question. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/68762-vmware-question.html)

Brainbuster 01-17-2014 07:12 PM

Re: VMWARE question.

I don't understand how Tony is able to get ipburger to see IP "A" in his VM, and IP "B" from his host user account.

I just powered up my VM, and ipburger tells me the same IP address both within the VM and without the VM. They match.

TonyAlmeida 01-17-2014 10:25 PM

At one time I tested.

I have 4 VMware running at the same time. I got 4 different IP address from the 4 VMware and another one from the Host.

When I tested this I just want to see if I can get a different IP for each VMware. My host PC is and old laptop and can't handle more than that.

Normally, I have two VMware and the Host to run 3 account at the same time.

Many people (tech/network guru) said it is impossible but that is what I got. But don't know how I got it. I'm not a networking person so I can't explain it :)

JRaynor101 01-18-2014 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 520741)
At one time I tested.

I have 4 VMware running at the same time. I got 4 different IP address from the 4 VMware and another one from the Host.

When I tested this I just want to see if I can get a different IP for each VMware. My host PC is and old laptop and can't handle more than that.

Normally, I have two VMware and the Host to run 3 account at the same time.

Many people (tech/network guru) said it is impossible but that is what I got. But don't know how I got it. I'm not a networking person so I can't explain it :)

Your 4VMs and host will all have different LL-IPs to avoid network conflicts, but to an outside source it's all exactly the same (and again, different) IP. An amazon server will see it as different machines through the same connection, but Amazon also won't really know if that's a home connection or an internet connection for a business for thousands of users on a private LAN.

Your externally visible IP will change every time you restart the device closest to the internet - usually that's a modem, router or similar device. In rare occasions, it's the computer itself. It'll also change if there is any internet downtime whatsoever. To have a static (externally visible) IP, you usually pay for the privilege as it's a hassle for ISPs to handle them.

TonyAlmeida 01-18-2014 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRaynor101 (Post 520796)
Your 4VMs and host will all have different LL-IPs to avoid network conflicts, but to an outside source it's all exactly the same (and again, different) IP. An amazon server will see it as different machines through the same connection, but Amazon also won't really know if that's a home connection or an internet connection for a business for thousands of users on a private LAN.

Your externally visible IP will change every time you restart the device closest to the internet - usually that's a modem, router or similar device. In rare occasions, it's the computer itself. It'll also change if there is any internet downtime whatsoever. To have a static (externally visible) IP, you usually pay for the privilege as it's a hassle for ISPs to handle them.

Show me where can I see my real external IP address? what website? Don't tell me ipburger, whatismyip.......... I try them all.

If you can tell me where I will try to do the test again.

Sometime thing you learn in school not always right :)

JRaynor101 01-18-2014 09:38 PM

Go to http://ipecho.net/plain and it'll tell you the externally visible IP. Start up each VM then do it in them without restarting; it should all be the same unless you are VPNing.

If they are not the same then I have no clue what is happening. That... doesn't happen. As I said before it would be like a telephone receiving multiple calls from multiple numbers at the same time.

TonyAlmeida 01-18-2014 10:47 PM

Sir JRaynor101,

the site http://ipecho.net/plain is just like ipburger and whatismyip. I got all different IP just like the other website.

:)

JRaynor101 01-19-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 520987)
Sir JRaynor101,

the site http://ipecho.net/plain is just like ipburger and whatismyip. I got all different IP just like the other website.

:)

I really have no idea what's happening then. That's not something that happens with networking nor have I ever seen it happen 'accidentally'.

I'm unaware of your ISP contract, so my only assumption can be there's a clause or allowance built into that which is letting you have multiple external IPs, but it still requires the right hardware to do.

Is this map representative of your setup?

TonyAlmeida 01-19-2014 09:13 AM

I have no router, just connect direct from modem to the Host PC

TonyAlmeida 01-19-2014 10:59 AM

Oh, I forget to add.

The Modem I used have 4 ports output. If I plug another PC to any of the output I will get another different IP. :) I know it sound weird but that is what I got.

IronManWU 01-19-2014 02:16 PM

I just use separate user account and Virgin or T-Mobile dongle and it works for me. I don't think you need VmWare for Amazon

nivo 01-19-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 521081)
Oh, I forget to add.

The Modem I used have 4 ports output. If I plug another PC to any of the output I will get another different IP. :) I know it sound weird but that is what I got.

That is actually very interesting.

Unsure if you have said, but what ISP do you have, if you do not mind telling?
And the model of modem?

Does the IP change if you say, plug a modem into the lan port on the modem, and then unplug and replug, or does it stay the same?

JRaynor101 01-19-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 521081)
Oh, I forget to add.

The box you have is a combined router/modem.

What are they ports, are they standard RJ45 ethernet ports?
How does the box connect to the wall/external source? Telephone cord?
Can you give us a picture of it?

TonyAlmeida 01-19-2014 08:33 PM

No, that is the stand alone Modem (Netgear). It is cable ISP

nivo 01-19-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 521222)

So it comes in coax and exits as RJ45?

JRaynor101 01-19-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 521222)

Can you do an ipconfig/all and say what the IP is for each machine, and what the default gateway is? (Do not restart any VM or the computer during the process)

nivo 02-10-2014 08:53 AM

Hate to bump something like this, but Toney, it would be nice to figure out how you do this.. :)

What is the model of the router and modem you use. Do you possibly have the dumps of firmware for them?

TonyAlmeida 02-10-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivo (Post 527346)
Hate to bump something like this, but Toney, it would be nice to figure out how you do this.. :)

What is the model of the router and modem you use. Do you possibly have the dumps of firmware for them?

I'm not using a router. Just connect direct to the modem itself.
For the modem, I used Netgear but forgot the model. Bought on eBay few years back. But it came with modded firmware call Haxoware.

You can do a quick search on eBay. they are cheap

TonyAlmeida 02-10-2014 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivo (Post 521233)
So it comes in coax and exits as RJ45?

Yes, that's right

TonyAlmeida 02-10-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRaynor101 (Post 521243)
Can you do an ipconfig/all and say what the IP is for each machine, and what the default gateway is? (Do not restart any VM or the computer during the process)

They all have a different default gateway