Heed the warnings about seeking an professional tax aid - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-04-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Heed the warnings about seeking an professional tax aid

I tried to run 5 LLCs on my own and finally broke down and hired a tax attorney. He has setup my businesses properly and saving me over $10,000 in unnecessary taxes that I would have to pay.

Many people will ask how to setup their business. Heed the warnings and seek a tax attorney! They will pay for themselves and you will avoid many headaches and save money! I had to learn the hard way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly441 For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (07-04-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Default re: Heed the warnings about seeking an professional tax aid

Move the business into tax free havens, where accounts don't need to be filed. Just make sure the Country is supported by amazon.
Old 07-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

They are cracking down on this in the USA, they now want foreign account reported and the penalties for not doing so are huge.

The bottom line is, if you want to try something like this, speak with an attorney who specializes in these things. Otherwise, you could end up paying more money in taxes, fines and penalties than you have to. In a worst case scenario, you could end up with a criminal case against you and possible jail time. It is just not worth it.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-04-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2014
Banned

Jeff if a offshore company is set up correctly then there are no repercussions and the money you bring into your country as earning's from the offshore company is declared in your tax returns then there is no problem. Please don't scare monger. Amazon base all there EU operation's in Luxembourg for tax reasons as its an offshore haven.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I tried to run 5 LLCs on my own and finally broke down and hired a tax attorney. He has setup my businesses properly and saving me over $10,000 in unnecessary taxes that I would have to pay.

Many people will ask how to setup their business. Heed the warnings and seek a tax attorney! They will pay for themselves and you will avoid many headaches and save money! I had to learn the hard way.
Glad you got the message!

Users here have been told since 2010 to take professional tax advice.

It's basic common sense.

One user was paying out $300 for creation of an LLC.... it need not cost that.

Unless a person is qualified in a given area, the success of their business ventures often needs professional and competent aid.

Spending money to make money pays off.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-04-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2014

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Heed the warnings about seeking an professional tax aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post

I was under the impression that most attorneys will not assist you in carrying out an illegal operation. Must have found one of the good ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It's interesting reading a person's response based on their perspective. One does things shady ways and thinks everyone does it that way. Another does things by the books and speaks as such. Reading this thread I can just smack my head.

I ask Greebean and others to let conversations like this take place in the forum, taxes, LLCs and other seemly common knowledge topics but I can kind of see how it turns sour quickly. We have a bunch of ill informed members when it comes to stuff like this... grr.
Old 07-05-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

The answer is:

Your earned your money, you made a profit, you pay your taxes.

Learn how to hire an very good CPA to help you with your book keeping.

Once you do things by the law, let the CPA handle the rest.

Pay your fair share of taxes on your income.

My gosh I paid a ton of money out last year in taxes due to a record year of sales and profits and it drives me insane to see people trying to avoid paying taxes.

Those same people whine because Mitt Romney paid taxes on his earnings when he made his money and now expect this man to pay taxes again because he is a smart investor and demands he pays double taxes on his investments. Yes these same people want to avoid paying taxes on their earning.

Some people just dont get it.
Old 07-05-2014
Banned

Sandy, everybody has to pay taxes, but paying less with correct company set up's is surly a bonus. Ask Amazon, Dell, Stabucks, Yahoo who all trade to minimise taxes.
Old 07-05-2014
Banned

What exactly do you mean shady, please enlighten the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
It's interesting reading a person's response based on their perspective. One does things shady ways and thinks everyone does it that way. Another does things by the books and speaks as such. Reading this thread I can just smack my head.

I ask Greebean and others to let conversations like this take place in the forum, taxes, LLCs and other seemly common knowledge topics but I can kind of see how it turns sour quickly. We have a bunch of ill informed members when it comes to stuff like this... grr.
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
The answer is:

My gosh I paid a ton of money out last year in taxes due to a record year of sales and profits and it drives me insane to see people trying to avoid paying taxes.

Those same people whine because Mitt Romney paid taxes on his earnings when he made his money and now expect this man to pay taxes again because he is a smart investor and demands he pays double taxes on his investments. Yes these same people want to avoid paying taxes on their earning.

It's every American's duty to pay the least amount of taxes possible within the law. If that means offshore businesses, and such, then they are doing their duty as an American.
Old 07-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Jeff if a offshore company is set up correctly then there are no repercussions and the money you bring into your country as earning's from the offshore company is declared in your tax returns then there is no problem. Please don't scare monger. Amazon base all there EU operation's in Luxembourg for tax reasons as its an offshore haven.
I'm not trying to scare-monger, I apologize if it came off that way. I'm just saying that people should get professional advice before jumping into something they do not understand. Offshore accounts are not illegal if set up correctly and taxes are paid.

But someone may think from some of these posts that all they need to do is to get a bank account in another country, not report income, not pay taxes and that it is perfectly OK to do so. They are blindsided when the government catches up with them. That is what I am trying to prevent. Getting professional advice on whatever subject never hurts.
Old 07-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
The answer is:

I have to agree with Sandy on this one. I, too, pay a lot of money for taxes. Nobody LIKES it. But it is what we have to do if we want to live in a civil society.

Think about it... Paved roads that are maintained, garbage collection, police protection, fire protection, highways that are lit up at night, streetlights, our armed forces and military and a million other things we take for granted and don't think about. It takes money to pay for all of these things. And taxes are the way we do that. When one person cheats and does not pay their fair share, it makes it all the more expensive for the rest of us.
Old 07-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad555 View Post
It's every American's duty to pay the least amount of taxes possible within the law. If that means offshore businesses, and such, then they are doing their duty as an American.
eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

Just a quick reminder......have a read of the rules.

Keep this neutral.

Old 07-05-2014

Longevity: 86%

That is also a British principle.

There are loopholes in the system and a good tax attorney (eg accountant) will know how to game and manipulate the system. Big corporations like Google, Starbucks and Amazon hire lawyers to make their tax liability as small as possible so why should not the "little guy" (or gal) do the same. Its a no brainer.

Im 70 this year and have paid my dues to the community. Every pound I can keep in my pocket (as opposed to the pockets of the corrupt bunch of thieves and liars who rule this country) is a bonus.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-05-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - FAQ

Just a quick reminder......have a read of the rules.

Keep this neutral.

sorry, I was just quoting an American President. I forget which one.
The Following User Says Thank You to mad555 For This Useful Post:
zoneout (07-05-2014)
Old 07-05-2014

Longevity: 64%

^this just about sums up my thoughts as well. When a super rich guy or corporation minimizes their tax liability through loopholes, it's considered entrepreneurship. When the average joe does it, it is stealing.

Our "civil" society is corrupt and the wealth gap alone can tell the story. My goal is to make plenty of $ and dodge as many bullets as possibly before I die. At least that's my answer on an optimistic day. The game is fixed, I just have to play my hand as best I can.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-05-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Can you not read?

Keep the politics OUT of the thread.