how many copyright warnings allowed before they shut you down - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default how many copyright warnings allowed before they shut you down

I am not sure if anyone knows the answer. I sell items on Amazon US with high risk of receiving copyright warnings. Every warning we got was fraudulent but Amazon does not care. Amazon just asks us to contact the person (normally they provided amazon with a free email account). There is no way we could get these evil competitors to withdraw their fraudulent complaint. Holiday season is coming and competitors are getting really nasty.
I am wondering how many warnings (copyright infringement) you are allowed before amazon shuts you down? I heard people say 4 warnings in 3 months will get you shut down. Is it true? Is there any way to stop these people from filing fraudulent complaints?
Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2015

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: how many copyright warnings allowed before they shut you down

4 warnings in 3 months is about right. No way to stop these complaints. If your items are real then you need to get out in front of these complaints and let amazon know your items are not counterfeit. manufactured invoices and proof of purchase is the best way to show your items are on the up and up. If your items are real then the truth shall set you free.
The Following User Says Thank You to mad555 For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (11-05-2015)
Old 11-04-2015
Threadstarter  

these are generic items. basically some competitors will just jump out and say they own copyright on this item. then you get blocked. they do not have any proof and nothing and they will not respond to your email at all.
for example you sell a phone case with your own dog's image on it. another seller will tell amazon that they own the image of this dog without any proof. then amazon asks you to contact him to resolve the issue. of course, this person will never reply. now your item is blocked and you get a warning.
how to get these f*#$ers stop doing what they are doing? I know who they are as a seller but I am trying not to do the same thing they are doing to them.
Old 11-04-2015

Longevity: 65%

I think I understand what you are saying. If you are listing you item on their product then they will usually complain. The best way to not have this happen is to create your own product. Also contact amazon on the phone to let them know about this issue and be specific about items, sellers, etc.
Old 11-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad555 View Post
I think I understand what you are saying. If you are listing you item on their product then they will usually complain. The best way to not have this happen is to create your own product. Also contact amazon on the phone to let them know about this issue and be specific about items, sellers, etc.
no its my own item, totally not related, not under their item neither. different brand different everything. these shameless men just claim they own either design or picture or anything else to get your item pulled.
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

You may want to tell those doing this that it is a CRIME under the DMCA act to knowingly and falsely claim copyright and request a takedown of someone's material.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (11-05-2015)
Old 11-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
You may want to tell those doing this that it is a CRIME under the DMCA act to knowingly and falsely claim copyright and request a takedown of someone's material.
I guess they know it already and still do it behind a computer. I don't think scare tactics really work. and the thing is Amazon does NOT care if the claim is legit or not.
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Not everyone knows, and it might scare them off. Have you tried? "Behind a computer" doesn't mean they're anonymous; far from it.
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Did you try buying one of their expensive items and claiming it arrived empty? Or claim damaged then send it back with tire marks all over it? That works for me almost every time...at least that (pre buy) threat works if you word it right using a third person or something to dilute your threat if they report it..
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I agree it is getting nasty way sooner then usual...

When at the top everyone trying to knock you down....

I recently had a competitor buy an item and open a case claim it was Phake, dummy bought it with his seller account. However, I was one step ahead and actually bought it direct from manufacture and had them ship it directly.

I uploaded the invoice and letter from manufacture into the case and within hours they were banned and case was gone like it never existed.

Snakes in the grass everywhere!
Old 11-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Usually, only those thugs at the top have enough time and resources to actually mess with other sellers; the rest of us vent and speculate about doing it on here but don't usually follow through. Some people can just never have enough.
Old 11-05-2015

Longevity: 57%

So basically Amazon just looked back for about 3 months to see if we had any warning of Intellectual Property, no further?

It sounds weird to me but I hope it's true
Old 11-05-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fke View Post
no its my own item, totally not related, not under their item neither. different brand different everything. these shameless men just claim they own either design or picture or anything else to get your item pulled.
Usually Amazon will ask for proof of Copyright (original artwork, publishing date, etc.) how can other sellers claim they own copyright if the designs are yours? Sorry I'm a bit confused here
Old 11-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

4 complaints on an account will kill it. Not sure if theres a certain timeframe or not, but 4 complaints in 3 months will DEFINITELY kill an account.
Old 11-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
4 complaints on an account will kill it. Not sure if theres a certain timeframe or not, but 4 complaints in 3 months will DEFINITELY kill an account.
The man of experience, but no proof.

You claim the goods are yours, have you licensed them, copyrighted/patented them. If not your never going to stop this as you cannot prove the goods are legally yours.

Last edited by Taking The Micky; 11-05-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Closed Thread