Load & Go Changes To ATM Withdrawal Limits - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal > AU PayPal Talk

Old 10-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Load & Go Changes To ATM Withdrawal Limits

Just spotted on the Aus Post/Load and Go Web site that from Nov 1 only $250 a week can be withdraw.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craigoaus For This Useful Post:
DotDot (10-22-2013), ed6587 (10-22-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2013

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Load & Go Changes To ATM Withdrawal Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigoaus View Post
Just spotted on the Aus Post/Load and Go Web site that from Nov 1 only $250 a week can be withdraw.
Yes, just saw that what an absolute joke.

How do they go from a $500 daily limit to $250 weekly limit. Now i have to look like a mafioso walking up to ATM machines with 5-6 different cards at a time.

There are still a couple of sneaky ways around this though as it is just an ATM withdrawal limit and not a spending limit.

Always thought L&G cards were far too convenient, almost too good to be true i will not be surprised if they get even more strict with them.
Old 10-22-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

Exactly Load & Go well and truly open to abuse and I also will not be surprised if they make it harder. But something we can do with out easy enough to open a bank account here and there are a few easily available options for prepaid cards.
I do not think Load & Go was designed to be used as we use them which is basically as a bank account and of course they do not make as much money when money is just drawn straight out. I rarely go to the ATM with Load and Go and prefer to spend the money on the card. I have had far less problems with the cards since doing this.
Old 10-22-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed6587 View Post
Always thought L&G cards were far too convenient, almost too good to be true i will not be surprised if they get even more strict with them.
100% agreed. i was speaking to a friend from the US about it a couples weeks ago and told him that they would probably start asking for ID when you purchase L&G soon. I am kind of surprised that it's been almost 2 years since it's first release and it still hasn't asked buyers for ID yet.

There is wayyy too many people using them to scam on gumtree. :( Actually I never knew a L&G card existed till people were telling me about these gumtree scams.

Last edited by DotDot; 10-22-2013 at 09:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DotDot For This Useful Post:
ebayanarchy (03-14-2014)
Old 10-22-2013

Longevity: 64%

$250 per week is a stupid though. so you withdraw $800 from paypal and it will take you 4 whole weeks to get it in cash! don't know about you guys but i rather show my ID and have a $500 daily limit.
Old 10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDot View Post
$250 per week is a stupid though. so you withdraw $800 from paypal and it will take you 4 whole weeks to get it in cash! don't know about you guys but i rather show my ID and have a $500 daily limit.
Yes i do not mind showing ID if it means a higher withdrawal limit and i can change the information on it when i register the card online but i don't think the limit will change wether you show ID or not.

They sell other prepaid cards at Australia post that require ID but i don't know if they work the same as the L&G ones or if you can even withdraw from ATM's with them.

Looks like its time to find some good money laundering outlets haha
Old 11-04-2013

Longevity: 73%

So THAT'S why they weren't working... great.
Old 11-04-2013

Longevity: 73%

Is it possible to withdraw money from the post office with these cards?

I sell quite alot so this just made them 1000 times harder for me to use.
Old 11-05-2013

Longevity: 66%

Bummer! Does that apply for existing L&G card holders or newly purchased ones?
Old 11-07-2013

@toolman no you can only deposit money on to the card at the post office not withdraw(even if you were able to withdraw i doubt they would let you just withdraw 100s of dollars without an ID. These changes were made due to people using the cards to scam others on gumtree.

It is applicable to all L&G customers, even existing ones.
Old 01-23-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed6587 View Post
@toolman no you can only deposit money on to the card at the post office not withdraw(even if you were able to withdraw i doubt they would let you just withdraw 100s of dollars without an ID. These changes were made due to people using the cards to scam others on gumtree.

It is applicable to all L&G customers, even existing ones.
Yeah sure it was those mongrels on gumtree!! haha

You all have these cards for your own dubious reasons, and if you had not realised there has been a sharp decline in VCC's available globally, fewer reloadable cards with decent limits etc. Virtual & Prepaid cards are fueling far more organised crime than a couple of tarts selling some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ hair straighteners on ebay AND if it wasn't a complete embarrassment and mockery of the world wide banking community they would have pulled the plug a long time ago.

What I really want to know is what is the deal with the "Load&Go Travel Card"? You can do up to $2.5k in a day, $25k per year, it's valid for 3 years, that's up to $75k and they are also a multi currency card. There is more than enough incentive for someone to start getting hold of these

Now it says they are supposed to sight some ID and ask your details, but is this recorded? If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate the info, it doesn't sound like something that could not be worked around so unless I have missed a crucial detail I don't know why ALL of you aren't lined up outside a post office as we speak.
Old 03-14-2014

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSambo View Post
What I really want to know is what is the deal with the "Load&Go Travel Card"?
Exactly the same as anonymous prepaid Load and Go card, only not so anonymous. The obvious advantage is higher withdrawal limits.

Ebay can't track it, so it can still be used with no problems with an eBay Stealth account. Law enforcement, on the other hand, can obviously track you using the ID provided when you sign up for the travel card.

If you are a white hat operator (legit) or a grey hat operator (for example - selling vero items) then using a load and go travel card is fine.

If you are a black hat operator or a full on fraudster, then your obviously better option is to use the anonymous card, albeit it has lower limits.

Also keepin mind, their is an advantage in complete anonymity when an account is shut down. If you have used a complete stealth card there is no need to worry about paying eBay or PayPal fees, while if you are traceable then you may (or may not) have to pay the fees to settle the account.
Old 03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayanarchy View Post
Exactly the same as anonymous prepaid Load and Go card, only not so anonymous.
"EXACTLY THE SAME" really?!!

A main portion of this website emphasises upon how to operate stealth accounts.

You have just given an example of a card that is stealth and one that isn't.

As for the white,grey & black hat theory, you are still selling under false details. No matter how legit your products are.

Yes,the punishment may be more severe for the latter but don't be shocked when your white and grey hat operation lands you in legal strife.

Last edited by ed6587; 03-14-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSambo View Post
Yeah sure it was those mongrels on gumtree!! haha

You all have these cards for your own dubious reasons, and if you had not realised there has been a sharp decline in VCC's available globally, fewer reloadable cards with decent limits etc. Virtual & Prepaid cards are fueling far more organised crime than a couple of tarts selling some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ hair straighteners on ebay AND if it wasn't a complete embarrassment and mockery of the world wide banking community they would have pulled the plug a long time ago.

What I really want to know is what is the deal with the "Load&Go Travel Card"? You can do up to $2.5k in a day, $25k per year, it's valid for 3 years, that's up to $75k and they are also a multi currency card. There is more than enough incentive for someone to start getting hold of these

Now it says they are supposed to sight some ID and ask your details, but is this recorded? If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate the info, it doesn't sound like something that could not be worked around so unless I have missed a crucial detail I don't know why ALL of you aren't lined up outside a post office as we speak.
VCCs are used for crime all over the world? WOW! what a shock, who would have guessed that.

You require 100 points of ID to obtain a Load and Go travel card so you'll probably find your way around it about the same time you find out how to go to your local branch and open an anonymous bank account.