Stealth accounts and approved categories - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-12-2014

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 75%
Default Stealth accounts and approved categories

So does anybody have suggestions on establishing new stealth accounts and getting through/around the newly restricted categories? If you start out selling small items in categories that don't need approval, get some feedback and then start listing in restricted categories do you still have to go through the whole process of sending them invoices, waiting for a decision, etc? Just looking for the quickest way to establish new accounts in the categories I want to sell in with limited hassle. Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Stealth accounts and approved categories

Read ghost guide - understand the method - decide on creating.

Listing in restricted categories is always a challenge - which one you looking at?
Old 11-12-2014

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

Listing in restricted categories is always a challenge - which one you looking at?
Lets start the discussion with Health and Personal care.

Then move to beauty.

I've been curious on this too.
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

Some categories are harder to get into than others. I believe each category manager decides on the applications. I tied for men's watches, which was a part of Jewelry and got turned down flat. They didn't ask what my sources were, or for invoices or anything. I just sent an email asking how to apply and they told me I was not eligible for consideration. Another user here got approved in the apparel category fairly quickly.

I'll have to leave health and beauty up to others as I have no experience in that area.

With DVD's, their new program will most likely ALWAYS include invoices with calls to your supplier to verify them, having a LEGITIMATE supplier and a business plan on file. When this was announced (it takes affect November 17th) a couple of my accounts were invited to apply, but most were not. I don't sell very many DVD's, the ones I DO sell are rare and out of print. I sell mostly books. But others told me the same thing. If you are invited to apply, they are processing the applications and approving or denying them. If you just apply out of the blue, applications are - it seems - being ignored. Either that or they are just giving priority to those who were invited first.

There is no reason a stealth account cannot be approved for something, but you should have all your ducks in a row, so to speak.
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Some categories are harder to get into than others. I believe each category manager decides on the applications. I tied for men's watches, which was a part of Jewelry and got turned down flat. They didn't ask what my sources were, or for invoices or anything. I just sent an email asking how to apply and they told me I was not eligible for consideration. Another user here got approved in the apparel category fairly quickly.

I'll have to leave health and beauty up to others as I have no experience in that area.

With DVD's, their new program will most likely ALWAYS include invoices with calls to your supplier to verify them, having a LEGITIMATE supplier and a business plan on file. When this was announced (it takes affect November 17th) a couple of my accounts were invited to apply, but most were not. I don't sell very many DVD's, the ones I DO sell are rare and out of print. I sell mostly books. But others told me the same thing. If you are invited to apply, they are processing the applications and approving or denying them. If you just apply out of the blue, applications are - it seems - being ignored. Either that or they are just giving priority to those who were invited first.

There is no reason a stealth account cannot be approved for something, but you should have all your ducks in a row, so to speak.
Jeffweico, as far as health and beauty category, list one used item with high auction price, within 2-3 days, you will get MC999. called and tell them you bought it for yourself or your spouse. They no longer want it so you listed for sale. it will work fine. That's the way I do it for myself.
Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 76%

MC999 is for eBay. Sorry, but we are in the Amz forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to eBay King For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-13-2014)
Old 11-13-2014
Threadstarter  

I do use the Ghost guide, and have successfully for a number of years, but since these restrictions are new I don't think there's anything in Ghost on how to tackle them.

I want to sell in the DVD category, and before anyone asks yes they are legit movies not bootlegs. Someone mentioned calls to approved suppliers, anyone happen to know who falls under that heading? I have accounts and invoices with Baker & Taylor and Ingram Entertainment, 2 of the biggest players in wholesale media distribution.

Do you have to get approved in the DVD category regardless of the age or status of the account? I was thinking I might create some new accounts, sell some small items in other categories, get positive feedback and then would I be eligible to list in restricted categories?
Old 11-13-2014

Longevity: 55%

Yes there is a way to override the category limit.
Old 11-13-2014

Longevity: 54%

Random question just curious if it still rings true. I know eBay Stealth like the back of my hand at this point....Is Amazon a different beast all together I need too tackle or would I be for the most part set (stealth wise) in venturing over to Amazon?

*Please no generic responses like buy Amazon Ghost, I plan on doing so anyways *
Old 11-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,924 Times in 8,216 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtimeacres View Post
I do use the Ghost guide, and have successfully for a number of years, but since these restrictions are new I don't think there's anything in Ghost on how to tackle them.
Ghost guide would not cover tackle restrictions - the goal of the guide is just to create account - just to clarify for you
Old 11-13-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldstealth View Post
Random question just curious if it still rings true. I know eBay Stealth like the back of my hand at this point....Is Amazon a different beast all together I need too tackle or would I be for the most part set (stealth wise) in venturing over to Amazon?

*Please no generic responses like buy Amazon Ghost, I plan on doing so anyways *

Amz is a different beast, but it can be tamed. Having said that, they just threw me off for shady and vague reasons after running an excellent account for many years, so caution should always be applied, just like when selling on eBay.

If you have mastered eBay, then you have most of the skills ready for Amz. Be careful with the tracking methods they use, etc... Amz Ghost is very helpful. Some sections are outdated, but the forums fill in the gaps most of the time.

Good luck.
Old 11-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
Jeffweico, as far as health and beauty category, list one used item with high auction price, within 2-3 days, you will get MC999. called and tell them you bought it for yourself or your spouse. They no longer want it so you listed for sale. it will work fine. That's the way I do it for myself.
this is AMAZON. Not a method for them.

Old 11-16-2014

Longevity: 55%

My old account was approved for clothing and accessories on the 3rd try. I sent a new request every 2 months and they approved it on the 3rd request. I did reword the request each time.
Old 11-16-2014

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elipse View Post
Yes there is a way to override the category limit.
OK. If you know please share.

Teasing is not allowed in the forums.
Old 11-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtimeacres View Post

I want to sell in the DVD category, and before anyone asks yes they are legit movies not bootlegs. Someone mentioned calls to approved suppliers, anyone happen to know who falls under that heading? I have accounts and invoices with Baker & Taylor and Ingram Entertainment, 2 of the biggest players in wholesale media distribution.

Do you have to get approved in the DVD category regardless of the age or status of the account? I was thinking I might create some new accounts, sell some small items in other categories, get positive feedback and then would I be eligible to list in restricted categories?
As of November 17th, if you want to sell DVD's with a LIST PRICE (that is the price suggested by the manufacturer, NOT the selling price) of more than $25, you must be pre-approved by Amazon before they will allow you to list. Selling other items first will not allow you to get into that category without approval.

In your case, however, you SHOULD be able to get approved as long as Baker and Ingram will verify that you are a customer of their and you can provide invoices for whatever titles you are selling.
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
As of November 17th, if you want to sell DVD's with a LIST PRICE (that is the price suggested by the manufacturer, NOT the selling price) of more than $25, you must be pre-approved by Amazon before they will allow you to list. Selling other items first will not allow you to get into that category without approval.

In your case, however, you SHOULD be able to get approved as long as Baker and Ingram will verify that you are a customer of their and you can provide invoices for whatever titles you are selling.
What about things with a list price of less than $25? I would think that be automatic approval without needing to jump through all the hoops. Or do they want invoices on DVDs regardless of list price?