21-day hold on a 6 month old acc, eBay Top Rated Seller - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 12-27-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default 21-day hold on a 6 month old acc, eBay Top Rated Seller

Ok, so I had no holds since the start of this account. Now the account is almost 7 month old with close to 200 feedbacks & 100% positive. Also just got rewarded Top Rated Seller. But last week, the PayPal acc has been placed with 21 day hold, and there is over $3,000 been put on hold now.

I want to know if this is normal and what's the best way to get the hold lifted?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

I've had a similar situation where out of the blue PayPal places the hold. I didn't do anything differently, just head down, ship fast, upload tracking and 6 weeks down the road it was lifted.
The Following User Says Thank You to JJGold For This Useful Post:
GreenGhost (12-27-2012)
Old 12-27-2012
Banned

Longevity: 66%

I had a 21 day hold put on it for low selling rating on the 5 star or too many cases opened all at once.

Best thing to do is to contact them, and ask over the phone! They lift the hold once you met the requirements.

Oh and I had this put on my account after 15 months and the account being 3 years old. And then it was gone was only for a month. IF you got low selling rating they think you are ripping off customers so they hold that money in case there is fraud! So that people don't get scammed.

But do give them a call and have all the information ready when they ask you to verify you over the phone. Let us know why it got put on hold so everyone else can learn from you.
Old 12-27-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGold View Post
I've had a similar situation where out of the blue PayPal places the hold. I didn't do anything differently, just head down, ship fast, upload tracking and 6 weeks down the road it was lifted.
Your seller rating must of went better in the last 30 days. Also check out seller dashboard too see how you are doing.
Old 12-27-2012

Longevity: 72%

This hold is a bummer, but not necessarily the death of the account, as they are not looking for more detailed information from you. I have had this hold, and it was removed once I sped up my shipping times, and my positive feedback ratios increased.
Old 12-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGold View Post
I always ship within one day, and upload tracking. The hold has been put on for a week now, and already holded $3500. It is ridiculous.
Old 12-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWhoWalks View Post
I had a 21 day hold put on it for low selling rating on the 5 star or too many cases opened all at once.

Best thing to do is to contact them, and ask over the phone! They lift the hold once you met the requirements.

Oh and I had this put on my account after 15 months and the account being 3 years old. And then it was gone was only for a month. IF you got low selling rating they think you are ripping off customers so they hold that money in case there is fraud! So that people don't get scammed.

But do give them a call and have all the information ready when they ask you to verify you over the phone. Let us know why it got put on hold so everyone else can learn from you.
I have 100% positive feedback with no low DSR. Had 1 PayPal case in the last 7 month. This account is really as perfect as it can be. I'm just going to wait for 1 more week, and if it's still there, I'll give them a buzz.
Old 12-27-2012

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_d View Post
Ok, so I had no holds since the start of this account. Now the account is almost 7 month old with close to 200 feedbacks & 100% positive. Also just got rewarded Top Rated Seller. But last week, the PayPal acc has been placed with 21 day hold, and there is over $3,000 been put on hold now.

I want to know if this is normal and what's the best way to get the hold lifted?

Thanks!
Normal is whatever new policies eb/pp dream up this month... Its a moving target hence you never know when they feel like boot your ass out the door. It sounds like you had 3 bad feedbacks in a week- they will throw the 21 day hold on you and place below standard status on your account. It's only a matter of time before you can kiss this acct goodbye. Beat them to the punch and start making some stealthy now before its too late.
Old 12-27-2012
Threadstarter  

What????? I said I got 100% positive feedback and no low DSR either.

Also I'm Top Rated Seller not below standard.
Old 12-27-2012

No neutrals???
Old 12-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Nope. This acc is really as perfect as it can be, selling limit been lift to $62,000 today as well.
Old 12-27-2012

Well the bots have picked up on something risky - have you introduced a new product recently that could be considered risky? Either that or somebody has lodged a complaint against you with the Trust and Safety dept.
Old 12-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Normal is whatever new policies eb/pp dream up this month... Its a moving target hence you never know when they feel like boot your ass out the door. It sounds like you had 3 bad feedbacks in a week- they will throw the 21 day hold on you and place below standard status on your account. It's only a matter of time before you can kiss this acct goodbye. Beat them to the punch and start making some stealthy now before its too late.
Are you even reading what is posted by the OP?????????????????

Re-read the posts. One claim & nothing the OP is aware of ( as yet) to cause this. Making new accounts was not quite the advice wanted.
Sighs.
Old 12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Are you even reading what is posted by the OP?????????????????

Re-read the posts. One claim & nothing the OP is aware of ( as yet) to cause this. Making new accounts was not quite the advice wanted.
Sighs.
If OP doesn't know what is wrong with his "perfect" acct, how are we supposed to know? I stand by my advice to be proactive and create some stealth accts just in case. The 21-day hold is usually for under-performing accts or risky activity. The only way he is going to be able to get to the bottom of this is to call eBay - not have people guessing on a forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
Roscoe (12-28-2012)
Old 12-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
If OP doesn't know what is wrong with his "perfect" acct, how are we supposed to know? I stand by my advice to be proactive and create some stealth accts just in case. The 21-day hold is usually for under-performing accts or risky activity. The only way he is going to be able to get to the bottom of this is to call eBay - not have people guessing on a forum.
Hmmm

BTW, OP will get better luck calling paypal for a 21 day hold than ebay.

At least for Australia, that is.

Old 12-28-2012

I looked at the OPs other threads and he posted about having been reported by LTC advisor for a listing that was then removed and also did some logging in from abroad whilst traveling. Both can be considered risky by eb and will flag even a trs account. Not sure if that activity was on the same acct he is discussing here but shows some risky activity nonetheless.

It is eb that instructs pp to start placing 21-day holds. So pp might not know the exact reason the holds are being placed. First time it happened to me I called pp and they forwarded me to eb CS to get the reason... But like you said it might differ in AU.

Cheers
Old 12-28-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_d View Post

Thanks!
I will only comment on this. A hold can be placed on an account at ANY time - there is something about your operations that caused a flag - could also be too many buyers using potentially problematic payment sources (which is beyond your control).

Best way is to keep operating CLEANLY, providing tracking and waiting patiently. You could call up PP but you are risking being hit with ID verification.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
westcoast_d (12-29-2012)
Old 12-28-2012
Banned

I don't get it why do you guys have limits of $62,000??? I got no limit on my account I posted 295 auctions, with 1,000 items on stock. And my stuff showed at like over $5 million + No limits! I don't get it.
Old 12-28-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
It is eb that instructs pp to start placing 21-day holds. So pp might not know the exact reason the holds are being placed. First time it happened to me I called pp and they forwarded me to eb CS to get the reason... But like you said it might differ in AU.

Cheers
That is only true for the initial 21 day hold, the one that you get before 90 days have passed since your first sale, which eBay automatically tells PayPal to drop after that time... if the hold comes back after that, it is because Paypal decided that it should added back, on their own accord this time. So PayPal would be the one to contact.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-28-2012)
Old 12-29-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I will only comment on this. A hold can be placed on an account at ANY time - there is something about your operations that caused a flag - could also be too many buyers using potentially problematic payment sources (which is beyond your control).

Best way is to keep operating CLEANLY, providing tracking and waiting patiently. You could call up PP but you are risking being hit with ID verification.
too many buyers using potentially problematic payment sources

If this is what could cause a 21-day hold, it has to be it. I have had around 10 unauthorized or payment review in the past 2 weeks. Total value excess $3000 dollars.

I did call PayPal yesterday, and this hopeless guy told me PayPal has nothing to do with the hold, it is instructed by eBay & PayPal will "never" hold it's customer's money . So I got transferred to eBay, after about 30 mins of explain and hold, the representative said the hold is made by PayPal not eBay, so I got transferred back to PayPal. And the last person helped me still couldn't tell me the reason of the hold. But told me the hold is no longer in place?? I hasn't sold anything yet so can't really verify that, but calling PayPal is really just waste of time, they have got the worst customer service ever.
Old 12-31-2012
Threadstarter  

I sold another item today on the US site. And the freaking 21-day hold is still there!! These PayPal representative is full of ****.
Old 01-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

As long as you dont need the money right away...your items arent problematic...and you ship quickly, 21-day hold is tolerable. Have to deal with it