eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon Review question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/80752-amazon-review-question.html)

hulkman 12-15-2014 08:51 PM

Amazon Review question

I got a message from Amazon this morning saying that they were conducting a review of my selling account. It says that for them to complete the review they need invoices for one of the listings I'm selling.

My account is still running though and I am not blocked out of that listing. Do I have to respond back to them? Also if I just buy this item on eBay and sell it on Amazon, can I give them an eBay invoice as proof?

How do I even submit the invoices? It does not say where to send it or anything else. Anyone have any experience with this?

user3657 12-16-2014 02:30 AM

Re: Amazon Review question

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkman (Post 620524)
I got a message from Amazon this morning saying that they were conducting a review of my selling account. It says that for them to complete the review they need invoices for one of the listings I'm selling.

My account is still running though and I am not blocked out of that listing. Do I have to respond back to them? Also if I just buy this item on eBay and sell it on Amazon, can I give them an eBay invoice as proof?

How do I even submit the invoices? It does not say where to send it or anything else. Anyone have any experience with this?

Post the message you got.

rsot 12-16-2014 06:51 AM

A professional letter has worked well but that invoice specific request...what kind of item? Risky potential?

Phd 12-16-2014 07:40 AM

To reply, just do an email reply from the email account you use (say gmail).

Make sure all image downloads etc are turned off.

hulkman 12-16-2014 01:00 PM

This is the email.

Hello,
We are conducting a review of your selling account. To complete our review, we need to verify your inventory of these items:
ASIN: ******
Title: *******
Please reply to this message with this information:
- Copies of receipts or invoices
- Your distributor’s or supplier’s contact information (name, phone number, address, etc.)

You may obscure pricing information on any receipts or invoices you send. We ask that you do not obscure any other portion of these documents.

Account reviews support our commitment to improving the customer experience. These reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders, compliance with our selling policies, and the mutual success of buyers and sellers in the Amazon Marketplace.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com

Its not a high risk item. Its a cell phone. Its obviously authentic but its purchased on eBay. I wonder if that would work as an invoice.

elmo 12-16-2014 01:49 PM

Did you list the phones as "new" or were they "like new"?

hulkman 12-16-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmono (Post 620737)
Did you list the phones as "new" or were they "like new"?

New. Buy them new and sell them new.

user3657 12-16-2014 05:21 PM

Have you sold alot? Maybe they just want to make sure you are able to fulfill the orders?

mufc365 12-16-2014 05:50 PM

Normally they ask for invoices if they consider the items to be counterfeit, like DVDs for instance. I sold quite a lot of mobile phones when my account was under review and never asked for a single invoice. Guess I got lucky then sold mine as used mostly

user3657 12-16-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mufc365 (Post 620840)
Normally they ask for invoices if they consider the items to be counterfeit, like DVDs for instance. I sold quite a lot of mobile phones when my account was under review and never asked for a single invoice. Guess I got lucky then sold mine as used mostly

Yeah but his listing is not blocked and his account is still up

mufc365 12-16-2014 06:05 PM

Yes but it will get suspended if he does not submit the relevant evidence. Sending an ebay invoice is also risky. They like to see a proper wholesaler distributor

hulkman 12-16-2014 06:46 PM

So it seems like a lose lose situation for me. Yes I have sold a lot (relative) but under different listings. Not just that specific one.

mufc365 12-16-2014 06:57 PM

I am not sure if Amazon look at the invoices on face value or actually get them verified.

But always worth a try. When they want an invoice and you don't give it seems like you have something to hide which is more or less likely the death of an account. Sorry to say

user3657 12-16-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkman (Post 620871)
So it seems like a lose lose situation for me. Yes I have sold a lot (relative) but under different listings. Not just that specific one.

So send in the receipts and see what they say.

mufc365 12-17-2014 05:25 AM

Yes send them in otherwise they will just say your account has failed our review process or delete it completely

rsot 12-17-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mufc365 (Post 621018)
Yes send them in otherwise they will just say your account has failed our review process or delete it completely

This kind of request from Amazon is to weed out counterfeits - best to reply quickly, true. eBay invoice will likely not be sufficient - use a legit source

hulkman 12-17-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 621054)
This kind of request from Amazon is to weed out counterfeits - best to reply quickly, true. eBay invoice will likely not be sufficient - use a legit source

I submitted ebay orders for that item that I had purchased the last month. For that specific item I buy it on eBay and sell it on Amazon. What else would I be able to give to them?

hulkman 12-17-2014 07:53 PM

UPDATE

So that worked. Just got an email saying that I was fine to sell that listing, but I was still blocked from a previous listing they blocked me from a few months ago.

rsot 12-17-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hulkman (Post 621241)
UPDATE

So that worked. Just got an email saying that I was fine to sell that listing, but I was still blocked from a previous listing they blocked me from a few months ago.

Wow nice that they accepted the eB info - guess you weren't dealing with a strong suspension - congratz

Gamefreak 12-17-2014 11:48 PM

the ppl that review these documents seem to accept anything looking remotely legit

hulkman 12-18-2014 01:01 AM

I've always wondered how effective photoshops would be?? :juggle:

user3657 12-18-2014 02:03 AM

Nice, glad it worked.