eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Australia eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   eBay new managed payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/australia-ebay-paypal/141856-ebay-new-managed-payments.html)

chrisd01 02-03-2021 11:47 PM

eBay new managed payments

Just received a message from eBay saying if I don't register for their new managed payments my account will be restricted and I won't be able to list new items. This is pretty much a dead end for any stealth account. There's no way around it as they have a dedicated office checking sellers ID and bank accounts. Goodbye stealth account...

My only saving grace is my stealth account name has two of the same names as my real name eg:

Stealth name: John Wayne

But even still I don't think I can get verified???

Years ago I did register an account with my real name and it got blocked, but not because of a previous account linked to me it was blocked because my brother's account was banned. My current stealth account is 3 years old with nearly 5000 feedback and good seller dashboard stats. My question is, if I now changed my stealth eBay name in settings would they somehow link it again to my brothers banned account or has my stealth account gone past ebay's verification phase

dom03 02-05-2021 06:59 AM

Re: eBay new managed payments

I would not change names, that may get you flagged.

I don't feel this is a big deal, managed payments has been used for over a year by UK/US and stealth users no problem, just submit the docs they ask for... and you will be fine. Make sure they are good.

They cannot or do not verify them.

Papapad 02-05-2021 08:13 AM

Us managed payments require ssn which is impossible to acquire when going stealth. So I don’t really understand your point that it’s no problem.

dom03 02-05-2021 11:12 PM

Yes but they don't verify SSN. it works fine from what I have read (I think). your mileage ma vary.

But to be sure go read the US/UK forums, this is not anything new. Its been talked about and works with stealth for a long time.

KahunaBF 02-14-2021 09:35 PM

So what are your battle plans fellow Australians

Change details on eBay account to real ones
or
Cake docs and hope they aren't verified

I wish I had multiple accounts so I could try with cake docs first

chrisd01 02-15-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahunaBF (Post 1141885)
So what are your battle plans fellow Australians

Change details on eBay account to real ones
or
Cake docs and hope they aren't verified

I wish I had multiple accounts so I could try with cake docs first

I'm going to just put in my real drivers licence and bank account. Not confident but see how it goes I'll let you know

KahunaBF 02-16-2021 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1142041)
I'm going to just put in my real drivers licence and bank account. Not confident but see how it goes I'll let you know

Good luck

I suggest use a fresh bank account, no fee Suncorp account for example

chrisd01 02-16-2021 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahunaBF (Post 1142101)
Good luck

I suggest use a fresh bank account, no fee Suncorp account for example

Why a new bank account? Would still be in the same name/address

rsot 02-16-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1142041)

I wouldn't give them your real info for their "files" - they keep all this kind of info

KahunaBF 02-16-2021 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1142103)
Why a new bank account? Would still be in the same name/address

On the bank doc I don't think you have to show your address

craigoaus 02-21-2021 04:15 PM

with bank account I just had to log into my internet banking from the managed payment page .. I followed the instructions logged in with internet banking details and bingo managed payments happy.

GreenBean 02-21-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papapad (Post 1140313)
Us managed payments require ssn which is impossible to acquire when going stealth. So I don’t really understand your point that it’s no problem.

Don’t spread phake news.

It is possible to use LLC.

Go read the US subforum. The issue is addressed.

=}-

KahunaBF 02-22-2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigoaus (Post 1142871)
with bank account I just had to log into my internet banking from the managed payment page .. I followed the instructions logged in with internet banking details and bingo managed payments happy.

Miss matched names or legit details?

cisco_ebay99 03-25-2021 03:48 PM

So who's used creative documents and been successful with MP?

I know several guys who have registered with MP used docos matching the stealth accounts and still rejected and account suspended.

KahunaBF 03-26-2021 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cisco_ebay99 (Post 1147096)
So who's used creative documents and been successful with MP?

I know several guys who have registered with MP used docos matching the stealth accounts and still rejected and account suspended.

Australian sellers?

cisco_ebay99 03-28-2021 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahunaBF (Post 1147137)
Australian sellers?

Yes Australian seller. I'm not sure how they are matching it. Does anyone know which database they are using to match details? RTA licenses database or Equifax or some other? The question I have is why are these agencies allowing a private company to match IDs?

To the guy that PM'd me sorry mate I cant PM you back because I havent posted enough. I wrote up a msg to you but it failed.

KahunaBF 03-28-2021 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cisco_ebay99 (Post 1147353)
Yes Australian seller. I'm not sure how they are matching it. Does anyone know which database they are using to match details? RTA licenses database or Equifax or some other? The question I have is why are these agencies allowing a private company to match IDs?

To the guy that PM'd me sorry mate I cant PM you back because I havent posted enough. I wrote up a msg to you but it failed.

Well I am about to find out

Changed account details to real -- left address as ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Logged into bank account...verified
Uploaded creative bank statement
Used real drivers licence No.

dom03 03-30-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cisco_ebay99 (Post 1147353)
The question I have is why are these agencies allowing a private company to match IDs?

These agencies are not just for governments, private companies are able to use ID matching databases (its primarily designed for them actually).

Governments and banks have their own ID systems, but also sometimes use 3rd party agencies as well.

chrisd01 04-05-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahunaBF (Post 1147371)
Well I am about to find out

Changed account details to real -- left address as ⊗⊗⊗⊗
Logged into bank account...verified
Uploaded creative bank statement
Used real drivers licence No.

How did you go?

KahunaBF 04-06-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1148233)
How did you go?

Not banned yet

Activate management payments next Monday

chrisd01 04-08-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahunaBF (Post 1148341)
Not banned yet

Let us know man. Are you changing your stealth name/address to your real details then registering? Think I'll do the same. But, eBay have sent me a message a few weeks ago stating I can't list items but I still can so waiting until that kicks in.

Good luck

cisco_ebay99 04-24-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KahunaBF (Post 1148341)
Not banned yet

Its been 2 weeks bro. Did you manage to be successful?

Also your method if your using your REAL drivers license and logging onto your netbank from their portal to verify your account how are you going to do it for your future stealth accounts?

There are guys with 5+ stealth accounts. You will jeopardise all of them if you use your real license on all of them.