Message from Amazon - Intellectual property infringement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Message from Amazon - Intellectual property infringement

Hi everyone,

I just received the following message today from Amazon and my selling privileges were removed:

Hello,

We are writing to let you know we have removed your selling privileges, canceled your listings, and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your Marketplace Payments account. Any new selling accounts you open will be closed.

We took this action because it has come to our attention that you have listed items that may be in violation of our policy against intellectual property infringement.

We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from your Marketplace Payments account.

After 90 days, the hold will be removed and any remaining funds will be available per your settlement schedule. In addition, balance and settlement information will be available in the Payments section of your seller account. If you have questions about these funds, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

If you would like to appeal this decision, please visit the Notifications page in the Performance section of your account, find this message in the list of notifications, and click the Appeal button (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...fications.html). For information on creating an appeal, search on “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in seller Help.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

The account is a relatively new account and I just started listing several days ago. I don't know which item(s) they are referring to ,so I have no idea on which item(s) to provide evidence for , or based on what evidence they used to make this conclusion. So I have no idea on how to go about this. Ironically , most of the items I am not even selling. I listed them because I am also listing some same items from a previously suspended account.

Has this happened to anyone before? If so , how were you able to appeal and get it reinstated?

Thank you for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Message from Amazon - Intellectual property infringement

It is almost impossible to get an account reinstated when they close it for copyright infringement.

There are certain DVD titles (you are listing DVD's, right?) that are known to Amazon to be highly counterfeited. Any new accounts listing these titles will not likely survive. This includes box sets, classic Disney animation and many new releases.

You are most likely better off going stealth than trying to salvage this account.

You should also be aware that as of November 17th, you will need to be pre-approved to sell any DVD title with a "List Price" of over $25. This includes the vast majority of new releases, Disney titles and all box sets. If you apply, Amazon will require your supplier information and receipts for your purchases. It is very likely they will only be approving sellers who have suppliers that are known to be legitimate, although that part of it is just my guess.
Old 09-27-2014

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 62%

This can happen from the actual company buying their own product from you. If it looks to be f*ke, they will contact AZ and tell them.

If it was fulfilled and commingled, and your item was mixed with someone else's; you're screwed.

Even if you provide the proper paperwork, chances are slim to none of being re-instated.

Sorry for your lose.
Old 09-28-2014

Longevity: 70%

Watch out for potential legal action
Old 09-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I already tried to list a DVD on a new account today and it's a restricted category, I tried one below $25 and still restricted

I don't sell DVD's I just wanted to try it based on the post I read this morning
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I just read the OPs whole post

I think Amazon is just gearing up for the holidays so it's weeding all the questionable accounts out and also new accounts that make quick sales are getting shut down

I made 3 accounts 2 of them sold 2 items the first or second day and the funds were placed on hold, so I just scraped them

The third is still going, I just listed all $1 store items and probably will stick with this till after the holidays
Old 09-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Forget reinstating an account that's been banned for this. Usually you get a warning or two, if you were booted on the first notice, you are done as toast. Move on and change tactics.

I see wailing and gnashing of teeth on the Amazon Seller Central Forums; they are indeed cracking down on DVD's, AUTOMATICALLY restricting anything over $25 MSRP, but those below that, too.