multiple accounts on Macbook using Parallel? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default multiple accounts on Macbook using Parallel?

I was thinking of creating multiple users on my macbook and install parallel with Windows 7 for each user and within windows 7 create amz account...

have any one tried this ? any experience using windows installed on mac via parallel ....?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2014

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: multiple accounts on Macbook using Parallel?

That might work.

But don't forget to change IP every time you switch between the two !

Using Paralells does not give you a different IP !
Old 03-27-2014

Longevity: 67%

I do that and it works, but like the user above me said, you have to change your ip address each time!
Old 03-27-2014

Longevity: 63%

Parallel is just like running a windows machine. I just find it a little sluggish, so I use bootcamp; either run windows or mac depending on what I do.
Old 03-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kockedoff View Post
I was thinking of creating multiple users on my macbook and install parallel with Windows 7 for each user and within windows 7 create amz account...

have any one tried this ? any experience using windows installed on mac via parallel ....?
Have you looked at using bootcamp?

Means a much easier method ( imo)

Mac Basics: Using Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp

ETA: Snap Gotebay posted at the same time

Old 03-27-2014

Especially if you want to make more than 2 accounts I would recommend VM Ware or Paralells.

The Adbantage is that you can setup multiple machines and easily copy them to your external HDD etc.

Bootcamp allows you to instally ONLY 1 Windows and takes lots of Space from your HDD (SSD).

So I would go for VMWare / Paralells.
But not the joint mode where you can run Windows Apps within MAC but for a fully emulated Windows environment.
Old 03-28-2014

Longevity: 59%

I use paralells on my mac book and run 4 accounts, each VM on paralells has its own mac address but as stated you have to change the IP when logging on to a different account.
Old 03-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Vm and parellel are two different products ? I am fimilar with parallel but not VMware.... Are you goes suggesting to use both together or either one ?
Old 03-29-2014

I have never used VMware, I run parallel on my mac, which allows me to create and run windows, i have 8 separate windows machines on my mac each one is called a virtual machine each one has its own mac address and is like having 8 different computers running on my mac (I only run 1 at a time) If you install parallel on your mac you can set up a new AMZ account on each parallel Virtual machine you create, You just have to have a new ip for each account, I connect with my verizon iPhone each time i turn off my hot spot and turn it back on i get a different ip, same with my att mifi. so to answer your question you don't need both, if your running a mac you just need parallel, bootcamp does the same thing but you can only set up 1 windows application. If you want to run multiple accounts use parallel
Old 03-29-2014

I suggest to use VMWare so that you have a clear distinction between your systems.

However, technically Paralells is not much different from VMware.
VM is a Program that runs WINDOWS and lets you open Programs within that Windows windows.
Paralells is just the same but it allows you to run these Windows Programms in a Window without showing the desktop so that they APPEAR to be a normal Program but in reality run within a Windows within VM.

Besides, MAC Adresses don't mean anything as Amazon is not able to read them !
Care only about IP and that's the same for every (Virtual VM / Paralells) Adapter on your system !!
The Following User Says Thank You to Seppl42 For This Useful Post:
yllinu (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014

actually you can run parallels inside a windows window showing the desktop, or as a regular program its up to you, i prefer to run it in a windows window showing the desktop so i don't get confused on what I'm doing.
Old 03-30-2014

yeah, that's also a possibility.

But anyway, you are running a VM (Virtual Machine).

And you can use either Paralells or VM Ware or Virutal PC or Virtualbox or whatever you like....
Old 03-30-2014

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppl42 View Post
Besides, MAC Adresses don't mean anything as Amazon is not able to read them !
Care only about IP and that's the same for every (Virtual VM / Paralells) Adapter on your system !!
I believe Amazon Track MAC address now days where Ebey and PP don't.
Old 03-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 58%

I too have a Mac and I created a new user account on it without parallels or anything for my stealth account, this is the first time I heard of parallels. Are they only beneficial if your running multiple stealth accounts?
thanks
Old 03-30-2014

Actually they just make it harder for you to screw up !

You don't need a second User Account, nor VM or Paralells to go stealth.

All you need is to not be linked by any info you give out and that can be achieved with Browser settings and IP change alone from the technical side !

However if your settings are not stealth or you screw up (logging in with same ip / browser session etc. (and yes there is more than just cokkies) then VM or User Account may help you to stay safe, as it is just harder to do anything wrong.

I know most of you are technical novices and therefore don't know it better, but I'm really getting sick of seeing you all wasting so much time (and money) on unneccessary stuff.

Even the Guide is not 100% correct regarding what is needed and not to go stealth ... I mean there are things that Amazon just cannot link. Technical Fact. And one of them is the MAC. Therefore there is no use in setting up Paralells / VM just to get a new Virtual Adapter to get more virtual mac adresses to run several stealth accounts.

Also running different users on windows / mac. It's not neccessary. Different browser installations or more precise profiles would do the same job.

Knowing what real matters is more efficient than just working around the problem with VM.

I mean when you don't buy 5 phones just because you own 5 nice protective cases do you ? You rather change the case once in a while for the only phone you got, right ?

Same with accounts. Rather than changing your machine or OS installation, just change the bit that really matters - your browser fingerprint aka. profile.

Check ipcheck dot info to see what Info Amazon (and every website) can get out of your browser. Compare, and be amazed.
Old 03-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckstaples View Post
I have never used VMware, I run parallel on my mac, which allows me to create and run windows, i have 8 separate windows machines on my mac each one is called a virtual machine each one has its own mac address and is like having 8 different computers running on my mac (I only run 1 at a time) If you install parallel on your mac you can set up a new AMZ account on each parallel Virtual machine you create, You just have to have a new ip for each account, I connect with my verizon iPhone each time i turn off my hot spot and turn it back on i get a different ip, same with my att mifi. so to answer your question you don't need both, if your running a mac you just need parallel, bootcamp does the same thing but you can only set up 1 windows application. If you want to run multiple accounts use parallel

So create multiple user accounts in my macbook and each user account install parallel separately with windows, correct ?
Old 03-31-2014

Well for me i use parallels because it was easier, I install parallels on my mac 1 time under 1 user and than i create Windows virtual machines for each seperate AMZ account i want to make, so if your creating 3 AMZ accounts you need 3 VM's each running windows, parallels walks you through it just create the first Virtual machine and you will see how it works.
Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 72%

Why do you have to run windows?

I've been running stealth on Mac for almost 4 years using different user accounts, and 3 years on Amazon.

First: System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Uncheck "Remember networks this computer has joined" and remove your saved networks.

Then: Login to stealth user account, manually connect to stealth network. Open browser (check ip)

Finally: Close all browsers, deselect "open windows when I log in" while you're signing out.
Old 04-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockitaway View Post
Why do you have to run windows?

I've been running stealth on Mac for almost 4 years using different user accounts, and 3 years on Amazon.

First: System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Uncheck "Remember networks this computer has joined" and remove your saved networks.

Then: Login to stealth user account, manually connect to stealth network. Open browser (check ip)

Finally: Close all browsers, deselect "open windows when I log in" while you're signing out.
Because installing parallel you don't have to deal with linking due to cookies ,browser history etc been shared...
Old 04-06-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

I run 5 accounts on one macbook. Just a different browser for each account and different IP either with 3g dongle or VPN. Being doing this for years and no problems. Look for the easy way.