eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Best way to fund account after using VCC? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/77710-best-way-fund-account-after-using-vcc.html)

bigchuck 09-24-2014 11:18 AM

Best way to fund account after using VCC?

We're coming up on 1 month with our stealth account, using a VCC (thanks 123!). Of course, that means paying Amazon their $40.

Between other work and such, we don't have $40 in the account. We're considering a few options...what would you guys pick?

1. Have a totally unrelated account purchase a few of our product
2. Switch credit cards on the account (not recommended from what I've read)
3. Ignore and change the credit card when Amazon asks

For this reason, we've also been sending to FBA via our own shipping account, which isn't exactly cheap!

There are funds in our bank account on file however.

MICKY H 09-24-2014 05:36 PM

Re: Best way to fund account after using VCC?

Are you talking about the VCC account or your selling account? If its amazon just wait till they send you an e mail saying they cannot charge seller fees and then in a week to two you should have funds I would imagine in your seller account. They will in time try to charge the VCC, just make sure you have $40 on the card

bigchuck 09-24-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICKY H (Post 591110)
Are you talking about the VCC account or your selling account? If its amazon just wait till they send you an e mail saying they cannot charge seller fees and then in a week to two you should have funds I would imagine in your seller account. They will in time try to charge the VCC, just make sure you have $40 on the card

Well, Amazon wants to charge us in about a week, because we're at -$42

So just let them try to charge the VCC? It doesn't have a balance and I don't believe there's a way to add a balance.

If they try to deduct from the bank account on file, it will work just fine.

MICKY H 09-24-2014 10:54 PM

In that case they will send you an e mail saying the card was declined and please add new card. Just ignore if your seller account is going to get sales. If no sales change the card or they will suspend you.

ifox007 09-24-2014 11:20 PM

It's good to change a new card before they try to charge your vcc. Who said this " 2. Switch credit cards on the account (not recommended from what I've read) "?That's not true. There is nothing wrong to switch to another credit card as long as you're the credit card holder.

bigchuck 09-25-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICKY H (Post 591159)
In that case they will send you an e mail saying the card was declined and please add new card. Just ignore if your seller account is going to get sales. If no sales change the card or they will suspend you.

Sounds reasonable

bigchuck 09-25-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifox007 (Post 591162)
It's good to change a new card before they try to charge your vcc. Who said this " 2. Switch credit cards on the account (not recommended from what I've read) "?That's not true. There is nothing wrong to switch to another credit card as long as you're the credit card holder.

This thread suggests against it: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...ould-i-do.html

ifox007 09-25-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchuck (Post 591320)

They got blocked because they didn't do correctly. I have been switching cards many times, so I'm pretty sure it's totally safe. You can go to 7-11 buy a $100 vanilla giftcard, make sure you register the ZIPCODE exactly like the one you have you your amzn acct. When you're done with register the zipcode, wait about an hour or so ( for taking effect ), and then add it to your acct.

P.S when you add a new card, make sure you use the same machine, same IP is a plus.

bigchuck 09-25-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifox007 (Post 591371)
They got blocked because they didn't do correctly. I have been switching cards many times, so I'm pretty sure it's totally safe. You can go to 7-11 buy a $100 vanilla giftcard, make sure you register the ZIPCODE exactly like the one you have you your amzn acct. When you're done with register the zipcode, wait about an hour or so ( for taking effect ), and then add it to your acct.

P.S when you add a new card, make sure you use the same machine, same IP is a plus.

Do you need an SSN to register the Vanilla cards? We've been using Greendot up until recently, but the SSN requirement makes it challenging.

ifox007 09-25-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigchuck (Post 591454)
Do you need an SSN to register the Vanilla cards? We've been using Greendot up until recently, but the SSN requirement makes it challenging.

gift card and prepaid card are different. With gift card, it doesn't require your SSN, but prepaid card does.

This is the one =>
http://thepointsguy.com/wp-content/u...-gift-card.jpg