eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   AU PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/)
-   -   21-day hold on a 6 month old acc, eBay Top Rated Seller (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/au-paypal-talk/54658-21-day-hold-6-month-old-acc-ebay-top-rated-seller.html)

westcoast_d 12-27-2012 12:29 PM

21-day hold on a 6 month old acc, eBay Top Rated Seller
 
Ok, so I had no holds since the start of this account. Now the account is almost 7 month old with close to 200 feedbacks & 100% positive. Also just got rewarded Top Rated Seller. But last week, the PayPal acc has been placed with 21 day hold, and there is over $3,000 been put on hold now.

I want to know if this is normal and what's the best way to get the hold lifted?

Thanks!

JJGold 12-27-2012 12:38 PM

I've had a similar situation where out of the blue PayPal places the hold. I didn't do anything differently, just head down, ship fast, upload tracking and 6 weeks down the road it was lifted.

GhostWhoWalks 12-27-2012 12:39 PM

I had a 21 day hold put on it for low selling rating on the 5 star or too many cases opened all at once.

Best thing to do is to contact them, and ask over the phone! They lift the hold once you met the requirements.

Oh and I had this put on my account after 15 months and the account being 3 years old. And then it was gone was only for a month. IF you got low selling rating they think you are ripping off customers so they hold that money in case there is fraud! So that people don't get scammed.

But do give them a call and have all the information ready when they ask you to verify you over the phone. Let us know why it got put on hold so everyone else can learn from you.

GhostWhoWalks 12-27-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJGold (Post 404651)
I've had a similar situation where out of the blue PayPal places the hold. I didn't do anything differently, just head down, ship fast, upload tracking and 6 weeks down the road it was lifted.

Your seller rating must of went better in the last 30 days. Also check out seller dashboard too see how you are doing.

rockitaway 12-27-2012 07:00 PM

This hold is a bummer, but not necessarily the death of the account, as they are not looking for more detailed information from you. I have had this hold, and it was removed once I sped up my shipping times, and my positive feedback ratios increased.

westcoast_d 12-27-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJGold (Post 404651)
I've had a similar situation where out of the blue PayPal places the hold. I didn't do anything differently, just head down, ship fast, upload tracking and 6 weeks down the road it was lifted.

I always ship within one day, and upload tracking. The hold has been put on for a week now, and already holded $3500. It is ridiculous.

westcoast_d 12-27-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks (Post 404652)
I had a 21 day hold put on it for low selling rating on the 5 star or too many cases opened all at once.

Best thing to do is to contact them, and ask over the phone! They lift the hold once you met the requirements.

Oh and I had this put on my account after 15 months and the account being 3 years old. And then it was gone was only for a month. IF you got low selling rating they think you are ripping off customers so they hold that money in case there is fraud! So that people don't get scammed.

But do give them a call and have all the information ready when they ask you to verify you over the phone. Let us know why it got put on hold so everyone else can learn from you.

I have 100% positive feedback with no low DSR. Had 1 PayPal case in the last 7 month. This account is really as perfect as it can be. I'm just going to wait for 1 more week, and if it's still there, I'll give them a buzz.

zoneout 12-27-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoast_d (Post 404649)
Ok, so I had no holds since the start of this account. Now the account is almost 7 month old with close to 200 feedbacks & 100% positive. Also just got rewarded Top Rated Seller. But last week, the PayPal acc has been placed with 21 day hold, and there is over $3,000 been put on hold now.

I want to know if this is normal and what's the best way to get the hold lifted?

Thanks!

Normal is whatever new policies eb/pp dream up this month... Its a moving target hence you never know when they feel like boot your ass out the door. It sounds like you had 3 bad feedbacks in a week- they will throw the 21 day hold on you and place below standard status on your account. It's only a matter of time before you can kiss this acct goodbye. Beat them to the punch and start making some stealthy now before its too late.

westcoast_d 12-27-2012 09:45 PM

What????? I said I got 100% positive feedback and no low DSR either.

Also I'm Top Rated Seller not below standard.

zoneout 12-27-2012 09:47 PM

No neutrals???

westcoast_d 12-27-2012 09:49 PM

Nope. This acc is really as perfect as it can be, selling limit been lift to $62,000 today as well.

zoneout 12-27-2012 09:54 PM

Well the bots have picked up on something risky - have you introduced a new product recently that could be considered risky? Either that or somebody has lodged a complaint against you with the Trust and Safety dept.

GreenBean 12-28-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 404789)
Normal is whatever new policies eb/pp dream up this month... Its a moving target hence you never know when they feel like boot your ass out the door. It sounds like you had 3 bad feedbacks in a week- they will throw the 21 day hold on you and place below standard status on your account. It's only a matter of time before you can kiss this acct goodbye. Beat them to the punch and start making some stealthy now before its too late.

Are you even reading what is posted by the OP?????????????????

Re-read the posts. One claim & nothing the OP is aware of ( as yet) to cause this. Making new accounts was not quite the advice wanted.
Sighs.

zoneout 12-28-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 404807)
Are you even reading what is posted by the OP?????????????????

Re-read the posts. One claim & nothing the OP is aware of ( as yet) to cause this. Making new accounts was not quite the advice wanted.
Sighs.

If OP doesn't know what is wrong with his "perfect" acct, how are we supposed to know? I stand by my advice to be proactive and create some stealth accts just in case. The 21-day hold is usually for under-performing accts or risky activity. The only way he is going to be able to get to the bottom of this is to call eBay - not have people guessing on a forum.

GreenBean 12-28-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 404811)
If OP doesn't know what is wrong with his "perfect" acct, how are we supposed to know? I stand by my advice to be proactive and create some stealth accts just in case. The 21-day hold is usually for under-performing accts or risky activity. The only way he is going to be able to get to the bottom of this is to call eBay - not have people guessing on a forum.

Hmmm

BTW, OP will get better luck calling paypal for a 21 day hold than ebay.

At least for Australia, that is.

:peace:

zoneout 12-28-2012 02:04 AM

I looked at the OPs other threads and he posted about having been reported by LTC advisor for a listing that was then removed and also did some logging in from abroad whilst traveling. Both can be considered risky by eb and will flag even a trs account. Not sure if that activity was on the same acct he is discussing here but shows some risky activity nonetheless.

It is eb that instructs pp to start placing 21-day holds. So pp might not know the exact reason the holds are being placed. First time it happened to me I called pp and they forwarded me to eb CS to get the reason... But like you said it might differ in AU.

Cheers

rsot 12-28-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoast_d (Post 404649)
Ok, so I had no holds since the start of this account. Now the account is almost 7 month old with close to 200 feedbacks & 100% positive. Also just got rewarded Top Rated Seller. But last week, the PayPal acc has been placed with 21 day hold, and there is over $3,000 been put on hold now.

I want to know if this is normal and what's the best way to get the hold lifted?

Thanks!

I will only comment on this. A hold can be placed on an account at ANY time - there is something about your operations that caused a flag - could also be too many buyers using potentially problematic payment sources (which is beyond your control).

Best way is to keep operating CLEANLY, providing tracking and waiting patiently. You could call up PP but you are risking being hit with ID verification.

GhostWhoWalks 12-28-2012 11:44 AM

I don't get it why do you guys have limits of $62,000??? I got no limit on my account I posted 295 auctions, with 1,000 items on stock. And my stuff showed at like over $5 million + No limits! I don't get it.

Elijah 12-28-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 404819)
It is eb that instructs pp to start placing 21-day holds. So pp might not know the exact reason the holds are being placed. First time it happened to me I called pp and they forwarded me to eb CS to get the reason... But like you said it might differ in AU.

Cheers

That is only true for the initial 21 day hold, the one that you get before 90 days have passed since your first sale, which eBay automatically tells PayPal to drop after that time... if the hold comes back after that, it is because Paypal decided that it should added back, on their own accord this time. So PayPal would be the one to contact.

westcoast_d 12-29-2012 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 404879)
I will only comment on this. A hold can be placed on an account at ANY time - there is something about your operations that caused a flag - could also be too many buyers using potentially problematic payment sources (which is beyond your control).

Best way is to keep operating CLEANLY, providing tracking and waiting patiently. You could call up PP but you are risking being hit with ID verification.

too many buyers using potentially problematic payment sources

If this is what could cause a 21-day hold, it has to be it. I have had around 10 unauthorized or payment review in the past 2 weeks. Total value excess $3000 dollars.

I did call PayPal yesterday, and this hopeless guy told me PayPal has nothing to do with the hold, it is instructed by eBay & PayPal will "never" hold it's customer's money :smash:. So I got transferred to eBay, after about 30 mins of explain and hold, the representative said the hold is made by PayPal not eBay, so I got transferred back to PayPal. And the last person helped me still couldn't tell me the reason of the hold. But told me the hold is no longer in place?? I hasn't sold anything yet so can't really verify that, but calling PayPal is really just waste of time, they have got the worst customer service ever.

westcoast_d 12-31-2012 09:35 PM

I sold another item today on the US site. And the freaking 21-day hold is still there!! These PayPal representative is full of ****.

rsot 01-01-2013 09:01 AM

As long as you dont need the money right away...your items arent problematic...and you ship quickly, 21-day hold is tolerable. Have to deal with it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58