Sellers Sourcebook (SSB) and Auctiva - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing

Auction Listing Images, Descriptions, Titles, Listing Advice, BIN and More!

Old 09-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Sellers Sourcebook (SSB) and Auctiva

I have been using Sellers Sourcebook (SSB) since Auctiva started charging for their service. I pay $8.00/month for SSB instead of $9.95 charged by Auctiva.

I sent an email to SSB asking if eB would know I was using one SSB account for multiple eB accounts. This is the response I received from SSB:

"Thank you for your email. While I know that we for sure provide the ability to use multiple eBay accounts with your SSB account, I am not for sure if eBay is able to know that you have the multiple accounts using one SSB account. I would like to ask my Manager on this to be sure, so that I do not provide you the incorrect answer. As soon as I have heard back from her, I will email you and let you know."

And then I received this response from SSB

"Thank you for your patience. Yes, eBay would be able to know that the eBay ID's are using the same third party provider, as they track such usage. Since the images and template graphics would link back to the same SSB account. I hope this helps!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also sent an email to Auctiva regarding possible linking and I received this response from Auctiva:

"No, I do not believe that eBay will be able to know that all 3 accounts are for the same user since they are all individual accounts associated with different eBay Ids. The "Multi-Account" plan only affects the billing for your Auctiva accounts, it would have no impact over the billing of your eBay accounts through eBay."

I am a little nervous with the "I do not believe . . ." comment.

I then asked Auctiva the following question:

"One last question ~ how many total eBay accounts can I attach to one Auctiva account?"

Auctiva responded:

"You can only use 1 Auctiva account per eBay Id. As for how many additional Auctiva accounts can you place on the "Multi-Account" plan under a primary account on the "Unlimited Plan", while we do not have a precise limit per say, we will usually limit users to 4 additional Auctiva accounts on the "Multi-Account" plan under 1 primary Auctiva account on the "Unlimited Plan"."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this helps answer any questions others may have about Auctiva and SSB.

I will continue to use SSB for eBid and Bonanza and use Auctiva for my various new eB accounts.

Last edited by Sooner; 09-07-2011 at 11:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sooner For This Useful Post:
ESDave (09-11-2011), GreenBean (09-08-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2011
Threadstarter  

I do have a couple of quick question for the @@@@ guru's.

Today I created two new Auctiva accounts and token linked them to my two new eB accounts. I now need to determine which account to use as the "master" account. I have an existing Auctiva account that is linked to my now suspended eB account. I only pay $2.95/month for this account just so my old listings are held someplace and I have been using SSB to list on eB (now suspended account), eBid and Bonanza.

Question: Should I use one of my two new Auctiva accounts as the "master" account and not link the suspended account to the new accounts or should I use the Auctiva account linked to my suspended eB account as the "master" account and add the two new accounts to this older account?

Another question: Does it matter what IP address is used when listing and uploading items via Auctiva? When I list items for new eB account #1 do I need to log into the Auctiva account from the user account created for account #1 and then switch to new user account/different IP when listing for new eB account #2? Can I use my regular user account/IP address when listing items in Auctiva (for any eB account)? Can eB track our IPs via Auctiva?
Old 09-09-2011

Longevity: 75%

I would be very very careful with this. For me $9 a month is a very small saving compared to what you have to lose - I don't like this at all
Old 09-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I would be very very careful with this. For me $9 a month is a very small saving compared to what you have to lose - I don't like this at all
Hey GrannyT ~ what are your concerns so I make sure I'm not missing anything?

From what I understand regarding Auctiva ~ I have a separate Auctiva account for each of my eB accounts. Each Auctiva account is set up individually and each account has a separate login and password. The only way Auctiva links them is for billing purposes. There is a main account that is billed $9.95 per month and then there are sub/free accounts associated with the main account.

Can anyone confirm that my information is correct and if anyone is using Auctiva with a main account and sub/free accounts? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 76%

It bills your Ebay account correct?
Old 09-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Auctiva bills me directly and I pay my Auctiva bill via my bank account. The Auctiva statement is not run through eB. Auctiva does not bill my Pa Pa account and I do not pay my Auctiva invoice via Pa Pa.