Limiting the amount of ASIN's created now.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-06-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Limiting the amount of ASIN's created now..

This week I set up an account to use UPC's I had bought to list my products (I sell a lot of items for low dollar amounts). I got an error with my feed file about listing too many ASIN's(around the 10,000 mark) and they've blocked my creation of ASIN's but not the account. It asked me to file a ticket, which I did. Seller Support, as usual, is worthless and after a week its still not resolved even though they told me it was.

Looks like this may be a new thing we're dealing with. I had originally thought this was a problem with the UPC's I was using but I've now also experienced this on an account I successfully registered with brand registry.

Amazon is making it difficult to do anything these days even as a legit seller.

*sigh* getting tired of the rule changes and seller support having no idea what we're talking about.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Limiting the amount of ASIN's created now..

I would imagine this has been in place a long time, just imagine if every new seller created 10,000 plus new ASIN's, I am surprised you can create that many in the first place.
Old 09-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I can not imagine having 10,000 skews. It is exact opposite my business model.

If they are not all active, have you tried deleting inactive and see if that works?
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (09-08-2015)
Old 09-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Its a brand new limit. In the last year I have opened 15 or more stealth accounts and within the first hours, days, or weeks created over 100,000 products either using UPC's I've purchased or through brand registry. Our business model is to be a "catch all" type of vendor which has worked well for us since we create our own products.
Old 09-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I can not imagine having 10,000 skews. It is exact opposite my business model.

If they are not all active, have you tried deleting inactive and see if that works?
Its blocked. Here is the error we get in our processing report. This is not coming from seller performance. It shows up in the feed processing report. We have roughly 10,000 products processed each time this kicks in this week.

Error 8571:

We have temporarily removed your ability to create new ASINS because an unusually high number of ASINs have been created from your account. However, you can continue to match your products against existing ASINs. Please refer to the ASIN Creation Policy page for more information on how to avoid receiving this error message. If you believe your creation privileges have been removed in error, please contact Seller Support by using the following link: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/contact-us.
Old 09-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarca18 View Post
Its a brand new limit. In the last year I have opened 15 or more stealth accounts and within the first hours, days, or weeks created over 100,000 products either using UPC's I've purchased or through brand registry. Our business model is to be a "catch all" type of vendor which has worked well for us since we create our own products.
100,000 products NOT already listed on Amazon.com?

Something fishy going on here.....
Old 09-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
100,000 products NOT already listed on Amazon.com?

Something fishy going on here.....
Private branding generic items. Nothing fishy at all.
Old 09-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Private branding generic items. Nothing fishy at all.
100,000+ x15?

That's over 150,0000 items.

Sell it on eBay. People like this clog up Amazons search results. It's crap for sellers AND buyers.
Old 09-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

I believe he was saying 10,000 items per account.
I can not wrap my head around that BUT to each there own.

I have plenty of custom products, own brands and sometimes private label a generic item on multiple upc for better visibility or duplicate visibility BUT I can not imagine 10,000 skews
Old 09-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I believe he was saying 10,000 items per account.
I can not wrap my head around that BUT to each there own.

I have plenty of custom products, own brands and sometimes private label a generic item on multiple upc for better visibility or duplicate visibility BUT I can not imagine 10,000 skews
That's what I'm saying.

I highly doubt ANYONE on this forum is doing THAT much custom products.

If they are, they really need their own websites, not Amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (10-20-2015)
Old 09-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

always use ebay and amazon. Look at Target, best buy, under Armour, etc....
Old 09-09-2015

Longevity: 53%

Same here guys, I cannot believe someone has 10,000 generic items of there own and all unique to amazon. No wonder amazon blocks this ability to create so many ASIN's, get a 1000 customers doing this, just imagine the data storage etc and how many of these ASIN's will ever be used again as amazon certainly don't delete them once created.
Old 09-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking The Micky View Post
Same here guys, I cannot believe someone has 10,000 generic items of there own and all unique to amazon. No wonder amazon blocks this ability to create so many ASIN's, get a 1000 customers doing this, just imagine the data storage etc and how many of these ASIN's will ever be used again as amazon certainly don't delete them once created.
My point exactly.
Old 10-20-2015

Longevity: 49%

guitarca18, did you figure out the Amazon listing limitation yet?

I would assume it's 10,000 or less per 24 hours, etc. It's been 25 hours and we still can not create new items.

I'll let you know what I figure out, had our first limitation for creating ASIN today, we are a new account, blending other stores/products give us about 80,000 skus (about 50,000 will be new ASIN) but can not list them currently due to this limitation.
The Following User Says Thank You to img For This Useful Post:
guitarca18 (10-23-2015)
Old 10-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
guitarca18, did you figure out the Amazon listing limitation yet?

I would assume it's 10,000 or less per 24 hours, etc. It's been 25 hours and we still can not create new items.

I'll let you know what I figure out, had our first limitation for creating ASIN today, we are a new account, blending other stores/products give us about 80,000 skus (about 50,000 will be new ASIN) but can not list them currently due to this limitation.
Stop clogging amazon with your generic garbage.

Amazon has the largest cataloger of any online retailer. List under existing ASINS.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
jamadaia (10-22-2015), newjerseymax (10-20-2015), ovidiu (10-20-2015), Phd (10-20-2015)
Old 10-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Stop clogging amazon with your generic garbage.

Amazon has the largest cataloger of any online retailer. List under existing ASINS.

^THIS
Old 10-20-2015

Thanks, any information from someone who actually runs a legitimate Amazon business though and knows private label and custom products?
Old 10-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks, any information from someone who actually runs a legitimate Amazon business though and knows private label and custom products?
Yes, I run a legitimate Amazon business. I've been selling on Amazon for over 5 years....and as I said, when you clog Amazon with garbage, it makes it harder for buyers AND sellers.....LIST UNDER EXISTING ASINS! Stop making duplicates...it just clogs the search results and makes your items get less views.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015

That's good to hear, I like to think I also run a legitimate Amazon business among others, and work with a co-op of over 20 who do the same. I've only been on for 12 years though. I've also worked 3 years for Amazon in seller support.

If you do not have anything relevant to add GhostOfAmazon, please refrain from forcing your assumptions if not relevant to the question. You seem to have a history of blurting out anger towards others on this forum. Sometimes it's well placed =), others, just please give it up. I do however agree with you on those who clog up Amazon with duplicates, etc.

I can't help but notice the over 217,000 reasons we have every month (average) to do what we do, plus around 8,000 new customers every month we get through Amazon as proof we are doing what we should. But that has only been our average the last 3 years per month. Previously we have had up to 500,000 reasons a month. Those reasons triple in Nov - January though.

Ever heard of private label, branding, customization, spreadout through all categories. That's what we do, VERY successfully and 70% of the time we are the creators for listings that others list on.

In other words, 70% of the time, if it wasn't for us (over the last 12 years) there would be no other ASIN to list for many items.

How have you created to the growth of Amazon and it's third party sellers? One can NOT list under an ASIN for new products, or old ones, if it was not created in the first place.
The Following User Says Thank You to img For This Useful Post:
guitarca18 (10-23-2015)
Old 10-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Don't expect Amazon to change their policies. Everyone seems to have the idea that rather than competing on price, buy some UPC codes and use a name you created in order to create your own "brand name" listings for generic products.

The problem with this is that Amazon does not like it. It is deceptive and anti-competitive. And I have seen these types of listings. You find 20 of them with the same pictures and descriptions, but all with different "brand names" each created by a seller who had the same brilliant idea you did.

This is an idea whose time has passed. Once something gets old like this, it no longer works. This is the beginning of the end for this idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (10-22-2015), img (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015

To help anyone following the original thread, and to answer a few private questions all in one.

We did get this figured out for those who are interested, as long as you are an established seller (usually 500+ positive feedbacks in 6 months with a 98.6% or higher rating) you can contact Amazon directly and get this lifted. We called our Amazon representative, when you do over $100,000 a month for 6 months we either get assigned, or ask to get a high level account representative who is our go to person.

It also helps if you own brands and are a private label and have a website to show proof of your products.

Also, we have been creating listings for Amazon for 12 years and in many cases are the first to create it for a company or manufacturer and encourage others to list on it. Every little change also requires a new listing as well. Some items are revised every few months or weeks. We believe the best will survive through customer service, quality assurance, etc. What we've seen in 12 years is that many hundreds and thousands "jump" on listings we created, but most fail within 3 months, the rest in 6, and about 95% within 2 years so this is no worry for us. 5% stick it through after 2 years is what we see.

But imagine how many new products come out internationally every day, and variations. A T-Shirt, 4 sizes, 10 different colors with 50 different logos as an example of one of our highest ASIN "munchers" as we call it. But it's in the multiple thousands per day. On Amazon, the fact that they require a UPC/EAN and an assigned ASIN for every item is good, and a flaw.

For what it's worth, there are some trolls on here who will comment to this negatively, they think they know otherwise, better, are jealous, and have to give their opinion which in many cases is wrong or ill intended. We just wish the success of everyone and may the best person win. The information we have is available to all who seek it and persevere. There is no secret to success, except learning every day and being open to change. Personally, I really like winning over the long term and our strategies are based on permanent growth and longevity and have worked to the point where no one in our company ever needs to work again, many have retired, the rest like me do it for fun now. But for some of us, our families and kids will never have to work again. I think that's a good thing.

Last edited by img; 10-21-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
To help anyone following the original thread, and to answer a few private questions all in one.

We did get this figured out for those who are interested, as long as you are an established seller (usually 500+ positive feedbacks in 6 months with a 98.6% or higher rating) you can contact Amazon directly and get this lifted. We called our Amazon representative, when you do over $100,000 a month for 6 months we either get assigned, or ask to get a high level account representative who is our go to person.

It also helps if you own brands and are a private label and have a website to show proof of your products.

Also, we have been creating listings for Amazon for 12 years and in many cases are the first to create it for a company or manufacturer and encourage others to list on it. Every little change also requires a new listing as well. Some items are revised every few months or weeks. We believe the best will survive through customer service, quality assurance, etc. What we've seen in 12 years is that many hundreds and thousands "jump" on listings we created, but most fail within 3 months, the rest in 6, and about 95% within 2 years so this is no worry for us. 5% stick it through after 2 years is what we see.

But imagine how many new products come out internationally every day, and variations. A T-Shirt, 4 sizes, 10 different colors with 50 different logos as an example of one of our highest ASIN "munchers" as we call it. But it's in the multiple thousands per day. On Amazon, the fact that they require a UPC/EAN and an assigned ASIN for every item is good, and a flaw.

For what it's worth, there are some trolls on here who will comment to this negatively, they think they know otherwise, better, are jealous, and have to give their opinion which in many cases is wrong or ill intended. We just wish the success of everyone and may the best person win. The information we have is available to all who seek it and persevere. There is no secret to success, except learning every day and being open to change. Personally, I really like winning over the long term and our strategies are based on permanent growth and longevity and have worked to the point where no one in our company ever needs to work again, many have retired, the rest like me do it for fun now. But for some of us, our families and kids will never have to work again. I think that's a good thing.
I smell bull****...and it STINKS!

If you are so successful, making hundreds of thousands and selling since the dawn of man, and you have your own personal account manager.....why in gods name would you EVER go to a forum dedicated to helping people BANNED by Amazon for help?

Your humble brag is cute, but no one here is buying it. Try Blackhat forums...they love catering to people like you.