Staying under the Radar.. on New accts... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 12-31-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Staying under the Radar.. on New accts...

HI- Well. thought I would post the 1st thread..
My own personal experience has been,

When you have a relatively new acct-- do NOT:

a.) DO NOT try and sell Vero /Big Name items from the get go--sure tko
b.) Dont use the 3 day auctions-even though they offer them- use 7 day
c.) Dont keep changing/revising the auctions--for some odd reasons- sets off a trigger and you get the abusing ebay suspension
d.) dont list too many of the same items in the same category-- i am assuming they consider this trying to Dominate the category??
e.) I have also had accts taken out for using all CAPS in the titles/descripts---why? I dont know?? (thinking us older people on the bay know that instead of paying them $1.00 for bold on say 100 listings- we use all caps- just about same effect)-- they DONT LIKE IT..
f.) again- something stupid--but tested + it works--let them get the fees--add upgrades,etc and acct stays up-- staying too cheap= well, my own exper-- i let them get their money + accts still up--so add some of their options- bold/10 day/subtitle/listing designer/etc
g.) Again-- stupid-- BUT-- the accts I have exclusively hosted photos elsewhere + DEPRIVED ebay for the 15 cents per picture-gone-- I sprinkle a couple here and there- so i list in Auctive maybe 10 auctions + 2 on ebay--so, the ebay BOTS see their getting paid.
h.) Be VERY CAREFUL of your shipping costs on NEW accts- if ANYTHING--keep em dirt cheap! They are even flagging them now with the red screen "your shipping costs seem high compared to other sellers"....
- SO EVEN if say you are at $4.00 shipping, well, i have even made it $3.99 (sounds cheaper)-- and it costs me $4.60- so hat- the accts up/earning positive feedback-!
i.) The LUCKY number feedback is "10"--you cna open an ebay store at 10- you can do buy it now at 10- you can do featured listings, etc. at 10---
j.) DO NOT get any NEUTRAL feedback-- during your "probationary" period---let the buyers get over alittle... get 100% pos. feedback
k.) BEST LESSON--get the goods out YESTERDAY.... Rapid Fast SHIP--you will earn points with your buyers ++ paypal likes to see this also (after all -the BIG fraud is no ship.. advertise, collect, then flee)--
l.) ANSWER the buyers questions ASAP... dont let them wait- dont give them a reason to contact ebay.. I even answer emails from my Palm Treo while driving...(BTW- a palm doesnt cost that much more than a reg cell, and its loaded with options + gives you a NEW IP every single log in--and its FAST/Broadband....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebayhateluv For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-16-2013), Pnkgirl25 (01-19-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

About the lucky feedback.. if you accept Paypal it's only 5 instead of 10. At least for Buy-It-Nows, not sure about stores.

Not to advocate Paypal or anything, but I figure it's better that at least people know.
Old 12-31-2007

I was able to open a store with 0 feedback on an account that was just a couple of weeks old.
Old 12-31-2007
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

..and you weren't ID verified or anything like that?
Old 12-31-2007
Threadstarter  

I've tried several times-- maybe I'm missing something-- as a Store makes Relisting alot quicker-you can choose 25/time-click relist- thats it...
Also- lets you see the buyers email from your screen instead of going to aol mail, so you can send the invoices, and- other helpful stuff,,,
Old 01-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
..and you weren't ID verified or anything like that?
No, I can't use my real name or any other information. I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address. The account was created in mid November. I believe it was about 2 weeks when I opened the store. My IP is not local at all.

My items are all legit. I price them at a more realistic amount. My shipping is just a bit lower than my competitors. Though, I get a box stating that my shipping is too high compared to others. Until the account was a month old, my listings would not appear for about 4 hours. Now, they are immediate.

Really - it seems that this account goes against everything that is said here. Maybe as the member I discussed it with said - it was an early XMas gift from Ebay.

I am going to try to hold on to this account. The money is starting to come in now. Not as much as I was before. But, I have definitely seen an increase as my store inventory grows.
Old 01-02-2008

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
I've tried several times-- maybe I'm missing something-- as a Store makes Relisting alot quicker-you can choose 25/time-click relist- thats it...
Also- lets you see the buyers email from your screen instead of going to aol mail, so you can send the invoices, and- other helpful stuff,,,
And I don't think I did anything special. Otherwise, I would share. I really like having the store because I use a drop shipper. So, I can list a lot more without a huge bill at the end of the month. And a time saver - which is always good with all these kids running around here.
Old 01-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Anyone try selling their items in completely different categories? If selling an electronic item under the electronics category raises flags then maybe you should put it elsewhere. Most ppl type in their searches anyway. Who the hell goes thru thousands of listings looking for stuff?
Old 01-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

This is great info!
I got my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account up and running and managed to create 5 auctions using auctiva so now I'm thinking I'd better create 1-2 using ePay and add a few extra upgrades to those new auctions to keep those clowns happy.

Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2008
Threadstarter  

Lisa B-- (Not being Negative)...BUT.. BE VERY CAREFUL about the number of listings you are putting through the first few days... I would sit on it at the 5, if it were me..
You will get the dreaded "abusing" email from ebay..
(Havent really figured out how thats Abusing, but they say it is...)
Good Luck
Old 01-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Oh OK, I'll play it safe and stop at 6 auctions for now.
Thanks!
Old 01-31-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Staying Under the Radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Lisa B-- (Not being Negative)...BUT.. BE VERY CAREFUL about the number of listings you are putting through the first few days... I would sit on it at the 5, if it were me..
You will get the dreaded "abusing" email from ebay..
(Havent really figured out how thats Abusing, but they say it is...)
Good Luck
Could it be that they suspect it may be a previously suspended seller but there
is not quite enough proof, so they do their usual scare tactics hoping to create
a trap?
Old 01-31-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, Green Bean!
Well, not really sure--BUt, think like this---
>> Can you Remember back creating that Very First Ebay listing.. I can-- I cant remember what it was, but I can remember how darn long it took me, like an hour. (I thought, is this really worth it??)
** NOW, i can do a list in less than 5 mins.. SO, what do you thiink their Anti-Fraud, Risk Control Software is Looking for???
Old 02-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

**Now I can do a list in less than 5mins ...SO, what do you thiink their Anti-
Fraud,Risk Control Software is Looking for???"

Probably that the risk control software does flag the manner of the list's
construction. It may be so programmed to look at the finesse with which a list
is done. If it is Too new, too fast being put up,the signal may then be where do you really come from? Are u the new boy on the block (as you say) we are
sus about you. (hope that makes sense)
Old 02-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
**Now I can do a list in less than 5mins ...SO, what do you thiink their Anti-
Fraud,Risk Control Software is Looking for???"

Probably that the risk control software does flag the manner of the list's
construction. It may be so programmed to look at the finesse with which a list
is done. If it is Too new, too fast being put up,the signal may then be where do you really come from? Are u the new boy on the block (as you say) we are
sus about you. (hope that makes sense)
OK, eBay is so narrowminded is makes me mad.

When I was in good standing and before I got banned last year, I had my Sister set up her own eBay/PayPal/Auctiva accounts so she could start selling.

Well she's lazy and needs some hand holding and never bothered selling on eBay, so my plan was to go over her house this weekend and help her create some auctions so she can start selling her stuff.

I was going to train her on Auctiva:create auctions, scheduling, create similar acutions, etc.

Everything to get her up and running faster than I did when I first started selling on eBay.

Is it wrong of me to want to help my Sister?

I'll probably freak her out if I tell her at any given moment eBay might target her on a whim as a fraud just because she's a new seller and creating auctions too fast for a new seller?

That's A bunch of BULL if you ask me.

I live so near eBay HQ, I feel like dropping off a load of doggie doo doo in a box to those jokers....teehee :D
Old 02-01-2008

The most important step after getting over the new ebay seller account hump; DO NOT LIST MORE THAN 4 THE FIRST DAY!
Little by little as the week goes on add two here and three there, try not to go over 9 maybe for the first month or so.
Who know's my account could be shot by Monday morning, but I've gotten a solid two weeks almost out of it by listing the minimal amount, keeping it low.
So far so good! Thanks to ebayhateluv for establishing that fact!
Old 02-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Thank You! Fabricator for Verifying that FACT..
Its True, folks.. ANYONE can go create "AN ACCOUNT".. and if it takes 10-15 mins, then thats all its worth, a 10-15 min acct...
__ Mine + MOdees accts are Nurtured, watched, the phone lines called 2x/month to keep active, the email boxes monitored, the ids checked, and rechecked from 'outside of ebay"..
The ebay Tokens generated same day as acct created, etc..
-- Its not down to a science, but i can tell you this.. -0- LINKING
with new system..
-- AND even some, I have threw a VERO in,just to see it go down, and if not, another VERO, and if not, a 3rd,, UNTIL they take the acct , then i record, why/when, factors, etc..
--alot of note taking, alot of leg work, gift cards switched up, rotated, Accts created in diff States--drive to those States again when Listing the 1st item..
__ SO, Summary: You get what you pay for, + You will KEEP what you take care of.. )
Old 02-01-2008

Explain to me the phone lines thing; I basically do a google search in my immediate area and use an address, phone number to that address and bogus name. However how does the phone number on file mean anything? I know sometimes ebay does a random phone call to confirm the listings with the seller, but how does the seller keep those phone lives active as you put it?
Old 02-01-2008
Threadstarter  

HI:
A couple ways:
a.) Years ago we had what they called the Criss Cross Directory-(huge books of peoples names/address/phone)--It also did it by REVERSE--
example: Look up John Smith on Cedar street--go to Smith, then J, then CEDAR, OK FOUND IT, (123-456-7890-sMITH, j. cedar st zip 12345)
now-ALSO- YOU CAN LOOK UP:
pHONE NUMBER: 123-456-7890--OK, FIND THE 123 AREA CODE, then narrow down to 123, then 456- ok, i see it, now,, 7891, 7892, etc,, unitl you find the 7890-- ok found it registered to "j.smith", on cedar street, zip code, 12345.. ok, match.
---nowadays its on cd..
b.) I am certain either this, or something similar is fed into their fraud control software
c.) They do a "match" for area/street/zip--with the phone--then, 'does it jive"?
d.) ALSO- they need a VALID contact for you-- to be certain you are NOT a suspended seller trying to get back on ... LOL
e.) As for keeping them active, the AIM lines need called each 30 dys to keep alive..
Good Luck
Old 02-01-2008

hmm, I always wondered if they tried to link the name with the address and phone number; so are you saying that it's absolutely necessary to make sure that the name, address and phone number are all real? I usually just make up a bogus name with the real address and phone number.
Old 02-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Wink Staying under the Radar..on New accts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fabricator View Post
hmm, I always wondered if they tried to link the name with the address and phone number; so are you saying that it's absolutely necessary to make sure that the name, address and phone number are all real? I usually just make up a bogus name with the real address and phone number.
Doing that is creating a probable missing link. To get fully back to ebay, you
have to think like "Witness Protection". No point in change ips,isp, etc etc if
the phone number is not going to work. I do not think that using your last
sentence of a bogus name & real address/phone will get you too far. You gotta
give out 'real' details, act in a certain way AND not trip yourself up.
Here's some info. I am a newbie, joined some months ago. I am only now comfortable with what to do: rejoining the devil takes planing, very careful.
Take on board all the info you are given here.
Old 02-02-2008

Well then it should be stated to go through the phone book and take an actual full name with the address and phone number rather than just googling an address and having to make up a name, because that's basically what you have to do if you google some random address in your head for a particular town. It doesn't give the name.
Although most people now days probably would just give their cell phone number, so that wouldn't really match with the address now would it? So I don't think the phone number is as important to maybe the name matching the address.