Aus Post Load and Go cards. - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 09-05-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

No, I mean Paypal is limiting them. I also couldn't add it as my way to pay for eBay seller fees anymore, although that may have been a site error as it's happened before. If not then they've caught on to these cards.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2013

Longevity: 62%

I have just signed up to paypal with one of these cards, as in pp has accepted the deposit amounts it put in. Not tried anything else with it yet.

Craigoau -do you mean the card was restricted so any money on it you lost? or your pp/ebay account was restricted?
Old 09-05-2013

Let me know how it goes once you attempt a withdrawal. The deposit amounts came through fine with mine as well.

And he means the actual card is restricted. You have to go through a process when that happens, have to call them up and chase them up about it and they'll 'get back to you' in 6 or so days about it, although they forgot to get back to me when I had one of mine restricted and it took almost a month... it only happened once when I withdrew $500 at midnight from an ATM, but they claimed it was the paypal deposit amounts that set off the restriction which is bull**** because I've done plenty more and nothing ever happens. And I never bother to change ips when I register or login to check the balance on them so not sure what he means about them being connected being a problem?
Old 09-06-2013

Longevity: 94%

Yep it was the card itself that was restricted I have had it happen quite a few times. I believe they do not like it when you get money in and then hit the ATM if you go shopping with the card it seems to last longer (they make more money from you when you go shopping).
I got the story of the Paypal deposits which could be right as the minimum load/deposit is supposed to be $20 not a few cents but I have opened quite a few accounts and not had problems.
I used the same phone number for each account (I open accounts for friends overseas and had spoken to Load and Go about this and they said it was cool) recently all the cards linked to the same phone number were restricted. I can not be bothered chasing them up on it all accounts were slightly in credit and nothing 'naughty' going on so I just put I put it down to experience.
Old 09-06-2013

the money I moved from paypal to L&G has gone on fine - or did you mean a withdrawal from the load and go card? If so I may be waiting a long time to find that out as its my eldest's card that I put money onto- although online stuff has been bought with the card since.

Last edited by trains; 09-06-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trains View Post
the money I moved from paypal to L&G has gone on fine - or did you mean a withdrawal from the load and go card? If so I may be waiting a long time to find that out as its my eldest's card that I put money onto- although online stuff has been bought with the card since.
Okay that's good. No I just meant withdrawing an amount from your Paypal account into your Load and Go 'Bank account'.
Old 09-06-2013

yep, all fine and dandy. Done from my real account .L$G also had a different name and phone number to paypal but same address.
Old 09-08-2013

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtaill View Post
No the name does not need to match, and yes they can be used to verify paypal.

Only the load and go "travel" card requires sighted ID, as it has higher limits. With the normal one you just need to supply a mobile number, and choose an access code and memorable word.

If they are asking you for ID for a normal one, go to a different post office that knows what they are doing.
I have bought heaps of load an go cards, every single time I have been asked for id, they wont issue you one without it, trust me I have tried
Old 09-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by da20valve View Post
I have bought heaps of load an go cards, every single time I have been asked for id, they wont issue you one without it, trust me I have tried
I agree.

This is a state thing, I am sure.

Those of us with a coat hanger in the harbour have this problem.

Does not seem to happen in other places.

I prefer entropay still.

Old 09-08-2013

I have an update, I just spoke AUS POST and the guy told me they shouldn't ask you for ID and if they do tell them its only on the Load and GO travel, I told the guy I have bought a few on them and they always ask for id, he asked for the postcode looked up the post office and sent them through a copy of the Terms and Conditions for the different Load and Go cards, looks like tomorrow I will be heading into town to get some hassle free load and go cards.

PS Do you have any problems transferring your cash from Entropay to your real bank account, ie can Paypal find out or reverse charge ??.

Last edited by da20valve; 09-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2013

Default Re: Aus Post Load and Go cards.

Don't need id where I am -just a phone number =although not had to use that yet -so not too sure yet what that's for? But the sims are in the bin by the tills anyway -no id needed there either
Old 09-12-2013

Just bought 3 of these L&G cards today at 3 different post offices and was not asked for ID once (Sydney). If they ask for license just say you left it at home or you do not have one because on the product terms and conditions list it states that you can buy one with out ID regardless of which state you are in.

Just a question for people who already operate with these cards. When you link these cards to your Paypal, do you verify it as a credit/debit card or a bank account card?

If you link it to your Paypal as a credit/debit card, are you still able to withdraw money from the card at ATM machines?

Last edited by ed6587; 09-12-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2013

Longevity: 69%

For those who are using L&G cards as your linked bank account with paypal, how much money can you go through each month?

Cause I think there are limits on the amount of money for each card right?

Also when you adding the BSB & Acc number on PayPal, what do you write as a bank?
Old 09-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
I agree.

This is a state thing, I am sure.

Those of us with a coat hanger in the harbour have this problem.

Does not seem to happen in other places.

I prefer entropay still.

Can you withdraw money from PP onto Entropay, and then transfer the money to your bank account?
Old 09-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_d View Post
For those who are using L&G cards as your linked bank account with paypal, how much money can you go through each month?

Cause I think there are limits on the amount of money for each card right?

Also when you adding the BSB & Acc number on PayPal, what do you write as a bank?
I know the withdraw limits. Maximum of $500 per day and $5000 maximum per month. Not too sure about spending limits.

I actually rang up the L&G card helpline number and they said just use 'Load and Go' as the bank name
The Following User Says Thank You to ed6587 For This Useful Post:
westcoast_d (09-14-2013)
Old 09-14-2013

I havn't had any issues so far with my Load&Go. Have it linked to my Paypal account and have been transferring funds from Paypal to the card. Found an ATM to that doesn't charge a withdrawl fee which is nice. So far it's been going ok. I do like getting a txt msg when a deposit goes through into the card. None of my proper bank accounts have that feature btw.
Old 09-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolMonkey View Post
I havn't had any issues so far with my Load&Go. Have it linked to my Paypal account and have been transferring funds from Paypal to the card. Found an ATM to that doesn't charge a withdrawl fee which is nice. So far it's been going ok. I do like getting a txt msg when a deposit goes through into the card. None of my proper bank accounts have that feature btw.
When you first opened your paypal account with the new Load & Go card, did you verify the Load & Go card on your paypal account as a credit/debit card or did you verify it with the bank account number and BSB on the back? or did you verify it both ways?.

Just a little confused on wether the ATM withdrawal features would work if you only verify the card as a credit card instead of a bank account card.
Old 09-17-2013

I stuck Heritage bank as the name? As for the above question I can't remember which I did but I remember putting the BSB in somewhere. Infact I think I did both.. I will check when I next log on but hopefully someone else will be along before that

Am I o.k to log onto load and go and paypal on my normal user account (with legit ebay and paypal account on) or do I have to do this through the new user account?
The Following User Says Thank You to trains For This Useful Post:
ed6587 (09-17-2013)
Old 09-19-2013

Here's some info about the L&G cards. The max limit you can have on the card at any one time is $999. Not alot, but it gets more complicated. If you had $700 on your card, withdrew $500 at an atm, and made a few purchases and thus had $75 left on your card, you'd think, oh time to top up the card right!? Wrong. Even pending transactions, even atm withdrawals, are counted as part of the $999 limit. So you might only have $75 left on your card, and have $600+ in pending transactions. Thus this means you can only add $324 to your card. Once the pending transactions have cleared, and the atm withdrawls that also show up as pending are cleared, only then can you top it up properly. It doesn't help that the transaction history on you car when you view it online can also be days to week behind too.

Otherwise here's what happens. Thinking you've only got $75 left on the card, you put $700 on the card. Guess what, it get's denied and the funds get returned to wherever they were transferred from. Because $700 + the $600 in pending puts you over the $999 limit.

Just be careful, otherwise you might actually lose money. I know because I've lost money which vanished into a black hole. When transfers get denied by the L&G due to limit restrictions, they don't always get sent back to where they came from. They are supposed to, but in my case it didn't. And since the L&G card has no customer service behind it accept a bunch of Scottish script readers, learn the rules and fine print on this card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KoolMonkey For This Useful Post:
ed6587 (09-19-2013), topmeoff (11-04-2013)
Old 10-14-2013

I was just wondering, how is it possible to transfer the money in your paypal into a LG card?
Old 10-14-2013

Hi guys, my L&G card used for my paypal acc is about to expire, I don't normally use it to pay on paypal or withdraw. Do I need to get a new one?
Old 10-15-2013

[QUOTE=westcoast_d;485449]Can you withdraw money from PP onto Entropay, and then transfer the money to your bank account?[/QU

I have had heaps of trouble with Entropay lately, they keep telling me to confirm I am who I am, Load and Go on the other hand has been excellent, sold 5 items on Ebay and the money arrives from paypal always on the second day (at around 11:00 pm) faster then any bank account I have had.

I love Load and Go, its really a godsend.

I just created Load and Go and Paypal in the same name
Put bank as Heritage Bank and my bank details that are on the back of the load and go card.
SIMPLE
The one thing I am unsure of is how to pay eBay fees, do I do it from Paypal or from load and go, if someone can help me that would be great, I will continue to read in the meantime.

Last edited by da20valve; 10-15-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Little bit more