eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Paypal asking to confirm information on every brand new aus acc? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/133091-paypal-asking-confirm-information-every-brand-new-aus-acc.html)

Toolman89 01-28-2020 08:32 AM

Paypal asking to confirm information on every brand new aus acc?

As soon as the account is created, within a couple of mins 'there's a problem with your account' then asks to confirm your information and they attempt to cross check it with equifax. However nothing is actually limited, but if you don't 'confirm' within 30 days, it says your ability to receive payments will be limited. This has happened twice now over just the past couple of days when it's never happened before.

Can anyone else confirm whether this is now happening to them as well?

sax4 01-28-2020 09:33 AM

Re: Paypal asking to confirm information on every brand new aus acc?

It happens when you try to make a Paypal through Ebay, Ebay share the info that you registered on Ebay with Paypal, but they cannot share the D.O.B.

So you just need to add D.O.B on Paypal and you're fine

Toolman89 01-28-2020 09:44 AM

It was not made through eBay, and has nothing to do with DOB.

craigoaus 01-28-2020 07:56 PM

Having the same problem. Went through ebay as well as direct

Lord_Haw_Haw 01-29-2020 02:27 AM

This is correct. Started around a week ago. Every new PP account in Australia will need to go through a basic ID check with Equifax. The account name, address and DOB must match one on Equifax's database. That's the new requirement. You have 30 days to go through the ID verification on PP or they block withdrawls from the PP account. It seems however you can signup as usual and link a card and bank account and you will get the verify ID demand but even after 30 days it won't stop you sending money. It seems this new requirement is really aimed at Sellers/Receivers of money. Those who want to simply send will be unaffected.

Also older accounts that were made prior to the last week or so are being hit with "verify your ID" requests. It doesn't produce the same "account limited" notification as the new accounts are. Again you are told that you have 30 days to verify your details. Not sure what happens with these older accounts after 30 days if you dont verify but we shall see. I'd recommend clearing out any money might have in older stealth accounts. It is likely PP will be implementing the ID check on ALL accounts over the coming weeks and if you don't comply then it will block withdrawals.

Blighty 01-29-2020 07:19 AM

Getting this on a 12 yr old acc, yet another pain in the arse due no doubt.:mad:

daisho 02-07-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 1065106)
It happens when you try to make a Paypal through Ebay, Ebay share the info that you registered on Ebay with Paypal, but they cannot share the D.O.B.

So you just need to add D.O.B on Paypal and you're fine

Not true.

I just recently bought stealth guide did everything correctly and also got hit with this equifax requirement like 30 minutes after creation.

Any solution to this or is that it , stealth don't work unless you get fulls i.d ?

daisho 02-07-2020 11:08 PM

Anyone got any solutions to this, kind of feel like I got the stealth guide at the wrong time as it does not cover this. Any mod have anything to say ?

mine 02-09-2020 03:28 AM

I think we're waiting to see what happens when the deadline passes.

craigoaus 02-09-2020 07:08 PM

I believe any account that is now opened for Australia the accounts owners name etc will need to pass the Digital ID check which is pretty common these days as when you register a SIM card online. I am making a guess based on experience here but if name datof birth all match in the system you'll be ok.

Toolman89 02-20-2020 11:30 AM

Well the couple of accounts I made that received their first payments just before this new limitation started appearing have all been limited asking for photo id and proof of fulfilment.

datura 02-23-2020 08:14 PM

Thanks for sharing this. I was about to make a bunch of new accounts with dedicated IPs & "made-up" details and then I saw this thread, saved me :p

The same thing happened to a legit account about a week ago, asked for photo ID (which I passed successfully). I wasn't aware it was related to the Equifax verification. Things are going to be a lot harder now.

Blighty 02-26-2020 02:04 PM

Anyone got any issues with the resolution centre, ie. nothing requested but still limited?
tried the contact form, but even that's not working:doh:

Toolman89 03-07-2020 05:47 AM

So has anyone tested this out yet? Whether you can at least make a new account and withdraw before the 30 day time limit? I tried to make a new account using real details and it still didn't work, Equifax obviously isn't that reliable at confirming identity.

dynastyantique 04-10-2020 04:42 AM

I met same problem about two month ago, today I try again, I find paypal has cancel this ID verification alert, maybe they also find Equifax isn't correct frequently, so I make 10+ stealth accounts at one time.

Toolman89 04-11-2020 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynastyantique (Post 1084036)
I met same problem about two month ago, today I try again, I find paypal has cancel this ID verification alert, maybe they also find Equifax isn't correct frequently, so I make 10+ stealth accounts at one time.

yeah but now as soon as they receive money they get limited and asked for photo id and proof of fulfilment. at least that's been my experience.

fernandox 04-13-2020 08:43 AM

I think I have a way around this. On eBay AU theses a option to like your bank instead of PP can you just make a new savings account and start selling straight away or will that not work.

BobMustafa 04-15-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernandox (Post 1085025)
I think I have a way around this. On eBay AU theses a option to like your bank instead of PP can you just make a new savings account and start selling straight away or will that not work.

As far as I'm aware, you can only add your bank account in addition to PayPal, you can't have bank transfer as your only method of payment?

fernandox 04-16-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMustafa (Post 1085563)
As far as I'm aware, you can only add your bank account in addition to PayPal, you can't have bank transfer as your only method of payment?

So is there anyway around this to get back on eBay or should I just give up until someone figures it out?

fernandox 04-26-2020 04:32 AM

hey i was wondering if I can get around this by using a us fresh ip as I'm not selling a physical item or would i need to do more steps to make it look like I'm from us.

Any help would be appreciated

fernandox 08-01-2020 09:56 PM

Hello i was wondering if using secondeyesolution would work for documents, as im considering buying them to get around the id verify. Does anyone know if they work in Australia or do they check with government files or something like that and i also did not check to be in the Equifax's database. Any help would be appreciate thanks

Rdown 09-07-2020 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernandox (Post 1108669)
Hello i was wondering if using secondeyesolution would work for documents, as im considering buying them to get around the id verify. Does anyone know if they work in Australia or do they check with government files or something like that and i also did not check to be in the Equifax's database. Any help would be appreciate thanks

Have you tried this has it worked?