why did i get suspended and will ebay link my two accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU eBay Suspensions

Old 08-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default why did i get suspended and will ebay link my two accounts?

Hi everyone,

I had a 18month old powerseller account with all 100% legit information. I stupidly answered a spoof ebay and gave my details, so was suspended about 4 months ago for safety concerns. faxed in all documents and got reinstated - everything good, 100% feedback, no selling of any vero items- just handmade jewellery and old clothing.

I log in last week and bam - suspended under section 9! called live help, powerseller line, and all trust and safety say is my account will remain closed due to concern for the safety of the ebay community? what the???

I have 2nd account linked to this account (same details, same paypal etc) that was suspended for 'safety' concerns ( no vero items, just old clothing) that i can apply for reinstatemeny - should i even bother? i just want to get rid of stock i have on hand.

I followed eBay Stealth to the T, and had a 2nd account made up - all going well for 2 months, paypal verified with correct info ( just my PO box address not home address) and bam that got shut down for section 9.

What is going on? What is the next step i should do? to sell in australia you need to offer paypal - no alternatives..

any help would be appreciated as i have already read and followed eBay Stealth..

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

changed your ip address and cleared all cookies/flash cookies?
Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

philly, read the OP's other posts. ebay australia would appear to have given really bad advice. i would reckon as you say cookies and flash cookies never cleared.
Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I didn't know they had other posts...now that I look at them, my guess would be cookies or possibly getting the same ip address.
Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Kateiva
That final account must have been linked if the cookies/flash cookies were not cleared and the IP must be a factor as well. What system do you operate with for ebay? Likely the separate accounts are not set correctly on your computer.
Old 08-19-2008
Threadstarter  

hi. i have separate windows vista user accounts for every ebay account i have. so no i dont clear cookies or cache every time.

i log onto one account, use it. log off. log onto different ebay user. then connect using the same modem ( wireless modem )

Ip address is different each time.

I am not getting connected to a suspended user - just section 9 ??
Old 08-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

section 9 from ebay australia usually comes with a MC081 notice. Have you that? This may therefore be another problem. Any chance you can download the ebay email?

Also, I am not 100% sure that vista is OK to have these user accounts. Most
user here have Firefox, IE7 and Mac. Just another thought

Last edited by GreenBean; 08-19-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2008
Threadstarter  

hm.. i tried the youtube changing settings to see if its flash cookies and they seem to be kept separate.. just odd that both accounts with legit information got canned.. esp the powerseller one..

the notice i got read: MC183 CIT NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - S...
Old 08-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

Hi Katieva
Yes, I had the same thing happen to me, just last night!! Grr! I am in Australia. I have two separate eBay accounts, nothing linking them as far as any information. They have separate Paypal accounts also, no information the same. However, I have not used separate Windows user accounts but I have slavishly used Objection (removes flash cookies) and cleared private data using Firefox as my browser each time. Now the interesting part. I have recorded my IP each time I log on to eBay. I use a different IP each time I log on. I have a Telstra 3G network Mobile Broadband USB dongle which connects as a different IP address each time I connect. Perhaps that is the problem - Section 9 suspensions talk about verification - "As per clause 9 of the eBay User Agreement, we may take this action if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide us." I have a gut feeling that using Objection to have no flash cookies may be the thing that brought me undone. I will go to separate user accounts next time, without getting rid of the flash cookies all the time. Given the careful use of different IP's on each of the 2 accounts, I am not sure how eBay could have linked them, other than some listings very similar re graphics and goods sold. The other thing is that both of my eBay accounts have an IP address not in my area. One is a different city on the eastern seaboard, and the other is actually Overseas! They were both suspended at the same time and with the same Section 9 quoted about verifying the information. Therefore, it is my belief that deleting flash cookies is probably not a good idea. However, if one is going to go down that road, one should use separate Windows User accounts for each ebay account, and then one will have flash cookies relative to each account. However, one of the things I was thinking is that if the IP address used is not "of the area" of the address information provided, would that be something that would be flagged by eBay's "verification" system?
All comments welcome! I am a new poster!