eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Question for Amazon deleted account people (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/80219-question-amazon-deleted-account-people.html)

mg2014 12-01-2014 07:07 PM

Question for Amazon deleted account people

Hi,

I would like to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

#1- 14 day funds payment initiated, confirmation email of transfer to bank account received. Friday 3pm pacific

#2- Saturday the next day, everything fine till at least 11 pm when I went to bed

#3 sometime on sunday, account deleted, cant log in

Anyone had similar experience, with the regular payment intiating, then after the account gets deleted?

Anyone had any experience to know if that payment is going to show up in my bank account, or am I SOL?

Mike

jeffweico 12-02-2014 12:12 AM

Re: Question for Amazon deleted account people

The funds may or may not show up. If they are not there on their normal day, then I doubt they will show up. Amazon WILL stop the transfer, or try to pull it back if they can.

If the funds DO show up in your bank account, withdraw them IMMEDIATELY because Amazon WILL try to debit your account for them. And when an account is deleted, they will NEVER release the funds. Well, ALMOST never. Some people have had some success by getting an attorney involved. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, you may want to close the account once you have the funds, or a few days after it is clear they are not coming. Or, at least make sure there is NO overdraft protection. Because if Amazon decides to debit your account, you will be out THAT money too. Either that or you leave the bank holding the bag in which case you will find it difficult to get another bank account for a long time.

We have never figured out EXACTLY what triggers deletions, but it looks like Amazon only deletes accounts when they are almost certain a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity is being used, or when they feel confident that it was being used for something illegal, such as selling counterfeits. That does not mean Amazon is always RIGHT, it happens even to innocent users.

And, per their user agreement, they have the right to grab your cash if they, in their sole discretion, feel that the account was obtained under false pretenses or used for any illegal activity. Nice, huh?

GreenBean 12-02-2014 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg2014 (Post 614672)

Anyone had any experience to know if that payment is going to show up in my bank account, or am I SOL?

Mike

With your description, you may well be SOL.

Sorry to be blunt. But others using amazon has had the same happen to them.

Amazon has retained the funds.

Here's the rub: it's in their T&S that they can do what they want.

:pout:

imboxsy 12-02-2014 03:55 AM

Are you committing fraud? This just doesn't add up to me. I have had accounts suspended for being accused of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but they don't ever delete the account. They always just give me the 90 days wait. I cant imagine what you would have to do to have your account deleted.

TonyAlmeida 12-02-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imboxsy (Post 614820)
Are you committing fraud?

Who are you talking about here????

jeffweico 12-02-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imboxsy (Post 614820)
Are you committing fraud? This just doesn't add up to me. I have had accounts suspended for being accused of selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but they don't ever delete the account. They always just give me the 90 days wait. I cant imagine what you would have to do to have your account deleted.

Many of us have had accounts deleted. It does not necessarily mean that fraud is being committed. In many cases, Amazon simply believes that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information was used to open the account.

And we all know that ANY security measures taken tend to affect innocent users as well. If that were not true, then NONE OF US would be here.

imboxsy 12-02-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 614938)
Who are you talking about here????

the OP ....

GreenBean 12-02-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imboxsy (Post 615123)
the OP ....

Try a little tact here.

Since you know nothing of the OP nor the buisness plan, avoid assuming.

:boink:

MICKY H 12-02-2014 08:30 PM

Surely every stealth account is an element of fraud attached to it.

eBay King 12-03-2014 09:05 AM

It's like opening an email account, for example. One doesn't want to use their real details due to privacy concerns, etc...

The way I look at it is that we are all doing a good job, customers are happy, but we are forced to operate under a safety protection shield. :lol:

rsot 12-03-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICKY H (Post 615167)
Surely every stealth account is an element of fraud attached to it.

Hmm opening up a can of worms here :)

Accounts get deleted if there is any hint of problematic activity - way back in 2011, I had accounts go down with no fraudulent sales - only legit activity...was very annoying.

nerecit 12-03-2014 07:43 PM

Well so would reuse bank account trigger it?

imboxsy 12-04-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerecit (Post 615671)
Well so would reuse bank account trigger it?

re using a bank account is like a cardinal sin.

mg2014 12-04-2014 12:39 AM

Thanks for the help. For future reference. The funds hit my account. With a deletion a day after the confirmation email. Hope this helps anyone withe the same question. Yes. The funds will arrive.

imboxsy 12-04-2014 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg2014 (Post 615754)
Thanks for the help. For future reference. The funds hit my account. With a deletion a day after the confirmation email. Hope this helps anyone withe the same question. Yes. The funds will arrive.

:clap::clap:

jeffweico 04-24-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mg2014 (Post 615754)

TAKE OSE FUND OUT IMMEDIATELY! Amazon CAN and DOES attempt to go back and grab funds sometimes. I'm not saying this WILL happen in your case (it does not sound like it) but it COULD HAPPEN.

jeffweico 04-24-2015 01:56 PM

As an FYI, here is the language that allows Amazon to take your funds - forever. It is under "How Do I Get Paid" section...

If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be permanently withheld.

rsot 04-24-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 662765)
As an FYI, here is the language that allows Amazon to take your funds - forever. It is under "How Do I Get Paid" section...

If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be permanently withheld.

Yes - the generic accusation, coverall statement...annoying and "proprietary"