Order defect rate high but account health is still good? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-15-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Order defect rate high but account health is still good?

So my Order defect rate is currently 1.22 which concerns me and I'm trying to get that down. I received what I assume is an automated email this morning saying I need to watch my order defect rate or they may stop me selling.

However I still have a green tick next to order defect rate and my account health is still "good" rather than "poor", does that mean my account is not as bad as I fear or am I in real trouble?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2016

Longevity: 80%
Default Re: Order defect rate high but account health is still good?

Is ODR 1.22% short term or long term?

If am fairly sure that the box stays green if ODR is short term, not long term.

Having an ODR over 1% puts your account at a huge risk, AZ will take away your buy box making it harder to get sales to dilute the ODR.

I would consider looking to see if you can get any negs removed first. If not, i would send a load of cheap items to FBA to dilute the ODR>
Old 08-15-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Short term is 1.22 and long terjm is 0.98 so it's not far off, I'm very worried! Everything else is fine.

I thought about doing that for FBA but that would only affect FBA but my problem is with seller fulfilled.

I've already sent out a bunch of emails to customers who have left bad feedback but have got zero response.

It's extremely frustrating as I think it's mainly down to bad feedback which people seem to have left for unfair reasons. I had one guy leave a glowing review but only gave me a two which I don;t understand.
Old 08-15-2016

Once your long term tips over 1% the tick will go red.

FBA order count towards orders included in the ODR. We actually keep around 1000 units of fast selling cheap items in FBA, if and when we get a defect, then we just drop the price on this item, get the buy box, sell around 100 units and dilute the ODR.

You should be able to get some of the negatives removed. I would offer refunds/partial refunds to customers in order to get negs removed. We have a 100% success rate getting them removed by contacting the customer, usually via phone.
Old 08-15-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

OK I appreciate the advice but surely FBA sales and feedback will affect me if the problem is fulfilled by merchant or will it? I have a load of FBA items I can sell off cheap now if it's going to work.

I've already sent emails to all of them offering refunds for feedback removal but have no response. I'm tempted to ring them.

I've just gone through the Amazon system for getting unfair feedback removed and to my suprise they have removed two so that's something at least.

If my ODR goes red will my account get immediately banned?
Old 08-15-2016

FBA orders count towards total orders - so yes selling FBA stock will dilute.. depends if you can still get the buy box though as your ODR is over 1% short term.

ODR going red doesn't mean you will get instant ban. Depends on age and history of account. Worst case scenario you will get suspended and asked for action plan to ensure ODR doesn't go over 1% again. But if I were you, i would work on getting negs removed - if you can get them removed, the ODR will usually update the next day or two to reflect the removed defect.
Old 08-15-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

OK good advice. I'll let you know how I get on, I'll carry on trying to get feedback removed and I'll sell off a bunch of cheap FBA items.
Old 08-15-2016

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Once your long term tips over 1% the tick will go red.

FBA order count towards orders included in the ODR. We actually keep around 1000 units of fast selling cheap items in FBA, if and when we get a defect, then we just drop the price on this item, get the buy box, sell around 100 units and dilute the ODR.

You should be able to get some of the negatives removed. I would offer refunds/partial refunds to customers in order to get negs removed. We have a 100% success rate getting them removed by contacting the customer, usually via phone.
Over 1% will not drop it into red. Over 1.2/1.25% you tend to drop into yellow and over 1.5% you will drop into red.
Anything above 1.2% can lead to suspension but then again, I've had accounts over 2% and still not been suspended. Able to dilute the ODR back down and get out of danger.
Old 08-15-2016
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well that makes me feel a little better. I'm surprised out how many requests to remove feedback have worked for me today actually so I'm hoping that will bring the figure down anyway.