uk seller going to thailand will thai ip address be dangerous for accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Cool uk seller going to thailand will thai ip address be dangerous for accounts

heading of to thailand to do muay thai boxing and i have afew amazon pro seller accounts going and plan to keep selling and have someone from the uk post the items out

does anyone know if there will be any possiblity of being suspended because all of a sudden my ip address is now thailand and not the uk??

is there any uk ip address providers??

or even better is there anyway i can connect to my home uk broadband?? while in thailand and log through amazon accounts like this so the ip address will be the same???

any help info wuld be great on this,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: uk seller going to thailand will thai ip address be dangerous for accounts

An IP suddenly going from UK to Thailand could be susicious but people moves for holidays and so, but... I would not take the risk.

You have several choices to manage your account as if you were in UK.

VPS (Virtual Private Server) is one. Have a look around and see if someone could help you in the marketplace to get one for UK to set-up.

Remote Desktop (or similar) is another one. Your PC at home is switched on and connected to the internet. You access to it and use it (like you were in front of it) from anywhere in the world.

Last edited by ilcarletto; 01-09-2015 at 05:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
johnboyz26 (01-13-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 70%
Default Re: uk seller going to thailand will thai ip address be dangerous for accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyz26 View Post
heading of to thailand to do muay thai boxing and i have afew amazon pro seller accounts going and plan to keep selling and have someone from the uk post the items out

does anyone know if there will be any possiblity of being suspended because all of a sudden my ip address is now thailand and not the uk??

or even better is there anyway i can connect to my home uk broadband?? while in thailand and log through amazon accounts like this so the ip address will be the same???

They wont take any action against you mate. They understand people migrate very often these times. I run my Amazon from abroad all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawidck For This Useful Post:
johnboyz26 (01-13-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawidck View Post
They wont take any action against you mate. They understand people migrate very often these times. I run my Amazon from abroad all the time.
To keep problems to a minimum it is advised though to use an IP that is clean and from the UK if using a UK account.

Why risk it?

123 will be able to help you with the IP issue.
Old 01-09-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
moreover... is he going to use a pubblic WiFi? ...hotel one? Again, I would not put in danger my accounts just for that.
The fact that you operated your amazon account with no issues from abroad, doesn't necessarely mean it is safe.
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
moreover... is he going to use a pubblic WiFi? ...hotel one? Again, I would not put in danger my accounts just for that.
The fact that you operated your amazon account with no issues from abroad, doesn't necessarely mean it is safe.
Of course I can only speak for myself. I travel few times a year to different countries and I have never had any issues on Amazon/Ebay accounts.

I assumed that IP isnt really a significant factor. But, as Callidus said, why risk it..
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:

From my experience it mostly depends on how solid accouts are.
If accounts are few years i used to get phone verification and all was good.
Its good to work from same Laptop or at least build up some cookies before your trip.
If all is new, than for sure its too risky
VPN is another solution, but once again building some cookies is good incase you using different PC at home and for travel
The Following User Says Thank You to tannedweekend For This Useful Post:
johnboyz26 (01-13-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 55%

Buy a decent VPN with a Dedicated IP address you should be fine then

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-13-2015 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Smile Re: uk seller going to thailand will thai ip address be dangerous for accounts

thnak you for the info, i have cyber ghost, but the problem with ip software like this is that nearly all of the ip addresses become blacklisted, its a tough thing to get around, there are program like team viewer, but as i have so many accounts it would mean opening team veiwer in ever different windows account!!!

for VPS?? think its like website hosting almost??? i will get reading!! soo cold over here will be glad to get into bit of sun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
An IP suddenly going from UK to Thailand could be susicious but people moves for holidays and so, but... I would not take the risk.

You have several choices to manage your account as if you were in UK.

VPS (Virtual Private Server) is one. Have a look around and see if someone could help you in the marketplace to get one for UK to set-up.

Remote Desktop (or similar) is another one. Your PC at home is switched on and connected to the internet. You access to it and use it (like you were in front of it) from anywhere in the world.
Old 01-13-2015
Threadstarter  

Smile Re: uk seller going to thailand will thai ip address be dangerous for accounts

whayt about ebay and paypals?? are they ok??? i have read some horror stories about paypal suspsenions with non uk ip addresses??

Quote:
Old 01-13-2015

Quote:
whayt about ebay and paypals?? are they ok??? i have read some horror stories about paypal suspsenions with non uk ip addresses??
Yes pal, i got one Amazon and 4 eBay accounts and I run them with polish ip's.
But dont blame me if they ban you
Old 01-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
GRAVE risks if you just sign in from an unknown IP.

But if you play your cards correctly, you can go away & not have problems.

Your option either of these:

do not sell while you are away.

OR

and this is one I have used. Email paypal/ebay and say you will be overseas for a given time. Ask what you should do about touching your accounts during that time.
They reply and you keep a copy of that email .....

keep in mind you are using ebay/paypal accounts. Only difference is they are stealth. You still can do 'some' normal things.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
johnboyz26 (03-07-2015)
Old 01-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterspike View Post
Buy a decent VPN with a Dedicated IP address you should be fine then, if you need to know of a good one PM me.
VPS is better than VPN but, as usual, cheap overused services should be avoided for safety of account
Old 03-07-2015
Threadstarter  

thanks for all the info!!!
Old 03-07-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Take it from experience, do not use a thai IP. I once used a few stealth accounts with Asian IPs when I was on vacation, caused problems (and I rarely have any problems with my amazon accounts).
Old 03-07-2015

Longevity: 77%

Hi Jonny. Not often I'd recommend a vpn but in this case I'd say it's the best option. If you use 24vc.com (Part owned by a forum member) and use their fresh plan you can have a unique UK IP address that will not get recycled. This will be fine for ebay and Amazon although you'd need multiple accounts of you have more then one Amazon/ebay account. It's also very simple to set up.

I'd stay well away from any IP address outside of the eu if you normally log in with a UK IP. I've heard lots of horror stories with regards to this.

On a side note have you been training in thailand before. I'm seriously thinking about going for a few months and doing this myself.

Last edited by barrycruan; 03-07-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2015

Longevity: 62%

1. you can keep your computer up and set up remote desktop.
2. use 24vc
3.call seller support and have it notated on your account that you will be overseas and you will doing work from abroad.
4. You can shut down your store put in on vacation mode.
5.Have some who knows your business to handle your affairs.
Old 03-07-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine1 View Post
1. you can keep your computer up and set up remote desktop.
2. use 24vc
3.call seller support and have it notated on your account that you will be overseas and you will doing work from abroad.
4. You can shut down your store put in on vacation mode.
5.Have some who knows your business to handle your affairs.
This is very good advice, but I would take out option 3. Rule #1, never call
Old 03-07-2015

Longevity: 62%

Was in thailand 3 weeks ago. I used team viewer to remote into my desktop at home. Worked fine.
Old 03-08-2015

Longevity: 53%

The problem is that the people on this forum have lost accounts, deleted or suspended so view everything with danger. Consider that amazon have millions of sellers around the world. These 99% of sellers would not even give a second thought of logging onto an account from a hotel,airport etc with no problems. Amazon realise that people go on vacation,move or travel on business etc. If the account is solid, good metrics you will have no problems as IP is only factor in the equation. Saying that I run UK and US through a VPN, but De,Fr and Japan on various IP's and never encountered any issues.