PayPal Issues - - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 06-16-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default PayPal Issues -

Hey everyone! Thought I would post my story and see if anyone has had a similar situation to what I am going through because I am looking for serious help.

About 2 months ago I sold a Mac laptop on Ebay (listed as used with a small crack on the side of the bottom housing, all very obvious in images and listing) for $600. The buyer asked questions and then eventually won it. I sent it to him, thought all was fine because I did not hear anything for 2 weeks.

I got payment via Paypal, withdrew the funds into my bank account and paid off some text book loans at uni. 3 weeks after he got the laptop he started messaging me on eBay saying I need to send him $300 to fix the crack on the laptop, even though I said in the listing the crack needed repairs and I would not fund it but Apple told me the repair cost is no more than $130.

I responded and said sorry that was not part of the listing and I can't help him. He then send me an abusive message and asked to send him $600 and there was now issues with the screen which did not exist when I sent, I again politely declined.

Then he send a final message abusing me again and demanding I send him $900 and then brings up issues like the laptop won't even turn on and the screen is cracked everywhere and it will not charge...3 messages later and he did not immediately bring up this problem which leads me to believe he caused it. I did not respond and contacted eBay customer support and they suspended his account due to the harrassment towards me. I thought it was all over but then he opened a paypal dispute.

I am not happy about this, I sent paypal screenshots of all the messaging that happened via eBay and explained the inconsistencies with his descriptions of the actual problem with the item and how he has asked for different amounts of money time and time again. I also explained I did not want to do a refund because I think he has caused further damage and he is making up different stories as to the problem, I don't want to get back a bad laptop that won't work and is screwed up.

Now paypal has not responded yet, it was been 12 days now and it is 'being reviewed by paypal', all in this time my account has a negative balance of $500+. I have been reading around, and while I should not have to refund this for several reasons many people seem to have stories how paypal NEVER refuse a refund no matter what.

I am concerned and worried they are going to force a refund, and I don't want to pay off the negative balance if they do so if I get a bad laptop back. So..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!