2 Amazon Seller Linked Accounts - 1 still standing... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-18-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default 2 Amazon Seller Linked Accounts - 1 still standing...

About 6 months ago, I asked permission from Amazon to have a 2nd seller account. Reason? I teamed up with a new distributor who was looking to receive only commission on sales, so I needed a new account for new inventory and new accounting purposes. Amazon accepted the application due to the following: high rating/metrics, 99% feedback, over 30,000 reviews on account.

3 weeks ago, a customer sent in a complaint on the 2nd account that they received a "defective" item. Not sure why, but amazon translated "defective" to "counterfeit" and suspended the account on "suspicion of counterfeit." We sent in the necessary appeal with docs/invoices, etc. I'm assuming since account was fairly virgin with 99% feedback but only 500 reviews, the auto bot from seller performance decided to keep the account closed.

Now the dilemma if there is any...this suspension occurred 3 weeks ago and our main Amazon account is still active. I can only come up with one of 2 explanations: 1) In a recent online article posted regarding a secret interview with a seller performance employee, he explained that VIS accounts (very important sellers with high metrics and $50,000 revenue per month) labeled by seller performance have higher chance of reinstatement when "auto suspended" and are generally bypassed for other reasons not known when issues occur. 2) I'm assuming when Amazon accepted the 2nd seller account, and all of the information, computer, IP, etc are the same, Amazon notified seller performance to put up some sort of "flag" or "ignore duplicate info/ip" tag so that the "auto search and destroy" in seller performance ignores the first account in order to sell without linking the accounts.

Could this be the case? I'm still worried, but not sure if this next course of action will help or harm me....looking to notify seller performance from main account to explain the situation and hopefully have the 2nd account reinstated due to the misunderstanding. Meanwhile, I fear that this action could put this account under the fire as well. I sell only legitimate, 100% authentic items. No BS, never violated Amazon's policies and have asked permission for any and all actions taken through the years. Any suggestions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: 2 Amazon Seller Linked Accounts - 1 still standing...

Wheb they review the second account they will link it and suspend aswell. If they suspended 1st one over such as small thing why would they keep the other one if they violate another policy? Amazon cares only about buyers not the sellers so better start moving and get new sth accoint with brand new details.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRatedSeller View Post
Wheb they review the second account they will link it and suspend aswell. If they suspended 1st one over such as small thing why would they keep the other one if they violate another policy? Amazon cares only about buyers not the sellers so better start moving and get new sth accoint with brand new details.
You haven't got a clue what will happen so why start trying to scare people.

Amazon do give preference to big sellers but it's 500k turnover a month not 50k and you get your own rep.

Also a review will not necessarily get you banned as they already know the accounts are linked.

Unfortunately there is no definitive answer but as mentioned you should take steps to be prepared should the worst happen.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 92%

I'm in a similar boat this week. I've had 3 accounts selling similar products for 6 years. This week out of nowhere 2 were suspended for the counterfeit/intellectual suspicion. They say we are violating amazon policy. These accounts have 100% feedback for all 6 years. No major issues ever. The 3rd account(my highest grossing account) is still standing. A little nervous about that one. Of course the appeals were all denied by the autobots. Seems like they might be on the hunt. I'm noticing some of my competitors dropping off the map too.

Funny thing is my webstore account(managed within the same login) is still standing as is my Amazon.co.uk accounts with the same information.

Looks like Amazon is on the hunt lately. Beware long time sellers. Even you are not safe.

Good Luck guys. I'm going to try my luck over at Rakuten and sears.com until the dust settles over at Amazon.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 80%

this is the time of year amazon starts to clean house. From now until holiday season. starts earlier each year it seems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-02-2014), guitarca18 (08-12-2014)
Old 07-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRatedSeller View Post
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop spruiking rubbish.

Old 08-10-2014

And our third account just bit the dust. Amazon.co.uk still standing and webstore seems to still be functioning.
Old 08-10-2014

Longevity: 74%

Once it took AZ 4-5 months to close my AZ.ca after it closed AZ.com. Probably a good think to prepare yourself mentally as it will happen.
AZ will never get me like that again
Old 08-10-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarca18 View Post
And our third account just bit the dust. Amazon.co.uk still standing and webstore seems to still be functioning.
Really bad to hear this. Could it be competitors?

I am guessing that they trapped a large amount of funds also?

The other 2 accounts only suspended, not deleted?
Old 08-12-2014

We sell a product that could be considered risky but have been ok on these 3 accounts for 7 years. This year Chinese competitors came in and attached themselves to thousands of our listings. Their product was materially different and it caused a huge problem for us and Amazon when buyers started to get items that weren't what the product was supposed to be made of. I think Amazon decided it would be best to just wipe us all off the map.

All 3 accounts suspended in US. I'm not too worried about .uk and .ca as those barely make us anything anyway. More of a nuisance. LOL. I wonder if Amazon webstore will remain active since its on its own website.

They have about $5k of our money held up. Lame but its like a savings account that we can't touch.