Questions on creating an LLC/EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Questions on creating an LLC/EIN

Hi all, I have a few questions about forming an LLC on my individual Amazon seller account when I am nearing the 50 sales per calendar year mark.

Does creating an LLC with the business address being that of your home address have an tax (or other) implications on the owner of the home?

When using LegalZoom, do I need to pay the extra ~45 for them to obtain the EIN for the registered LLC or can I do that myself through IRS.gov?

If I move in the next year, will I need to re-register my LLC in the state I move to? Or can I keep the business address the same assuming I still have family living in the previous home?

If anyone is very familiar with this process and the requirements Amazon needs, I would like to pm them if they have time to talk! Thanks so much guys!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2015

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: Questions on creating an LLC/EIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVMay View Post
Hi all, I have a few questions about forming an LLC on my individual Amazon seller account when I am nearing the 50 sales per calendar year mark.

Does creating an LLC with the business address being that of your home address have an tax (or other) implications on the owner of the home?

When using LegalZoom, do I need to pay the extra ~45 for them to obtain the EIN for the registered LLC or can I do that myself through IRS.gov?

If I move in the next year, will I need to re-register my LLC in the state I move to? Or can I keep the business address the same assuming I still have family living in the previous home?

If anyone is very familiar with this process and the requirements Amazon needs, I would like to pm them if they have time to talk! Thanks so much guys!
If you are a renter, even an owner of a house, running any kind of business (including LLC), has nothing to do with "property taxes" which are collected by the county based on the value of the house. IRS on the other hand, deals with income tax. So the answer to your question is a NO implication

Armed with LLC or any other entity you have, you go into a 10 minutes online interview on the IRS website to establish an EIN number. try to make it during the day, as the EIN may sometimes be closed during the evening/nights. I have no explanation as to why!

Depending on your state (and your own wishes), you can keep the LLC forever even if you move to the North Pole. It is a decision you have to make whether you need to file a new LLC or channel back the revenues through your old state LLC
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonAMust For This Useful Post:
DVMay (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Questions on creating an LLC/EIN

I will add: You do NOT have to register your LLC in the state you reside in!

There are MANY advantages to registering OUTSIDE your home state. For example, over 50% of Fortune 500 companies are registered in Delaware. Check out their corporate laws....VERY favorable to businesses!