HELP! Stupid customer filed a-to-z claim after I offered full refund - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-15-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default HELP! Stupid customer filed a-to-z claim after I offered full refund

A customer filed an A-to-Z claim after I offered a full refund.
I am not sure if he understood what I offered him (different language).

Last edited by helpmelol; 07-15-2014 at 05:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Default Re: HELP! Stupid customer filed a-to-z claim after I offered full refund

ALso:

When does an A-to-Z claim count?
They say that I have to solve the issue/reply within 7 days.
The A-to-Z claim was filed about 1 hour ago. My next disbursement is the 17th of this month.

But if the A-to-Z claim is filed, short term & long term order defect rate will jump to around 3% as not many orders are listed. Currently it is 0%.

This will likely suspend my account + Amazon hold my funds.

I offered the idiot a full refund and first thing he does is file a claim. His brains must be full of ****. Now this is causing me headeache.. all for nothing. What a complete moron.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%
Default Re: HELP! Stupid customer filed a-to-z claim after I offered full refund

If I remember right, Amazon will close the claim out if you email them, because you already issued a refund. You should probably appeal the claim, citing the language difference and the already processed refund. It's been years since an A to Z, but I am sure someone else will also chime in.
Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

No no, I didn't issue the refund yet. Several hours ago, I send him an email and offered him to choose between a full refund or a replacement. I told him that I would issue the refund once I received his preferred choice/solution (refund or replacement). But he filed an A-to-Z claim instead and emailed me that he didn't know what I meant with ''preferred choice''.

So my question is: when will Amazon add the filed A-to-Z claim to my ''imperfect orders'' ? I haven't replied to his A-to-Z claim yet, and haven't issued the refund yet. Because once I issue the refund, it will be closed in his favor, while I already offered him a refund, so the claim was unnecessary.

Will the A-to-Z claim be ''on hold'' (not added to imperfect orders) as long as I appeal it?
Old 07-15-2014

Longevity: 64%

Time to get some facts straight. The moment a customer clicks the A-to-z confirm button, your ODR is negatively affected.

If Amazon sides with the buyer, if you issue a refund without putting up a fight, if Amazon sides with you, if the customer recalls the A-to-z claim, it all affects your ODR metrics in the exact same way. The End.
Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Time to get some facts straight. The moment a customer clicks the A-to-z confirm button, your ODR is negatively affected.

If Amazon sides with the buyer, if you issue a refund without putting up a fight, if Amazon sides with you, if the customer recalls the A-to-z claim, it all affects your ODR metrics in the exact same way. The End.
Ok, but what I mean, the A-to-Z claim was filed several hours ago, I can view it in my account, but it is not added to ODR yet. How long does this take? Will Amazon ban me immediately once it is above 1% (currently 0%, but 1 / around 40 orders = above 1%).

Could this be because I can still appeal the claim?

Is it added to my metrics once Amazon decides that the buyer was right?

This is annoying. My next disbursement is only 1 day away and I am afraid they will block my account because of a stupid customer who can't read.

Last edited by helpmelol; 07-15-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Just make sure the claim is closed without a decision by Amazon might as well refund.
Old 07-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Just refund him, send email to Amazon through contact us where you select A-Z issue, explain to them you offered the refund your customer and he did not understand and file A-Z claim. Make you sure you send him refund first and send customer request that he can withdraw A-Z claim.
Don't presume everything, do something.
Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafeezc View Post
Just refund him, send email to Amazon through contact us where you select A-Z issue, explain to them you offered the refund your customer and he did not understand and file A-Z claim. Make you sure you send him refund first and send customer request that he can withdraw A-Z claim.
Don't presume everything, do something.
I thought customers can't withdraw filed A-Z claims?
Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Should I wait? Will solving/refunding the buyer asap be ''good'' or doesn't it matter anymore since claim=claim no matter how you respond to it?

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...rics-data.html

Last edited by helpmelol; 07-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

It's worse if you don't resolve it yourself; take care of it!
Old 07-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Did you write any email to customer after he filled A-Z claim? Just refund it and send email to customer polity request that it is misunderstanding and I already refund you, please withdraw A-Z claim. Another thing, why you assume worst thing about that customer. Just try with positive attitude. Don't be so negative about everything. Be positive.
Old 07-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafeezc View Post
Did you write any email to customer after he filled A-Z claim? Just refund it and send email to customer polity request that it is misunderstanding and I already refund you, please withdraw A-Z claim. Another thing, why you assume worst thing about that customer. Just try with positive attitude. Don't be so negative about everything. Be positive.
But I thought customers were unable to withdraw A-to-Z claim? At least, that's what I have been told. I know they can withdraw negative feedback, but not sure about A-to-Z claims.

I've been polite to this particular customer the entire time, and even told him I would give him a little compensation (on top of the full refund), and then he decides to do something like this. That's when I stop being polite.